What I passed up today...

Options
123457»

Replies

• 30PoundsToDonate
    Options
    Pizza. Not even good pizza, but the frozen kind with sauce that tastes like ketchup.
  • whateverfloats
    Options
    This thread is just self torture! Ha.
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Ooh, good idea. Give us a place to reward ourselves by bragging.

Today I passed up:
    - 3 candy dishes at the office
    - Leftover cake from somebody's goodbye party yesterday
    - Yummy looking dinner rolls somebody left in the break room.

Since yesterday was harder:
    - I passed up the goodbye cake during the party.
    - Somebody brought it some very yummy looking (and apparently homemade) pastries that looked like puff pastry wrapped around blueberries. Considering the season, I'd bet somebody made them to use up the blueberries they picked here locally. That was a tough one to pass.

Oh yeah, I've also been passing up the coffee (I quit last week because it affects my sleep and therefore everything else in my life). And somebody brought in some of those flavored creamers that I love so much.

Wow, I do feel better. Thank you for starting this thread. I needed that.
  • lilyann001
    lilyann001 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My friend offered fudge oreos. I was hungry and craving food, but I still said "no!" :smiley:
  • ChildrenCryinNCoffee
    Options
    I never pass up anything, I make it work. I indulge, I don't OVER indulge.

That being said, I planned on having PB Banana "Ice Cream" tonight, but was too lazy to actually make it, so I opted for Coffee & Cookies instead.
  • bybyadipocytes
    bybyadipocytes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    passed up a 3rd glass of wine
  • 1stplace4health
    1stplace4health Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    reese's peanut butter cup.....best part, no craving!
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    felcandy wrote: »
    I work at a bakery. Every day is a giant PASS-UP

You poor poor girl! I was a prolific amateur baker before calorie counting, I still do almond flour stuff sometimes. But god that must be hard!
  • misswhitney1
    misswhitney1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I knew I was going out for a totally-worth-indulging dinner tonight, so I passed up on:
    - Two different candy jars in the office
    - Stopping for a soy latte on the way to work
    - Thai food that was ordered for a lunch meeting (I ate my homemade chicken soup instead)
    - Adding white rice from the thai food to aforementioned soup, even though I wanted to
    - Snacking more when we had to push our dinner date back half an hour - holy crap, I was hungry.
    - AND I *tried* to make some healthy choices at the restaurant - squash soup, fish (instead of risotto) and only 1/2 portion of dessert.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    salted caramel cronuts...
  • raysputin
    raysputin Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Today I bought jelly beans, soft jubes, chocolate, biscuits, marshmallows, condensed milk, unsalted butter to make a caramello slice and home made rocky road for a childrens' birthday party - didn't have one piece of any of it. Perhaps I have turned into a food-masochist.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    2013 THREAD
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Even if it is an old thread, it is still a fun exercise and I can see where it could continue to motivate readers or support us for the little things we do every day.

I have two boys who are both underweight and on high calorie diets, so everyday is a "pass-up" day for me, lol. My boys eat a lot of cheese, peanut butter, butter, muffins, grains and some other calorie-dense foods. I also don't shy away from treats for them at the end of the day if they've reached their other nutritional goals, so there's that shelf to pass up too, lol. Definitely not looking forward to Halloween.....
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    A flapjack, but that's because I have already eaten five Rolo cookies