embracing bigger boobs??

Options

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    There are perfectly beautiful minimizer bras out there. That can help a lot. But you'd be surprised how many women love to complain about large breasts because it gets them even more attention. ;)

I don't want to get all holier than thou as a breast cancer survivor, but "boob" is so demeaning. Breasts. Just say it. It's not so bad.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I shop around until I find what I want in a size or style that fits. I have tailored some things in at the waist to give more shape, but I definitely don't wear the all-over hanging sack look just to fit the breasts (32F) because I feel it is not flattering at all and makes me look 5 sizes bigger...or worse...pregnant.

You can still dress them professionally without hiding them into an apologetic sack. Breasts are breasts. Big breasts deserve to be out there just as much as their perky cousins.
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    As a 30 F, I seriously suggest shock absorber sports bras that are made for DD+. They come in bra sizes, and are seriously supportive. I can run comfortably in them.

Skip VS, they try to shove my lovelies into a size 38C, and tell me it fits perfect even though my boobs are falling out of the bottom. My favorite bras are from wacoal and chantelle.

As for dresses, I like things that are very structured and tailored. Anything drapey looks terrible on me, I need shape. I also wear body con dresses. If you're confident, these can look awesome. And yeah, getting things tailored is necessary sometimes.
  • charlenelockhart3
    Options
    I dont find i have any trouble at all with mine, Im a 38DD and to be honest if anything i'd like them bigger. I have always suffered with confidence issues because of my weight but my boobs have been my saviour. They are my favourite asset and as long as they are on display to a certain extent i feel comfortable. I do always need to wear a good sports bra though as I do energetic dance and they can ache for days after if i haven't worn a good bra xx
  • ACepero79
    ACepero79 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    There are perfectly beautiful minimizer bras out there. That can help a lot. But you'd be surprised how many women love to complain about large breasts because it gets them even more attention. ;)

I don't want to get all holier than thou as a breast cancer survivor, but "boob" is so demeaning. Breasts. Just say it. It's not so bad.

Ironically, my wife hates when I say breasts. She prefers boobs.
  • JacquiDawn
    Options
    I'd try to ignore the size on the label. I'd rather buy a size 12 dress and be comfortable in it, than buy a size 8 or 10 and be squeezed into it, feeling like I'm having to constantly breathe in and not feel confident in it.

Why not cut out the label?
  • LexLyric
    LexLyric Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love dresses and not so much skirts

the real thing here is, I can find dresses that fit because I don't like fitted dresses, so it's just an A-line style that fits my boobs snugly and then kinda loose everywhere else and that looks fine. It's just having to buy a bigger size, for me the double digit size really bothers me, so the fact that I usually have to buy a 10 or sometimes a 12 really gets me to the point that I don't even want to try on dresses, and if I pick it out and it doesn't fit in the 8 or lower I don't bother trying it on in a bigger size and just give up on it.
    Anyone else struggle with this JUST size issue? not fit or anything, just having the label

If you really love A line dresses I recommend fashion belts. I have larger boobs and like you I love dresses, so as a result I have dozens and dozens of fashion belts. Not only are they a great accessory but its almost like expanding your wardrobe. Dresses and belts are great when losing weight because they adjust easily and you can wear them longer :)
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32G and as such I can feel your pain! (I have a 30 inch waist, but 40" hips as well so I get the whole hour glass issue of neither pants nor tops being flattering in some cases.)

But the tricks that I have found are these:

1) Invest in good bras. They're expensive but they're necessary, a well fitted underwire that is actually your size makes you go from having a "shelf" to having 2 distinct breasts. It's a subtle different but a necessary one.

2) Avoid tops (and dresses) that create the "shelf effect" or the "uniboob" In general V-necks, cowl necks and scoop necks are all flattering on big chested women. Turtle necks make us looks ridiculous. Button up shirts can be a HUGE challenge as well, I tend to avoid them if I can, they make me feel frumpy and gape awkwardly when they're the right size everywhere else.

3) Belts are your friend. you can accent your waist in something that is a little too big by tossing a belt over it.

4) Cardigans. A fitted tshirt or camisole underneath a cardigan is a great look. Cardigans tend to be v-necked (with deep "v"s) and they cling more around your waist while letting your girls have a bit more leeway. They can work very nicely over dresses as well as pants and a top so they're great for office wear.

5) NEVER buy tops or dresses with lines that are supposed to designate where your breasts are supposed to end. They look ridiculous when those lines end up in the middle of your chest.

Find the styles that work well and I'm betting you'll find that the sizes correspond. :) Even with my measurements I am now in medium sized tops for the most part!
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    Options
    I treat my size tags like I treat my scale...it's just a number. Shop for fit... Then cut the tags out :-p
  • notreallytrillian
    notreallytrillian Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    As a member of the IBTC, I have to tell you - the grass is always greener. Embrace those babies and be pround of them - they will get you a lot of free drinks! Don't let the sizes get you down. If you have a great bra fitter then I'm sure that she can recommend a great tailor!
  • bananapancakebella
    Options

Ironically, my wife hates when I say breasts. She prefers boobs.

Breasts make me think of poultry.
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I lost all mine (boobs) through nursing babies and weight loss so wish I had the same problem! Looking like I am going to have to buy them back! Bwahaha I wanted to say, though, don't get wrapped up in clothing sizes. Sizes in the US are FAR from consistent and I am sure that is the case worldwide. During my journey I have gone through several sizes and have noted with tremendous interest that the same size pant can vary GREATLY. One time I purchased eight pairs of pants from different makers (consignment shop) and one pair was so large they fell off while buttoned and one pair was so tight I could not even button them!! Skirts and dresses fit totally differently so I often weare different sizes in pants, skirts, and dresses... So, don't stress about the number on the label. Go by fit. If you have properly fitted clothing, you WILL feel much better because you will know you look nice! Best of Luck! :happy:
  • newjourney2015
    newjourney2015 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I guess my only gripe is that at 6 ft with such large knockers, I look like a skank in a lot of things that look "cute" on smaller chested and more petite girls. But it's kind of a draw because long legs and giant bazoomas make you look AWESOME naked :wink: .
    [/quote]

^^^^^^^^^^^You crack me up!! And yes - this, this, this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I am 5'10 with 36D.

The hardest thing for me is bathing suits. The girls are not up where they used to be when I was in my 20's so I need a little extra support and I can never find bikini tops big enough. I have ordered from Venus.com and theirs are pretty good but I can't try them on first. Forget department store bikini tops!

As far as tops go, I hate it when a top fits my boobs but then makes me look pregant b/c its too big everywhere else. And sorry (other poster) I refuse to buy my clothes in the maternity section. There's just some stigma that scares me into thinking I'll jinx myself and get pregnant! NO! NO! NO!
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    well you said it yourself! money isn't an issue! so buy the size to fit your boobs and get the rest tailored to a single digit number... and Embrace Bigger Boobs!

Yeah but then the label still says the size and that's what bothers me.
  • erinpooh
    Options
    I went from a respectable 32 C/D before the birth of my first child to a 32B afterwards. So I did what any self-respecting Texan does: I went to a surgeon and had restored what nature and child birth had torn asunder! I am now a 32F and have been as big as 32 G/H when I was at my heaviest.

I am used to clothes not fitting me, since I'm 6'1". I make a lot of my clothes and have for a while. I love being busty now. Making sure you're wearing the right size bra is key. Don't get fitted at Victoria's Secret.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mgje0ozYFU1rup6mao1_400.jpg
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    well you said it yourself! money isn't an issue! so buy the size to fit your boobs and get the rest tailored to a single digit number... and Embrace Bigger Boobs!

Yeah but then the label still says the size and that's what bothers me.

You're just going to have to suck it up and get over that and shop for fit. If you have to size up in a shirt for it to fit your breasts, get it tailored to fit the rest of you as well, then it will no longer be the 'label size'. Unless you want to take some eyes out popping buttons off your chest, there's no reason to squeeze your titties into too-small clothing that looks bad.
  • _DaniD_
    _DaniD_ Posts: 2,186 Member
    Options
    They look small..
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I've run into this a fair bit. I matured very early, I was a C cup by the time I was 12, then grew into a D, and I'm heading into DD territory as time goes by. I hated having to buy larger sizes in clothes, I feel and always felt "big" because of having to buy mediums and larges, even when I'm not really large anywhere else. It's something you just have to adjust to. I envy girls that buy smalls and fit into them perfectly, but, such is life. :)
  • LittleMiss_WillLoseIt
    LittleMiss_WillLoseIt Posts: 1,373 Member
    Options
    There's something that someone will always complain about...but big boobs?!? C'mon there are plenty of women that would love to have more boobage. Deal with it.....

I definitely won't complain about mine....I love them so...:)