You logged what as exercise?

Options

Replies

• kiwiwizard
    kiwiwizard Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Working at McDonald's would actually burn some serious calories. Fast paced job, on your feet, constantly running from one end of the place to the other, possibly lifting heavy boxes, etc.

As for the rest....it'd have to be a damn good orgasm before I could count it as having burned anything.

Excellentt!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

GO EAT. KEEP IT DOWN. YOU WILL STOP FEELING SO WHINY.

Wow ! This person has a serious problem, and you attack her for it because you are a little annoyed by a thread she posted but did not force you to read? You had to get personal?
    That is extremely cold-blooded, in my opinion.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

Wow ! This person has a serious problem, and you attack her for it because you are a little annoyed by a thread she posted but did not force you to read? You had to get personal?

More annoyed than cold-blooded. I did not have to read this thread - I did because it is on a board that I frequent. I read most every thread here. Call it me not having a life. And had she asked for help, she would have gotten my encouraging support. I've experience in the world of loved ones and ED's and have several friends on my friends list with ED's.

The difference is that they are in recovery and not bashing other people for their choices. Had the OP kept her judgement about what others log (when she herself vomits up her food as a way to cut calories), I would not have responded with such vitriol.
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    gotta agree with sex.
    that ****s a workout
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I log sex for sure! It is definitely a workout and not a daily activity...usually ;)

Mine is worked into my activity level because it IS a daily activity.

As to the OP, it doesn't really matter how you do it as long as you only count the calories once. If I set mine to lightly active and then log the calories from cleaning the toilet I'm probably fooling myself. But if I'm on sedentary there's more leeway to log calories burned. Personally I only log them if I did something pretty hardcore, but if it's working for others then more power to them.
  • GiddyupTim
    Options
    *looks at OP's profile*

*Facepalms*

More annoyed than cold-blooded. I did not have to read this thread - I did because it is on a board that I frequent. I read most every thread here. Call it me not having a life. And had she asked for help, she would have gotten my encouraging support. I've experience in the world of loved ones and ED's and have several friends on my friends list with ED's.

The difference is that they are in recovery and not bashing other people for their choices. Had the OP kept her judgement about what others log (when she herself vomits up her food as a way to cut calories), I would not have responded with such vitriol.

I guess we touched a nerve, didn't we? You accused her of whining, but I think you are over-reacting, just a little bit. She did not directly or openly condemn anyone. I read her post as a question. She asked: What do you think of this?
    I still think it is never excusable to criticize someone for having a serious health problem on this site. We're all here because we are not perfect and have troubles.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I log sex. It's so often, you know.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    I guess we touched a nerve, didn't we? You accused her of whining, but I think you are over-reacting, just a little bit. She did not directly or openly condemn anyone. I read her post as a question. She asked: What do you think of this?
    I still think it is never excusable to criticize someone for having a serious health problem on this site. We're all here because we are not perfect and have troubles.

I suppose you did touch a nerve. It might be the same one that apparently touched you, causing you to leap out of the internet ether and admonish me.

Touchy people, the both of us, it seems.I know enough about those who have ED's to know that this should be a site of positivity and health - not a gathering place for people intent on destroying themselves.

It is perfectly excusable to criticize someone who is actively and willfully destroying their body and their mind. Perhaps you are okay with taking nutrition advice from someone who throws up her food - and furthermore letting OTHERS take nutrition advice from someone who vomits up their food.

I am not.
  • GiddyupTim
    Options
    Then say that. Don't get personal.
  • quirkytizzy
    Options
    Then say that. Don't get personal.

Her profile combined with this post of hers on the first page:
    Wow, Guess i didn't expect to get so much hate. Should have figured, can't ask a question with out being made to feel like an idiot. Back to the hole I crawled out of. Should have known i'm not allowed to have an opinion.

was nothing short of a moody-teenage-temper tantrum. I do not apologize for my post. That post of hers was exactly what kicked out my annoyance.

Hm. I just realized we have been talking about someone else for several minutes now. I may be a cold-blooded *****, but so much attention on someone who isn't part of the conversation feels like gossiping. Have you something personal, related to me, we could fuss about?

(That probably sounds snarky. I honestly don't mean that last part snarky.)
  • libbymcbain
    libbymcbain Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Wow, Guess i didn't expect to get so much hate. Should have figured, can't ask a question with out being made to feel like an idiot. Back to the hole I crawled out of. Should have known i'm not allowed to have an opinion.

Maybe it's good to remember that if you send negativity out, you can tend to get negativity back. You can have an opinion- but so can everyone else.
  • Working at McDonald's would actually burn some serious calories. Fast paced job, on your feet, constantly running from one end of the place to the other, possibly lifting heavy boxes, etc.

As for the rest....it'd have to be a damn good orgasm before I could count it as having burned anything.

I worked at KFC and was on my feet for 8-10 hours at a time constantly moving. Should have lost heaps of weight except those damn chips smell so nice. Whatever calories I burnt working I surely ate back in chips. A month after I quit I lost 8kg

I log my Zumba class and HIIT session and 1x 5km walk a week, Strength training (I log under strength just to keep record of what I do), housework, sex, mowing lawn and other walks (I walk kids to school) is all in my TDEE
  • Dakryn
    Dakryn Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I put cleaning down because its usually the one day a week I scrub walls, do floors by hand, clean tub sand so forth, but even if I spend all day, I'll mark it down as only a hour, if anyone has scrubbed walls for an hour, it's tough work....but that's the only odd one and I only use it on that one day....I did see that someone put down sleeping, lol
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I've logged cleaning a couple times because
    1) it gave me a massive athsma attack
    2) my apartment is borderline hoarders and if it gets me to clean, okay!
    I won't do it on a regular basis.

I used to work in retail and used a pedometer because I'm much less active and sit on my butt normally but in my job I spent most of my day walking around... it was more or less like waiting tables.
  • loudgls89
    loudgls89 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    What difference does it make to you? This site is set up to be personalized, and if someone wants to log "staring at the wall" as exercise, that's their business. If you don't like it, simply hit the delete button...it's really easy. Then you can log "4 minutes of deleting friends because I don't like their exercises" under your Cardio for the day :)

Love it!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I wonder if they wear a HRM while masturbating?

Once I had to wear a heart holter monitor thingy (dr wanted to monitor my heart for possible problems)

Well, I thought it would be fun to wear while my husband and I 'made love'.... Then the doctor mentioned a big spike at 10PM and I suddenly got embarrassed and bet he knew exactly why and I felt dumb for wearing the device during sex.

I bet you wouldn't be the first!

I've considered wearing a HRM during sex simply for curiosity's sake, but then I thought it might ruin the mood a bit if I kept looking at my watch during the act. However, I wouldn't have counted it on MFP - just icing on the cake :smile:
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I log sex for sure! It is definitely a workout and not a daily activity...usually ;)

My husband teases me and tries to convince me to log sex. I am embarrassed to know that my parents know I have sex. And I am 41 and been married 21 years .

Admittedly, I'm embarrassed about that, too. Given that we have one child and that I'm expecting another, I guess they know we've figured that part out by now (we've been married for 6.5 years).
  • LassoOfTruth
    LassoOfTruth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I don't log that stuff, but I can see why others might. I just think of it as extra calorie loss. But, some of the stuff (washing dishes, working, cleaning) I just don't understand. But, hey... I'm sure I'm not perfect either.
  • hkmurphy83
    hkmurphy83 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I put my HRM on one morning to see what I burn when doing vigorous cleaning for several hours. BUT that day I only logged half those calories and have never tracked/logged them since. I figured housework didn't keep me thin before so I wasn't going to start counting it. The only activities I track are when I go for walks with my dog (I absolutely love her and got her after I started trying to lose weight) and when I do workout videos. Every day walking and taking stairs at work, I don't count.
  • triathlete5301
    triathlete5301 Posts: 182 Member
    Options

agreed :laugh: