Foods/drinks you should never eat or drink.

Options

Replies

• LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Also, never eat sodium cyanide
    It's fine without all the sodium though.
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    If I want to eliminate whole wheat from my diet, what can I use to replace whole wheat lasagne noodles instead of vegetables? I don't want to make an eggplant lasagne....
  • Rurouni_Kou
    Rurouni_Kou Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You all are wrong. Number 5 is Dihydrogen Monoxide.
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options

This is so true! Did you know that they use it in nuclear reactors? Inhaling that stuff can kill you, too!!!!
  • enigmaneo
    enigmaneo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    There are plenty of Margarine brands without trans-fats.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I drank a glass of orange juice and ate wheat toast with margarine (my mom was big on the I cant believe its not butter lol) all the time for breakfast when I was a little kid and I was FAR from fat or unhealthy. None of those things are BAD for you unless you eat them in excess. I think it's silly to completely cut ANYTHING out of your diet unless you're allergic to it. Everything in moderation and you'll be fine lol.

But the OP says that even if you were "marked healthy" while eating those foods, it's untrue. So you were an unhealthy child, sorry. It's a fact :tongue:
  • belgerian
    belgerian Posts: 1,059 Member
    Options
    My first thought was Fast food anything, of course anything in moderation will not make you fat.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    What's #5?

I was wondering the same thing! :happy:
  • Meg_Shirley_86
    Meg_Shirley_86 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    http://www.cracked.com/article_19433_the-6-most-horrifying-lies-food-industry-feeding-you.html

True, backed by research, and horrifying enough to keep me away from those foods before I was concerned about health.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options

This is so true! Did you know that they use it in nuclear reactors? Inhaling that stuff can kill you, too!!!!

My bathroom was full of that when I got out of the shower this morning. I barely made it out alive!
  • Dawnymaries
    Options
    You people are funny.:P

But, seriously...

What about non-hydrogenated margarine? They recommend that heart attack patients eat NO butter and no hard margarine, only soft, non-hydrogenated margarine which is free of trans fat.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    No, dihydrogen monoxide is number 1! Ask any little kid. :tongue:
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    Coors Light
    OE 800
    Mickeys
    Icehouse
    Red Dog
    Busch Light
    Malort
  • stines72
    stines72 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    can we add cyanide and windex to the list?
  • DeathIsMyGift
    DeathIsMyGift Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Now I remember why I don't come to the forums.

Keep it classy MFP :drinker:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Wow! If only I had known! You saved my life, OP! :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I just came into this thread to say don't drink concentrated sulfuric acid or hydrochloric acid.

Also, never eat sodium cyanide or peroxides.

But what about N-methyl-1-phenylpropan-2-amine? (I work part-time as a mule, so I throw it back up again. That's fine, right?)
  • lucypeaks
    lucypeaks Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    i don't think a measured serving of regualr pasta once or twice a week is going to make a huge difference....neither is my wholemeal toast and marge....as always,EVERYTHING IN MODERATION :) and check your portion sizes (that was my main problem!)
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,122 Member
    Options
    There nothing for me to say that hasn't been said.

Except: If you don't eat my way, then you're wrong. Simple as that.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    These types of articles drive me crazy. I really think people over rate such things such as 'stay away from carbs'. I mean come on!!
    By the way - whole wheat AND whole grain are just fine as long as you are actually getting the 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat. If you look on the bag/package/box - there should be a little postage size stamp that is typically yellow or black. IF it says whole grain or whole wheat then its not 100% ... .BUT... if it has 100% whole grain or 100% whole wheat then you are actually eating 100%. If the label on the package says 100% dont believe it UNTIL you find that little stamp that actually says 100% on it.
    I eat 100% whole grains or wheat every day..... and i also ate them while trying to lose 100 pounds and did just fine. As long as you arent bothered by Gluten you can eat wheat.

has ANYONE seen this postage size label that i am talking about? If not you should be looking for it!