Really?

Options

Replies

• DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Is anyone at all surprised that many responded to this post in a very defensive manner to a simple statement about content on a public forum?

Somebody p***ed in your wheaties, though i do suppose that's one way to cut calories o.O
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Seems we need to start a topic about what color shirts men should wear in public. :bigsmile:

Pink with white polka dots...HOT
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Who cares who is Hot, Hott or Hawt? Who cares what brand of shoes you prefer? Who cares what music star is your favorite? Really, that nonesense should be saved for Facebook, My Space or some or maybe even the middle school playground.

What I care about here is people's success stories, their strategies for weight loss and healthy living and maybe even some good low cal recipes.

I know it may seem like I am an "Old" (True) "Stick in the mud" (Not true), but I just think there is a time and place for everything and MFP is not the place for Hot, Hott or Hawt.

I agree.. why do people waste time with that nonsense?
  • AreneeG31
    AreneeG31 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Still wonders why that even belongs here...........

bc this is a social networking site afterall, regardless if it is geared towards weightloss. with that being said, we all need other ways to enjoy this journey of a fit lifestyle. so why not enjoy it with the friends we make here! life is so much more enjoyable that way! if its not your thing then dont utilize this side of the site, plain and simple :wink:
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Is anyone at all surprised that many responded to this post in a very defensive manner to a simple statement about content on a public forum?
    Please to answer zee qvestion...

Pray tell how your comments about Jeeps, pets, preference for curvy women, random facts about yourself, and playing the "Say the most OBVIOUS thing to the above poster" game have to do with "people's success stories, their strategies for weight loss and healthy living"? :huh:
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    that crying baby is just Freakingly scary
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    For some, being considered hot IS a success story. Whats wrong to be look good and be desired? I mean, with that logic, you probably never wear nice clothes or anything because really, who cares right?
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I am absolutely thrilled with the results of my little social experiment and thank you all for proving a point.

Have a great day and have fun.

Ooooh-hooooo-hooo! Clever move man! You got us all worked up as a part of a "social experiment"!
    Fantastic move brothah!
    Really!
    Great job!
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Hot damn I do believe I got Bingo!

Thanks OP!
  • Thomasm198
    Thomasm198 Posts: 3,189 Member
    Options
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    Friedrich Nietzsche
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    There are several different forums that I read, pertaining to Great Danes, infidelity, etc. And all of them have sections for people to talk about stuff not related to the topic. People need a place to socialize, and I don't really understand why it matters if every single thing that gets talked about on here is not weight loss or diet related?? That is after all why they have a section for it! If you don't want to chance reading something that is not weight loss related, read the post title before checking it out.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I agree.. why do people waste time with that nonsense?
    You mean like the favorite perfume, "Drop a word ....Add a word" game, "*~*When did you meet your true love?*~*", and "If he was yours, what would you call him?" threads you've participated in during the last couple of months? :huh:
  • Pixi_Rex
    Pixi_Rex Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should stay in the motivation & support and the success story forums etc. or Groups - groups are always good.

chit -chat fun and games is just that... for FUN.

You do not have to click the forum title if it bugs you. God knows there are a million topics I don't click on because A) I could give 2 craps about the subject B) I have nothing of value to add or C) everything I will say has already been said.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy, but hear me out....

It is possible to just ignore a thread. Wait now, don't walk away. Just ...give me a chance to explain.

You are on the internet. You are behind a computer. You aren't face to face with anyone. You could quite easily press the back button, completely shut down the web page, or click on another link and no one would know! O.O

You could just ignore the thread and go on with your merry way.... And if you find you just absolutely can't do that..maybe it is time to think about disconnecting for a bit.

Give it a try, I promise...it works....
  • _skittybang
    _skittybang Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Hot damn I do believe I got Bingo!

Thanks OP!

bingo.gif
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    so your saying i shouldn't start a topic called smack ,tap or pass o my whats the fun if you can't have fun
  • Rum_Runner
    Rum_Runner Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    What I care about here is people's success stories, their strategies for weight loss and healthy living and maybe even some good low cal recipes.

There are specific forums for those.

Exactly -

Chit Chat is for just that...*CHIT CHAT* *FUN* and *GAMES*
    If you don't care - stay out of this forum....nuff said
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    NO, if you've been here long enough, you probably should have expected this.
  • Feisty_Red
    Feisty_Red Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Please to answer zee qvestion...

Pray tell how your comments about Jeeps, pets, preference for curvy women, random facts about yourself, and playing the "Say the most OBVIOUS thing to the above poster" game have to do with "people's success stories, their strategies for weight loss and healthy living"? :huh:

highfives_zps0e0ec18d.gif
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Feel free to report any "TELL ME I'M HOTTT" threads that end up in the Motivation and Success stories forums as inappropriate. But this one, Chit Chat Fun& Games, where you started THIS thread, is not that serious. If you stick to the Motivation and Success Stories forums I think you'll find the content you're looking for.