Foods/drinks you should never eat or drink.

Options
Research shows that a majority of people are eating and drinking these foods that they have been marked healthy, well that is not true.

Here are the 5 main foods and drinks that you should never eat or drink and the fat will just drop off naturally.

1. Concentrated Orange Juice- you know how they say, "You should start your day off with a nice large glass of Orange juice, well the truth is it's probably one of the worst things you can do to your body. Most concentrated fruit juices can cause problems around the waistline. These include concentrated juices like Orange, Cranberry, Apple and other concentrated juices. Isn't fruit good for you? I knew the problem wasn't the fruit, so i discovered how the fruits are concentrated into juice. You see many companies remove the fibre and other nutritious elements out of the fruit during the "concentration" process. The fibre in fruit usually reduces the spike in blood sugar. With the fibre taken out, you are essentially left with sugar water. When your blood sugar is too high it puts your body into fat storing mode. Essentially telling your body to store anything you eat as fat. Most concentrated fruit juices have just as much or even more sugar than soda. http://dsc.discovery.com/life/sodas-evil-twin-the-dangers-of-fruit-drinks-infographic.html

Contrary to what commercials tell you, starting your day with a big glass of concentrated juice is a really bad decision! Excess sugar is probably the numbe one thing to be careful of. Its not just concentrated juice you have to worry about. a lot of processed foods have excess sugar in them.
- high fructose corn syrup
- Dextran
- Dextrose
-Fruit Juice concentrate

Not only does it cause weight gain, but high blood sugar for a prolonged period of time can also lead to Hyperglycemia and Diabetes. Especially type 2 Diabetes which many studies indicate is closely associated with weight gain.

2. Margarine- (5g of Trans fats) Ingesting these trans fats can increase the risk of Cardiovascular disease as well as weight gain. Cardiovascular disease is on the rise with heart disease being the number one killer in America. So it's a DOUBLE WHAMMY om your body! It can cause you to gain weight, wioe out your good cholestrerol and increasing your bad cholesterol by building up plaque in you arteries. chose healthier options such as Butter . Butter has fat in it too, but its a saturated fat that your body can burn for fuel instead of building up plaque in your arteries, like trans fats can do. You'll start eating foods that dont wreak havoc on your hormones, arteries or blood sugar levels. Your body will immediately thank you as it sheds inches and melts the extra pounds away.

3. Whole wheat bread- Its not just whole wheat bread either. It's other breads, pastas and other "comfort foods" that all add up to making it very hard to get lean and healthy. Comfort foods are usually those "high carb" meals we all love. Many comfort foods include Apple Pie, Cakes, Muffins, Pasta and Pizza. If you're like me, you love those foods and you don't want to give them up. Well asit turns out you dont have to. You see there are 2 kinds of "low carbs" which are your greens, most veggies and some fruits, and then there are you high carbs. Things like pasta, bread, sweets and even beer and wine. when you eat these by themselves they can cause you to gain weight. Eating high carb meals tend to elevate the blood sugar levels basically by telling your body to store eveything you eat as fat. By combining the right ratio of carbs and proteins, it causes your body to burn fat rather than store it. Cortisol is another hormone that can cause that sweet tooth for these "comfort foods". Cortisol is a hormone produced by your adrenal glands, in response to deal with stressfull situations.This is the body's way of ramping up the adrenaline levels to move your body out of harms way. Its' what gives you that extra boost of energy that helps in an emergency situation like running out of a burning building.

4. Soy Products- you may wonder how Soy products are no good for us, well it all comes down to processing, Many soy products are highly proccessed and 91% of soy grown are genetically modified. There's also research from a recent study that shows that unnatural or processed soy has a direct connection to infertility and reproductive problemsas well as being linked to an increase of allergies. Soy product can lead to other diseases sich as Breast cancer, Thyroid disorder, Kidney stones, immune system inpairment and severe or potentially fatal food allergies. What happens during the "processing" of soybeans is that, many of the vital nutrients and minerals are "stripped out" and as much as 90% of the Phytonutrient content is lost during the process. Phytonutrients are the disease fighting mdicines found in foods. When you eat these processed foods, your body doesnt get the nutrients it needs for helath and well being. It can cause weight gain or even more serious health problems by throeing your hormones out of balance. another such hormone is Grehlin. The mor Grehlin your body produces the more your apetite and hunger cravings increase. When your food doesnt contain the enzymes and nutrients your body needs Grehlin can be turned on and cause you to think your hungry when your not. Grehlin is the hormone responsible for those late night frenzies. Its why you can eat a big meal and feel hungry 30 minutes later.

Replies

• Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Good to know. I don't consume any of these products.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    What's #5?
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Foods/drinks that you should never consume: anything you really don't want to. Life is too short to eat things you don't like or worry if your glass of orange juice is going to kill you.
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Meh.

The only thing I agree with is Soy, because that is scientifically proven to alter hormones in the body IF consumed in high amounts, which you could be getting tons of if you eat a lot of fast food and processed junk.

Otherwise, those things in moderation won't kill me.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    isn't tropicana orange juice not from concentrate?

i like margarine better than butter. i never thought it was healthy. i'll eat it anyway once in a while because i like it.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Number five must be a doozy because I don't eat 1-4 and I'm still working on that fat magically dropping off!
  • Sandytoes71
    Sandytoes71 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I thought Whole Grain was a good carb ??? If not then what grain is?
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    I just watched that video about a week ago!! I was so stunned! The stuff about big companies genetically modifying our food makes me sick to my stomach...all the more reason to eat good, natural foods.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Whole GRAIN is fine. Whole WHEAT..whole different story.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    And yet I've managed to lose weight eating smwhole wheat pasta and bread and soy milk everyday.....
    I'll agree with anything that contains trans fats aka partially hydrogenated oils as that is toxic, but you'll end up eating it because it's in alot of stuff.
  • AmberFaith90
    AmberFaith90 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    I'll continue eating my whole wheat/whole grain breads. Thanks, though.
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    No whole wheat bread? I agree too many carbs is trouble, but aren't whole wheat choices what we should have? Whole wheat pasta, brown rice? Oatmeal? Etc?
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Im going to continue to enjoy orange juice...100% juice...in moderation. And bread and pasta. And occasionally soy products. And probably whatever else anyone tells me never to eat. You can eat what you like, and best of luck to you. I'll be over here with my orange sauce chicken and edamame on whole wheat pasta, smiling.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I just came into this thread to say don't drink concentrated sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.

Also, never eat sodium cyanide or peroxides.
  • 2horsestoride
    2horsestoride Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I just came into this thread to say don't drink concentrated sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.

Also, never eat sodium cyanide or peroxides.

Dang it. Those are on my best bedtime snack list.
  • kas1025
    kas1025 Posts: 26
    Options
    Bread is bread, white or whole grain/wheat. Whole grain is better to eat then white bread, more fiber. Eat what you want just know how much you eat of it. I don't listen to 100% of what others say I should/shouldn't eat. I still eat a pizza or a burger but only once or twice a month. Do what you feel is right for you.
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I'll continue eating my whole wheat/whole grain breads. Thanks, though.

I second this!!
  • mybiketrip
    Options
    Hmm. I'm only guilty of one, and in moderation. I think I'll be fine.
  • shanoot
    shanoot Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Is juicing still okay? I make my own orange and apple juice.
  • kas1025
    kas1025 Posts: 26
    Options
    Is juicing still okay? I make my own orange and apple juice.

Making your own juice is the best way to go...It's straight from the juice...Just don't add anything else to it.