Dating on MFP??

Options

Replies

• JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that the Biggest Loser was the reality show with the most 'hook ups' that have lasted. Makes sense - they aren't dating the people for just their looks - they're falling in love with the inside while working on the outside. I think its a great idea.

ETA - I need to start remembering things...I say "I think I read somewhere" far too often. :noway:
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    hmmm this is interesting....

and you're right, you would not be dating ppl based on their looks, and you will be going thru the same things with a change of lifestyle and all.
  • sniffles
    sniffles Posts: 295
    Options
    I wonder... when you're working so hard to improve yourself is that really the right time to attempt focusing time and energy on a relationship as well?
  • ericac
    ericac Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Well let me just throw my 2 cents worth in here.....Yes it does work....I'm in the best relationship in my life and we met on here!........totally by accident....:smooched:
  • Breckgirl
    Breckgirl Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    So I feel like I've got better odds cause I'm a single male (29 if anyone's interested), but then I feel like I've got worse odds cause I'm in Australia.

I'm strictly talking about numbers here... no disrespect to any Aussie girls (or girls living in Aus)!!!
    :)

I'm sure there's women willing to move to Aussieland! LOL
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I was wondering if MFP offered a dating posting catagorie would anyone here sign up? After all, they say it's easier to lose weight when you have someone to lose with! How about it? Any takers?

Probably have to change the basic format of dating. Maybe we could skip the going out to dinner and make it a more healthy endeavor?

If you set it up, let me know. I'll ask my wife.

NOW CUT THAT OUT!!!! OMG! LOL
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    If you build it they will come.....and those who come may not be the ones we want here. Just a thought to ponder! Maybe just a singles thread would work best. There are people out there that like big people and this would be the perfect place to find us! I have done online dating and there are some serious sickos! This is a safe haven for us to support our weight loss, I don't think this would be a good mix. But I think a thread for singles would be good and you never know what connections could be made.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    Well let me just throw my 2 cents worth in here.....Yes it does work....I'm in the best relationship in my life and we met on here!........totally by accident....:smooched:

wow - That's so cool! Gives me hope :)
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    If you build it they will come.....and those who come may not be the ones we want here. Just a thought to ponder! Maybe just a singles thread would work best. There are people out there that like big people and this would be the perfect place to find us! I have done online dating and there are some serious sickos! This is a safe haven for us to support our weight loss, I don't think this would be a good mix. But I think a thread for singles would be good and you never know what connections could be made.

I was thinking of more like a catagory like, they have fitness, recipes, support...singles!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I think I read somewhere that the Biggest Loser was the reality show with the most 'hook ups' that have lasted. Makes sense - they aren't dating the people for just their looks - they're falling in love with the inside while working on the outside. I think its a great idea.

ETA - I need to start remembering things...I say "I think I read somewhere" far too often. :noway:

Never appologize for reading dearie!
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I wonder... when you're working so hard to improve yourself is that really the right time to attempt focusing time and energy on a relationship as well?

Normally I would say no but if you were doing this together it might not be as stressful because each other understands what the other is trying to achieve. And keep in mind a lot of bing eating is done because we're lonely or depressed...which would be lessened if you are in a relationship. JMHO
  • Breckgirl
    Options
    I think it's a good idea!

Any guys near Dallas/Fort Worth, hit me up! :drinker:

Guys, anyone who would wear these shoes is worth knowing...just saying!
  • pickadilly2009
    pickadilly2009 Posts: 320 Member
    Options

I was thinking of more like a catagory like, they have fitness, recipes, support...singles!

But I think if you do a catagory it may come up in a search engine and then it could really bloom into something, and not neccesarily a good something.
  • Breckgirl
    Options

I totally agree that the last thing we need to do is get a bunch of creepy, scary people on the site...OK where's my techies to tell me how we do this and not invite the unwanted?

But I think if you do a catagory it may come up in a search engine and then it could really bloom into something, and not neccesarily a good something.
  • Breckgirl
    Options

I totally agree that the last thing we need to do is get a bunch of creepy, scary people on the site...OK where's my techies to tell me how we do this and not invite the unwanted?

• roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Im single(23). In the Houston, Texas area! DFW is kinda far away from me.
    I think it would be cool to meet someone on here that you can get involved with that can help support your healthy lifestyle not hinder it. The support would be great. And I always love a girl for who she is, not what she looks like.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if MFP offered a dating posting catagorie would anyone here sign up? After all, they say it's easier to lose weight when you have someone to lose with! How about it? Any takers?

Probably have to change the basic format of dating. Maybe we could skip the going out to dinner and make it a more healthy endeavor?

If you set it up, let me know. I'll ask my wife.
    :tongue:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'm single myself also...21, Central Florida...would sure be nice to find a healthy relationship, mentally, emotionally and physically! I've dated several guys, most of them overweight, one of them a pot smoker that ate fried food and unhealthy crap, raided my fridge for munchies, etc. I only dated one guy who was fit and healthy, and only because the military forced him too, and he took it too far, 3+ hours of exercise a day was his usual, and he generally preferred to exercise than to make time to spend with me. I'd like to find someone living a healthy life, with goals to take care of themselves and their life. I've been a healthy weight all my life, but with unhealthy food choices, and I'm turning that around, it would be refreshing to find others like me.
  • roylawrence87
    roylawrence87 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Any takers? No?... Okay. Your loss.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good idea!

Any guys near Dallas/Fort Worth, hit me up! :drinker:

Guys, anyone who would wear these shoes is worth knowing...just saying!

Yeah, she's right! :drinker: