girls with tattoos... yay? nay?

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    A girl with like 1-3 small, well placed tattoos can be sexy. :tongue:

Much of this depends on the individual woman.

I usually think less is more with tattoos, though I'm far from a no tattoo stance on whats sexy on a woman.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Nay.
    My opinion, which I'm entitled to express, is that the wearer looks cheap.
    Male or female.
    Feel free to desecrate/mutilate your body all you want, but to me, unadorned skin is more beautiful than inked skin.

Thats the kind of prepopsterous garbage my old man (who has 'unfortunate' tattoos - see earlier in the thread) comes out with. I have other mutilations on my body that I did not choose - are they equally as repugnant?
    Steve,
    You obviously didn't read the OP's statement.
    The posed question was followed by why or why not.
    I stated why.
    But, as customary on this board, anyone with a dissenting opinion is scorned.
    Your dad (not your "old man") sounds like my kind of gentleman. He's probably around my age. We grew up in a more genteel time when 'please' and 'thank you' were common (even expected) and failure to say 'yes, sir' or 'no, ma'am' when addressing an older person would get you in trouble.
    If your other mutilations are scars from an accident, surgery, birth defect, or similar involuntary actions ... no, of course not. And I did not use the word repugnant -- YOU did. How can you leap from what I typed, expressing that 'a' is more beautiful than 'b,' to repugnant? You can't. It's simply your crass intolerance of a dissenting opinion.
    If your other mutilations are from piercings -- navel, nose, lips, tongue, eyebrows, "personal areas" -- even those are not repugnant to me. I just prefer plain.

Firstly; I'd moved on from the 'hot or not' thing - I have already said, it makes no difference to me how attractive I find someone whether or not they have tattoos, but I do like tattoos.

I dislike it when people lump tatoos and piercings in with mutilations, because they are not. I have mutilations (not chosen, obviously) and tattoos, one of those things I am pleased to have adorning my body, the other, I am not.

My old man (or old boy, is more common round here), grew up in a time that may or may not have been more 'genteel', but certainly in a place that was not - he is from inner Salford (Greater Manchester) and we moved to the country when I was a nipper, which is where I grew up. I think, if you ask him, he would probably agree that society is much more tolerant than it was then, in general.

I am far more likely to have said please and thankyou growing up than he was - He ran away from home at 14 and was arrested some 200 miles away for vagrancy, because society then was that 'genteel' that it tolerated him being routinely being beaten with a belt.

His opinion stems from a kind of 'don't do what I did' kind of perspective, but, as I have said, he projects his own negative experience on others - to the point where he refers to tattoos as mutilations, because he cant see how that might annoy someone like me, although he probably should.

My brother, who sort of shared his views said his mind was changed in one short conversation with me, I showed him my tatt when it was new, and his response was "scarred for life" - to which I replied "I'm already scarred for life - I just chose this one".

By the way; My old mans tattoos are on his forearms and are a knife and a Union Jack respectiveley.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love tattoos! I think if done right they are beautiful. I have seven of them. Some mean something, some are just pretty, some are HUGE, some are small. I understand those who are against them but do not resort to looking down on others because they are for them. God gave me this body and it is my temple, he never said I couldn't hang any stained glass or artwork.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Don't like them on men or women. I never saw one that didn't reduce the person's attractiveness.

I think they are a very clever IQ test.

I am torn on this one because, last time I checked (I was at college, so some years ago); I had an IQ of 120something.

On the other hand - I think someones IQ has little bearing on their intelligence because I see it as a flawed test in so many ways.

Do I win or lose?

Juxtaposition...:bigsmile:
  • kitsuneandy
    Options

Me too. Having them means that people with a low enough IQ to hold silly prejudices based on body modifications don't bother talking to me.. ;)
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,735 Member
    Options
    Depends where they are .... anywhere but the face i'm happy
  • xXxHBICxXx
    xXxHBICxXx Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I think tattoos can be very beautiful but I think if one is poorly placed or just looks stupid it can make a person look kinda trashy, just be careful where you put your ink and you should be fine! Ive been playing with the idea of getting one myself.
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options

Me too. Having them means that people with a low enough IQ to hold silly prejudices based on body modifications don't bother talking to me.. ;)

Well said! :drinker:

Thinking that I am somehow less intelligent because I have ink on my skin is ultimately the same thing as racism. You (not YOU kitsuneandy, but the person who posted about the IQ test) are essentially judging me by the COLOR of my skin. How very mature of you. :huh:

For the record, I have a graduate degree, a professional license, and a pretty fancy job title, and (GASP!) I'm covered in tattoos. :wink:

And, by the way, I'm glad I got in again BEFORE THE LOCK!!!!! LOL
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    How can you say you like them, or don't like them, as a general thing? Doesn't it depend on the art, the color, etc.?
    I have seen gobs and gobs of really bad tattoos.
  • n2thenight24
    n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    <
    LOVE my ink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    Essentially, the summarization on here is that 1) women who have them think they're awesome (shocker), 2) guys who kowtow to women will (by default) like them (shocker), and 3) those of us who happen to think they DON'T look good on women are sexist. Yup, gotta love the lemming mentality.....

Yup. Gotta love @sshole mentality as well. You don't know me or probably most of the men who posted in the affirmative to the original question. As such do not presume to know why we answered the way we did. I'm sorry, but I do not "kowtow" to anyone, man or woman. It just so happens that I love the art of tattooing and especially appreciate it on the female body of which I am also very fond. I have no problem with people who do not like tattoos, but I do take issue with ignorant donks.

Funny there would have to be one tool who'd take person umbrage at a broad generalization. I don't recall it addressing this to "IronMikeFox", and yet you apparently are insecure enough that, out of all the men on here, I was apparently referring to YOU. Personally, I figured my comment was pretty on point, given the number of dudes on here you could tell would say they LOVE tattoos on chicks simply BECAUCE it's on a chick (as in, "My name is IronMikeFox, I'm suave, and you're just HAWT with that ink"). I, myself, don't have a problem saying I think they DON'T look good on a chick. Free country....my opinion. Sucks for you if it's not in line with your's, as I could care less what you think.....

LOL. Um ... no I did not think you were referring to me. I was referring to your broad generalization about the guys saying they like girls with tattoos. But thank you very much for confirming my assertion that you are an ignorant @ss.

No problem.....as you were the ONLY male who seemed bothered enough to make it an issue, I appreciate you validating my assertion that you are an insecure turd.

HA HA HA HA ... You called me a turd. That made me chuckle. I can't argue with you anymore since you made me smile this morning!
  • mikelacombe
    mikelacombe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It can be too much at times. I think a small discreet one in the right place can be sexy. Otherwise not a big fan.
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    I read a saying that says 'The only difference between people that have tattoos and those that don't is people with tattoo don't care if you have tattoos'.
    ugh. the only thing worse than no tattoos is bad tattoos.

:ohwell:

i was actually tongue in cheeck when I said that (about no tattoos). My point is just becuase i like ink don't mean I like all ink. So much bad ink out there. And no, i don't care who has ink and who doesn't. Most of the people i've date don't have ink. But bad ink is, indeed, an epic turn off for me.

ETA: actually, when i went back and looked at that comment, what i was talking about was myself, being a girl, and my feelings about tattoos on my own body. And I'd rather had ink than no ink, but not bad ink. You took my statement out of context because it was followed up with something along the lines of "i have a million tats and only one i regret. i keep it to remind me to be mindful of what i am doing."
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options

I dislike it when people lump tatoos and piercings in with mutilations, because they are not. I have mutilations (not chosen, obviously) and tattoos, one of those things I am pleased to have adorning my body, the other, I am not.

and some of us, like me, got tats to cover mutilations we'd rather not have anymore. Much of my work is indeed covering scars with something beautiful and positive.
  • Viveyp21
    Viveyp21 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

Thinking that I am somehow less intelligent because I have ink on my skin is ultimately the same thing as racism. You (not YOU kitsuneandy, but the person who posted about the IQ test) are essentially judging me by the COLOR of my skin. How very mature of you. :huh:

For the record, I have a graduate degree, a professional license, and a pretty fancy job title, and (GASP!) I'm covered in tattoos. :wink:

not a lesbian but i fell in love lol!
  • lilmisfit
    lilmisfit Posts: 860 Member
    Options

not a lesbian but i fell in love lol!

:blushing:
  • BobinNC66
    BobinNC66 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Some are very sexy, love tramp stamps and high back tats. I personally have none, but find nothing wrong with them. I think getting like Kat Von D is a little too much but she is absolutely a gorgeous woman.
  • Chapter3point6
    Options
    Yay
  • crystalrose1234
    Options
    i have 5 tats so far and i want at least two more i love tattoos i wouldnt trade em in for anyone so i say a BIIIIG f'in yay!!!