Dating on MFP??

Options
Breckgirl
Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
I was wondering if MFP offered a dating posting catagorie would anyone here sign up? After all, they say it's easier to lose weight when you have someone to lose with! How about it? Any takers?

Replies

• malibootie
    malibootie Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Wow, at first thought I think that would be a phenomenal idea! Someone who knows what you are going through and you two can support each other without sabotaging the other. I would be curious if anyone would have any hesitations? I would be in!
  • LizaD
    LizaD Posts: 2
    Options
    There are 6 of us girls in this office that all signed up with MFP at the same time, we are doing a mini 'The Biggest Loser', and it REALLY works having friends that encourage you along the way. I have had a bad couple of weeks and if it was not for the girls here encouraging me I would have done the same old thing and let the weight I have lost since Christmas drift back on, but you know all it takes is a few encouraging words, and I am right back on track, lost the 2lbs I had gained back and a half a pound more. Thanks ladies, and good luck to everyone in the same boat!
  • pianoteacherevan
    pianoteacherevan Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am single... Just throwin' it out there to all the ladies in the bay area :P
  • OpalFruitJam
    OpalFruitJam Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am sure it would be possible!
    But I think the males are far, far outnumbered by females on here (maybe I am wrong?)
  • DG82
    DG82 Posts: 105
    Options
    Lol since I don't seem to be having much luck in general when it comes to the guys!!! Ugh! :-P Single and lookin here! :-) I agree though I think there are far more women on this site than men....
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    ...I agree though I think there are far more women on this site than men....

And that's a problem because...???
  • Dom_m
    Dom_m Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    So I feel like I've got better odds cause I'm a single male (29 if anyone's interested), but then I feel like I've got worse odds cause I'm in Australia.

I'm strictly talking about numbers here... no disrespect to any Aussie girls (or girls living in Aus)!!!
    :)
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    Wow, at first thought I think that would be a phenomenal idea! Someone who knows what you are going through and you two can support each other without sabotaging the other. I would be curious if anyone would have any hesitations? I would be in!

I think it would be ideal...no worrys about explaining why you're not a toothpick! LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    There are 6 of us girls in this office that all signed up with MFP at the same time, we are doing a mini 'The Biggest Loser', and it REALLY works having friends that encourage you along the way. I have had a bad couple of weeks and if it was not for the girls here encouraging me I would have done the same old thing and let the weight I have lost since Christmas drift back on, but you know all it takes is a few encouraging words, and I am right back on track, lost the 2lbs I had gained back and a half a pound more. Thanks ladies, and good luck to everyone in the same boat!
    You wouldn't be working in Kettering Ohio would you?
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I was wondering if MFP offered a dating posting catagorie would anyone here sign up? After all, they say it's easier to lose weight when you have someone to lose with! How about it? Any takers?

Probably have to change the basic format of dating. Maybe we could skip the going out to dinner and make it a more healthy endeavor?
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options

Probably have to change the basic format of dating. Maybe we could skip the going out to dinner and make it a more healthy endeavor?

If you set it up, let me know. I'll ask my wife.
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I am single... Just throwin' it out there to all the ladies in the bay area :P

See! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about! LOL thanks for putting it out there...now girls in the Bay area...
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Lol since I don't seem to be having much luck in general when it comes to the guys!!! Ugh! :-P Single and lookin here! :-) I agree though I think there are far more women on this site than men....

No way you are single cmon
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I am sure it would be possible!
    But I think the males are far, far outnumbered by females on here (maybe I am wrong?)

True, so true...but if one guy and one gal found each other , wouldn't that make it worth it? I'm a hopeless romantic.
  • Chantelle160
    Options
    I've been out of the dating seen so long I don't even know how it works anymore. lol. Don't know if online is the answer.....
  • Breckgirl
    Options

Maybe that means we have quality not quantity! LOL
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I think it is a great idea. I agree there are many more women on here but you never know...
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    Haha...most guys wont complain about being outnumbered I promise...I know that I wont...
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I think the hardest part would be finding someone that was anywhere near where you lived...:tongue:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea!

Any guys near Dallas/Fort Worth, hit me up! :drinker: