Jillian Michael's *RIPPED IN 30* challenge!

Options

Replies

• KristinaW506
    KristinaW506 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've already done it 3 times over the past couple days. It's a hard but fun work out. We are booking a trip down south so I've got extra motivation.

SW: 198.3
    CW: 173.8
    GW: 148
  • hilarywang
    Options
    I am actually just starting Level 4 today but wanted to throw in that I love this DVD! Since I am essentially in the toning over losing weight, final stage of my weight loss I can't speak for it helping you drop a ton of pounds. I am still slowly losing. BUT I have noticed a big difference in my stamina and my muscle strength. It's awesome to be on Day 1 cursing at the TV, only to be powering through by the end of the week! Thanks to her sick fascination with the plank, I am also so excited on how my arms/ shoulders are toning up. Not so impressed with the ab portion of this though but no worries, I know she has a specific DVD for them ;-) It's a great option to mix things up and you'll find yourself looking forward to doing it each day (even with those darn duck walks....grrrr!)
  • hilarywang
    Options
    Duck walk! AHHH! The worst. Oh and the Two minutes of cardio in plank position. Uff-dah!
  • McCelmer
    McCelmer Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi, y'all! I am so sore after the first day of Shred (yesterday). :embarassed: I ran today and will attempt day two tomorrow.

I plan on doing the DVD every other day so my muscles get a short break; will run/walk/rest in between Shred workouts.

I might try a few of the recipes from the meal plan but I intend on just eating clean with some wiggle room (red wine and the occasional burger are my weaknesses).
  • amyadell
    amyadell Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I started week 2 yesterday... For me not quite as good as week 1, but it will get better... I think it's an issue of improper form on some moves... Can't quite do them, which makes it hard to push the effort! That push-up thing with bringing your leg up to the side to your shoulder SUCKS!!!! Haha!!!! I will stick with it though... The 30shred was awesome, and I got EXCELLENT losses in inches!!! I really saw myself get stronger with each day, and by this weeks end, I WILL be able to do that damn move!!! ;P
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I completed Ripped in 30 and I found it better than 30 Day Shred. Week 3 & 4 were my favourite(most challenging) and still doing it before my Insanity videos arrive.

Never before have I ever had muscle or been so toned. I could barely do 1 push up when I started. So I noticed a huge difference in the way my body looked and my strength. Good luck ladies!!

Thanks for your input! I'm looking forward to being more fit...as are the rest of us too!
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Hi, y'all! I am so sore after the first day of Shred (yesterday). :embarassed: I ran today and will attempt day two tomorrow.

I plan on doing the DVD every other day so my muscles get a short break; will run/walk/rest in between Shred workouts.

I might try a few of the recipes from the meal plan but I intend on just eating clean with some wiggle room (red wine and the occasional burger are my weaknesses).

I remember the first time I did 30ds...soooo sooooore! But by day 3 or 4 I was rockin' it like a rockstar! Just be sure to stretch real good before and after since she doesn't really give enough time for that. I'm trying to eat clean as well. I have omelet muffins in the oven as I type! My weaknesses is sugar. Period. haha.
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    I started week 2 yesterday... For me not quite as good as week 1, but it will get better... I think it's an issue of improper form on some moves... Can't quite do them, which makes it hard to push the effort! That push-up thing with bringing your leg up to the side to your shoulder SUCKS!!!! Haha!!!! I will stick with it though... The 30shred was awesome, and I got EXCELLENT losses in inches!!! I really saw myself get stronger with each day, and by this weeks end, I WILL be able to do that damn move!!! ;P

I'm sooo waiting for week 2! Week 1 is almost easy but not. I have improper form on some of the moves in w1 I'm sure. I hate planks with all my heart. I can't ever tell if my butt is too low or too high! I'm wondering if I'll be able to do w2! I'm nerrrrvous! I plan on doing the 30ds after Ripped since it has a lot of ab moves in it and with my csection I wanted to do something that wasn't directed at my lower ab too much or didn't have as much jumping as the 30ds did. (I did the 30ds before I got pregnant though, I loved it!)
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 complete!!!! Lets get moving guys!!! :)

whoo hoo!!! :glasses:
  • MissyFit08
    Options
    IT doesn't matter what level, day or dvd you're using to me. If you want to join, join up! See you around!
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Duck walk! AHHH! The worst. Oh and the Two minutes of cardio in plank position. Uff-dah!

I think the Week 2 cardio of the plank jacks and mountain climbers was the most evil thing she could have put together. By themselves with a standing cardio? No problem. But back to back and then repeat??? Even by the last day when I did get through em, I still was cursing all the way through it.

On a side note, did anyone else feel that the workout peaked at Week 2 and then got easier? Maybe I am getting stronger but I feel like Week 3 and Week 4's workouts were a lot more doable.
  • danahouseholderr
    danahouseholderr Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I am on Week 1 Day 4 of Ripped in 30 and could definitely use the support! I just finished 30DS last week and wanted to go right into RI30 after a weekend of rest. Week 1 is definitely tough but the only thing I struggle with so badly is running man! I have no idea why that one is so hard for me but I always have to stop for a second to catch my breath, even when I try to pace myself.

I was SO sore after the first 3 days (similar to 30DS) but it's starting to go away. I was wondering, are any of you following her meal plan or just counting calories? I've just been sticking to a 1400 calorie diet, trying to get as many fruits and veggies as possible. I was a little disappointed from the 30DS because I only lost 4 lbs, but I DID lose 1 1/2" on my waist and can now do push ups! I do notice a huge difference in my stomach but I just want to lose overall body mass, too. I know it's not best to judge by the scale but it'd be nice to drop at 10 lbs with RI30 :)

So any suggestions for maximum weight loss as well as losing inches while doing RI30? Oh! Another question, I plan to do RI30 5 days a week but does anyone suggest a supplement of another Jillian workout such as Six Week Six Pack on a 6th day or just another form of extra cardio such as jogging?

Height 5'3"
    CW: 140
    GW: 125
  • arwerth
    arwerth Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone,
    I am a Jillian fanatic. I've done 30DS, Ripped in 30, and started the Body Revolution (I've also tried Insanity, which I didn't see results I liked, so I stopped after a month). Even though 30DS can get boring after around day 5-6, for what ever reason, I get the best results the fastest with 30DS. I stopped the Body Revolution and went back to do another round of 30DS with heavier weights (I used 3 lbs first time around, and using 5 lbs this time).

From what I can remember of Ripped in 30, Level 1 is a piece of cake compared to the other ones. It was a good work out, and I will probably try it again right after I finish this round of 30DS but skip level 1.

I've been working out consistently fr the past 2 months and even have a personal trainer that I see every other week, even with all of that, I was STILL sore after restarting Jillian's work outs!!

If anyone has any questions about any of the work outs, I'd be happy to answer any. That being said, hope it's ok that I join your challenge even though I'm doing the 30DS.

Level 1 Day 5 :)
  • Kellyreen
    Kellyreen Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was a total lazy couch potato with minimal motivation but I got up and started. I haven't gotten the Ripped in 30 yet it is in my plans though. I'm on my 15th day of 30 day shred and absolutely love it. I'm sure ripped is just as intense. She is brutal lol.
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I did the 30ds in December, and lost about 10lbs total, but the real changes came when I started ripped in 30. I'm a few days from finishing ripped in 30 and my arms are freaking BOSS looking, and my thighs/calfs make me want to wear short shorts.

So yea. This stuff works, if you put as much effort into it as Jillian expects you too!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I just started Ripped in 30 today! I definitely want to be a part of this. Having motivation will definitely keep me more accountable and keep me from quitting it or taking a bunch of rest days. Here are my stats:

SW: 228 lbs
    CW: 210 lbs
    GW: 125-135 (it just depends on how I look when I get there.)

Good luck to everyone! :smile:
  • LuckyDucky27
    Options

I think the Week 2 cardio of the plank jacks and mountain climbers was the most evil thing she could have put together. By themselves with a standing cardio? No problem. But back to back and then repeat??? Even by the last day when I did get through em, I still was cursing all the way through it.

On a side note, did anyone else feel that the workout peaked at Week 2 and then got easier? Maybe I am getting stronger but I feel like Week 3 and Week 4's workouts were a lot more doable.

Eeek reading what everyone has to say about level 2 makes me nervous/excited lol. I'm on day 2 level 1 but i'm also adding cardio when I can as well. I really wanted to do it yesterday but I was just plain exhausted. But I love hearing about everyones results!
  • sxymace
    sxymace Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    It really just depends on what you consider your weakness to be because it's a guarantee that JM will have a circuit to hammer it to death. Apparently mountain climbers was mine ;-) But after how my arms are feeling now being in Week 4, I'm excited to go back and do Week 2 again!
  • helenrs87
    Options
    interesting, I've just got insanity, not tried it yet though. I was doing RI30 to begin with so that I have a decent fitness level before i start, as I think I'd struggle otherwise. What results did you get that you didn't like? How hard did you find it compared with Jillians workouts?

On my last day of week 1 today, not looking forward to starting week 2 tomorrow hearing of all the plank cardio! :( Not lost anything yet (although I'm only a couple of lbs off my goal weight, so not too bothered) but I've noticed a big increase in my fitness levels, and the other half has commented on my tone improving.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely in! I am on Week 1 Day 4 of Ripped in 30 and could definitely use the support! I just finished 30DS last week and wanted to go right into RI30 after a weekend of rest. Week 1 is definitely tough but the only thing I struggle with so badly is running man! I have no idea why that one is so hard for me but I always have to stop for a second to catch my breath, even when I try to pace myself.

I was SO sore after the first 3 days (similar to 30DS) but it's starting to go away. I was wondering, are any of you following her meal plan or just counting calories? I've just been sticking to a 1400 calorie diet, trying to get as many fruits and veggies as possible. I was a little disappointed from the 30DS because I only lost 4 lbs, but I DID lose 1 1/2" on my waist and can now do push ups! I do notice a huge difference in my stomach but I just want to lose overall body mass, too. I know it's not best to judge by the scale but it'd be nice to drop at 10 lbs with RI30 :)

So any suggestions for maximum weight loss as well as losing inches while doing RI30? Oh! Another question, I plan to do RI30 5 days a week but does anyone suggest a supplement of another Jillian workout such as Six Week Six Pack on a 6th day or just another form of extra cardio such as jogging?

Height 5'3"
    CW: 140
    GW: 125

Hi :) just wanted to say I think we're on a similar path. I'm 5'4, 140 ish and have been okay at 125. Also shooting for 1400 a day .. And giving this workout a shot. Did L1,d1 yesterday :) I haven't looked up the meal plan but maybe it's worth looking at ?