embracing bigger boobs??

Options

Replies

• MGSR
    MGSR Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue with dresses, in English sizes my chest is a 12, waist is a 6 and bottoms are 10 :/
    Stretchy tops are great, and I've gotten quite good at taking things in! and belts around the waist are great :)
    High waisted skirts are great for tucking bigger tops into them :)
  • MGSR
    MGSR Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Also, on the subject of bra measurements, someone gave me this link which is much more accurate for me than any other calculator!
    http://www.atlastravel.nazwa.pl/mini/ (strange link, but its good!)
  • johnny059qn
    johnny059qn Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Disappointed with the direction of this thread...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i hate minimizers.. embrace your boobs. if you got em flaunt em. people pay good money for them :laugh: besides that, those bras always look like old lady grandmama bras and i see no reason for me to wear something that looks that frumpy on purpose even if i am the only one who's going to have to look at it

as for button down shirts, the store NY&co does a fantastic job of making button downs that fit the girls and that aren't overly boxy in the shoulders and waist.

also having good posture is important because with larger boobs you can end up with back and shoulder pain. i grew up on the large size. by the time i graduated high school i was 30JJ, and the rest of me was a size 4/6, yet i never had back pain, shoulder pain etc because i had good posture and didnt slump like many women i see with larger breasts.
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it gets irritating when shirts don't fit over the boobs...but overall, I haven't had many problems. I just can't really wear button down shirts cuz I refuse to get HUGE sizes just so they'll button over the boobs.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i wish i had your problems. For me it's the opposite. Everything that fits me expects me to have some more up top. :(
  • stonel94
    stonel94 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I dont find i have any trouble at all with mine, Im a 38DD and to be honest if anything i'd like them bigger. I have always suffered with confidence issues because of my weight but my boobs have been my saviour. They are my favourite asset and as long as they are on display to a certain extent i feel comfortable. I do always need to wear a good sports bra though as I do energetic dance and they can ache for days after if i haven't worn a good bra xx

That might have something to do with the fact that you're a 38, a 38 DD is more portional than a 32 or a 34 and so the rest of your body probably matches pretty well. For me it's like a 3-4 size size difference between top and bottom
  • stonel94
    Options
    Also, on the subject of bra measurements, someone gave me this link which is much more accurate for me than any other calculator!

Don't use a calculator, they like way overestimate, it tells me I'm a GG or something like that. No matter what bra size you should go get a bra fitting because it makes a big difference
  • Nighttimeninja
    Options
    38 G here, I go to Cacique.com to get my bras. I'm lucky enough to have a store near and went and got fitted first. Right bra will make all the difference. I've lost 20 lbs over the last year but none of it was in my breasts, I avoid button down shirts for now, but will rock some cleavage in Vneck allll day long LOL
  • stonel94
    Options
    I don't want to get all holier than thou as a breast cancer survivor, but "boob" is so demeaning. Breasts. Just say it. It's not so bad.

"boob" is not demeaning, it's another word for a body part, that's like saying "pinky" is demeaning for "little toe". It's not like people are afraid to say breast, but boob sounds more fun and is just easier to say, the literal phonetic sounds are easier to say.
    Everyone is going to get offended by the stupidest things, if I had my pinky toe removed and then went around saying no you must call it little toe because that is demeaning because it sounds more fun and less serious, I would get some seriously weird looks. everyone needs to chill, say what you want, let others say what they want, unless it's used in malice why do you give a F**k. That goes for all these forums, I was asking a question for support, not everyone telling me don't "complain" to get attention, and you need to get confidence, I have plenty of confidence, The question was "anyone else have this problem" not "everyone please judge me for asking a question".
    And as for oh don't complain people pay good money for them, well then people saying that that have small boobs, don't complain because people go through legitimate medical problems and then serious medical surgery, and lots of money too, to get small boobs.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I have this problem also a DD.. Sadly I actually hoped they would go down in size when I lost weight. They didn't :(. Finding clothes that fit is hard and I cannot under any circumstances wear a super high cut shirt like a turtle neck because then I get uniboob going on but if the shirt is low cut I have too much cleavage and embarass my teenagers lol. I wear a good minimizer bra by Lilyette at Kohls. It does wonders for me. I can actually wear size medium shirts when its on.
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options

Don't use a calculator, they like way overestimate, it tells me I'm a GG or something like that. No matter what bra size you should go get a bra fitting because it makes a big difference

For me, this calculator under-measured me by about a cup. But it was in the right neighborhood I would say. But I might just be proportionally a little strange, getting fitted I tend to need to go up a cup or 2 more than you would guess based on my measurements. But it is a very good starting point.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    i hate minimizers.. embrace your boobs. if you got em flaunt em. people pay good money for them :laugh: besides that, those bras always look like old lady grandmama bras and i see no reason for me to wear something that looks that frumpy on purpose even if i am the only one who's going to have to look at it

as for button down shirts, the store NY&co does a fantastic job of making button downs that fit the girls and that aren't overly boxy in the shoulders and waist.

also having good posture is important because with larger boobs you can end up with back and shoulder pain. i grew up on the large size. by the time i graduated high school i was 30JJ, and the rest of me was a size 4/6, yet i never had back pain, shoulder pain etc because i had good posture and didnt slump like many women i see with larger breasts.

While I agree with you to a point, some of us dont want our teenage sons friends staring at our boobs (this is why I bought a minimizer haha). There IS a time and place for minimizers and a time and place for flaunting.. I do both lol.
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    I dont find i have any trouble at all with mine, Im a 38DD and to be honest if anything i'd like them bigger. I have always suffered with confidence issues because of my weight but my boobs have been my saviour. They are my favourite asset and as long as they are on display to a certain extent i feel comfortable. I do always need to wear a good sports bra though as I do energetic dance and they can ache for days after if i haven't worn a good bra xx

That might have something to do with the fact that you're a 38, a 38 DD is more portional than a 32 or a 34 and so the rest of your body probably matches pretty well. For me it's like a 3-4 size size difference between top and bottom

as I said before, I am a 32F, and in all honesty I probably now need a 30FF/G but 32F's are tricky to source at the best of times in Australia, let alone a 30 band. My waist now measures 64cm (25 inches approx) so there is quite a difference from bust (around 39 inches at it's fullest point) to waist. I still buy button shirts - you can buy tailored shirts with some stretch (I love these for work) these fit nicely and gives my waist shape. If it is a little big under the breasts I tailor it in. Clothing sizes are just a tag. I cut them off - if the clothes fit nicely then that is what I need.

I buy dresses that allow for my bust and are still tailored in. I shop around. I am fussy with clothing as I refuse to look bigger than I am and I don't 'settle' on something - it has to look good. It really isn't that hard to find clothes to fit.

Don't be so hung up on size labels - seriously. Do you sit there with your girlfriends and say oooh now I am a size X? If you do that then you are judging yourself by a label.
  • shelbyfaye0223
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant they have good bras for bigger boobs I am a 40 DD and can always find bras there!
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Button up blouses are the worst. I always have to buy a size bigger just to get them to button up properly. Sadly the clothing industry doesn't standardize their size and they don't tend to make clothes for women with above normal breast sizes. But ever so often I can find something that works for me or I'll splurge on getting a seamstress to alter clothing to fit me better if it's something I really like.
  • erinpooh
    Options

as I said before, I am a 32F, and in all honesty I probably now need a 30FF/G but 32F's are tricky to source at the best of times in Australia, let alone a 30 band. My waist now measures 64cm (25 inches approx) so there is quite a difference from bust (around 39 inches at it's fullest point) to waist. I still buy button shirts - you can buy tailored shirts with some stretch (I love these for work) these fit nicely and gives my waist shape. If it is a little big under the breasts I tailor it in. Clothing sizes are just a tag. I cut them off - if the clothes fit nicely then that is what I need.

I buy dresses that allow for my bust and are still tailored in. I shop around. I am fussy with clothing as I refuse to look bigger than I am and I don't 'settle' on something - it has to look good. It really isn't that hard to find clothes to fit.

Don't be so hung up on size labels - seriously. Do you sit there with your girlfriends and say oooh now I am a size X? If you do that then you are judging yourself by a label.

I suspect that when I hit my weight target, I'll need a 30-inch band. 32 band sizes are easy to find on eBay and on the internet, although I know things are more expensive in Australia.
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I've embraced bigger boobs and smaller boobs, and y'know what? They're all great.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    hahahahaha DDs....I remember those days.....Freshman year in HIGH SCHOOL!! lol When you're an H come back and talk about "massive boobs" I lost 75 pounds and I didn't go down even ONE SIZE! :grumble: Guess I'm stuck with them! lol
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Try Lane Bryant they have good bras for bigger boobs I am a 40 DD and can always find bras there!

Lane Bryant carries larger cups size but not smaller band sizes so if you're thin with really big boobs (comparatively speaking) you won't find what you're looking for at Lane Bryant.