wanting more vegetarian/vegan friends

Options
13»

Replies

• kurting81
    kurting81 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 2 1/2 years and have been eating mostly fruitarian this year.
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,800 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for about 2 1/2 years and have been eating mostly fruitarian this year.
    ive heard of fruitarian, but never met one, vegetarian is hard enough haha
  • Shopkins1978
    Shopkins1978 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been vegetarian for 15 years. Would love to connect with more on here and get meal ideas. I find myself always hungry and constantly snacking since joining MFP. I think I need to up my protein.
  • daniellebfit
    daniellebfit Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the happy herbivore site I just subscribed
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    Fellow veggo! :)
  • wastelander92
    wastelander92 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I`ve been vegetarian for 5 years now and I love to cook =) feel free to add, also congrats on making a healthy lifestyle choice
  • Rrrroxy777
    Options
    Hey there! I have been Lacto Ovo-Vegetarian for 12 years, I also don't have many vego friends on here yet but would love to gain some! :P
    So if any of you guys would like to add me go for it!
    Look forward to some fellow Veg MFP Pals to help me stay motivated and creative in my food choices :D x
  • limismith
    limismith Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    You - and everyone else - can add me!

I was a vegetarian for about a year and a half. Last March I moved away for work on an indian reservations. The youth center I worked at had long hours and we fed the kids dinner, mostly simple and filling meat-and-potato type meals like chili and tacos. Some short terms staff and volunteers stood by their morals and remained vegetarian, but for me as a full time employee the choice to eat seemed clear. In a place where healthy and nutritious food is sometimes hard to come by, I never felt right refusing to eat in front of the kids. And honestly, I couldnt manage the long hours without dinner and fiber one bars in my office didn't cut it.

Now I am back in my home state of Kansas and ready to adapt back to a vegetarian lifestyle. I enjoy meat and support local farmers who raise livestock in a healthy and natural way, and are respectful of their animals. But I no longer feel validated in eating meat now that I am back home with other options.

Having veggie friends on here sure would help. Re-starting MFP for the first time since last March. Add me if you want!
  • sorrow8me
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian (: id love to have some more vegetarian and vegan friends ((: i could use the support and ideas
  • ximills
    ximills Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    vegan here :)
  • LittleMissPiggy92
    LittleMissPiggy92 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian and I don't eat eggs. I tried to go vegan, but I love cheese and ice cream to much : )
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm a proud vegetarian!
    Four years and still eating green. ;)
  • linnaeus
    linnaeus Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan 1 year, octo-lavo for 14 years before that. I added you, anyone can feel free to add me!

My meal diary is public for friends. A lot of the recipes I use are from http://www.theppk.com/ It's actually possible to eat alfredo sauces, curries and more when the sauce base is butternut squash, zucchini, cashews, etc :) It's weird, since starting my food diary a few weeks ago, my cravings have already shifted - I look forward to my steamed veggies now!

You can easily make a tasty, aromatic curry dressing for veggies using curry paste from the local Asian market, blended with toasted fennel and cumin seeds, a bit of mild vinegar like mirin, and some water.

I also like the book, 30 minute vegan. Short, easy recipes, most of them very healthy.

Finally, I'm experimenting with getting lots of protein by adding protein powder to my green smoothies. It's a vegan rice/pea blend from http://www.truenutrition.com. Mine has light vanilla flavoring so it satisfies my sugar tooth :)
  • TheGoodEmu
    TheGoodEmu Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    90% vegan here...freeganism plagues me at work where I get lots of free food, but I cook/buy only vegan. :-) Friend me if you like, I love to share recipes and get new ones!
  • kimmadura
    Options
    Trying to be vegetarian, so far it's only been a week. I hope I continue I feel great with more energy. I found lots of great recipes with spaghetti squash. My dad is a mushroom farmers, so I have been eating mushroom burgersI'm eating flaxmeal pancakes with fruit in them. kale chips for snack along with fresh fruits and vegies. Lite green bites is a good website for recipes with fresh vegetables also.
  • StevenDial
    StevenDial Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just started eating vegan on 1-1-13. I'd love to have more supportive friends with the same food goals. Feel free to add me just please add a note so I know where you found me. I can't wait to share ideas and support one another.
  • ritoosh
    ritoosh Posts: 190
    Options
    vegetarian here. although i havent really been putting things in my diaire i will be starting on the 28th when im back home :D
  • ThriftyChica12
    ThriftyChica12 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    vegan here for about 3 years. add me :)
  • Themaanya
    Themaanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am newly vegetarian! (about the past 4 months or so.) I don't eat much dairy, but I love cheese.

It's been pretty easy so far, as I wasn't as big meat-eater in the first place, but I'm always looking for new recipes and inspiration!