girls with tattoos... yay? nay?

Options

Replies

• DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nay. I think they look great on men ( specifically rockers ) but I think they look trashy on women.

This line of thinking, while your opinion, is, in my opinion (which I am also free to express), sexist. I just don't see why people think it makes a woman "trashy" to adorn her body, especially when you think it's "great" for a man to do it. Of course, this is your taste, etc. My issue is mostly with the concept that it makes one human being "trash" to do something that on another person is, in your opinion, "great" based on nothing more than their differnece in gender.

I know I'm just such a problematic human being to question these things.

I acknowledge it's sexist, but it's how I feel. I never said that the women who have them are trashy ( I'm sure the majority actually isn't ). It just appears that way. Recently I stood up in a wedding and I was the only female to NOT have a slew of back and shoulder tattoos. Looking at her photographs I thought that it would have looked way classier had she either 1) chose a different dress to hide them or 2) the women didn't have them to begin with.
  • 84woolf
    84woolf Posts: 153
    Options
    I have a half sleeve so obviously, yay!
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos - but I don't think they add to or subtract from a persons 'attractiveness'.

It's like buying a new Mustang.
    Yeah that factory exhaust sounds good... but an aftermarket Flowmaster set up is the sheiot.

But .. would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari? That's the problem with some tats. no more substance than a bumper sticker.

I agree 100%.

Ignorant people who get tattoos with out meaning are of no interest to me. It's a shame that people get tattoos now as a fashion statement instead of expressing your own personal story.

That doesn't make them ignorant. What is ignorant is that you think all tattoos MUST have meaning. Not all of mine have some deep meaning. Nor are they a fashion statement. Some of mine have meaning but some are things I love or enjoy. To me they represent a timeline of my life. Will I like the same things in 40 years? Maybe not, but I'll look at a certain tattoo ans I'll have that memory.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options
    While I have a couple tattoos, I (personally) have never found them attractive on women. Sorry if this offends those ladies out there who have them, but it's just one of those things.....

Its OK! I still get laid so its all good
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I like tattoos - but I don't think they add to or subtract from a persons 'attractiveness'.

Yeah that factory exhaust sounds good... but an aftermarket Flowmaster set up is the sheiot.

But .. would you put a bumper sticker on a Ferrari? That's the problem with some tats. no more substance than a bumper sticker.

I agree 100%.

Ignorant people who get tattoos with out meaning are of no interest to me. It's a shame that people get tattoos now as a fashion statement instead of expressing your own personal story.

That doesn't make them ignorant. What is ignorant is that you think all tattoos MUST have meaning. Not all of mine have some deep meaning. Nor are they a fashion statement. Some of mine have meaning but some are things I love or enjoy. To me they represent a timeline of my life. Will I like the same things in 40 years? Maybe not, but I'll look at a certain tattoo ans I'll have that memory.
    So true! I have my fun tattoo's, and my meaningful tattoos, its PERSONAL expression, if you dont like them then GTFO cause you're not worth my time. <3
  • treetpflyer
    treetpflyer Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Depends on the girl and depends on the tattoo.
  • katsuii
    katsuii Posts: 24
    Options
    Very sexy and interesting when done right. They have to be GOOD tattoos! I don't like trashy/cliche/jail tattoos.

I personally only have two (arm and leg) but I want plenty more.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Nay, :D Tattoos dont tend to fit on women, men look better with them!
    I said the same thing and got called misogynistic and sexist...lol
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    Don't care. I don't have any, but it is your body to do what you want with. Always like men with tattoos though.
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Love tats.. men or women.. very sexy!
  • kas1025
    kas1025 Posts: 26
    Options
    Tattos on girls ia big yes! But only some can pull off a good amout on their body, for example, full sleeve or even half of a sleeve
  • TheConsciousFoody
    Options

Both comments are sexist.
  • DP325i
    DP325i Posts: 677 Member
    Options

Both comments are sexist.
    /thread
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Nay. I think they look great on men ( specifically rockers ) but I think they look trashy on women.

This line of thinking, while your opinion, is, in my opinion (which I am also free to express), sexist. I just don't see why people think it makes a woman "trashy" to adorn her body, especially when you think it's "great" for a man to do it. Of course, this is your taste, etc. My issue is mostly with the concept that it makes one human being "trash" to do something that on another person is, in your opinion, "great" based on nothing more than their differnece in gender.

I know I'm just such a problematic human being to question these things.
    ^^^ exactly.. i actually think they are ugly on men and beautiful on woman... lol.. everyone has opinions.. and in the end it doesnt matter what anyone else thinks except you :)
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    Definitely hot, but too many tattoos on the face or hands is unattractive. There's a woman who works at the bagel shop in my building at work that has a particularly sexy pair of sleeves. She'd be attractive without them too, but they certainly enhance her IMO.
  • TK266
    TK266 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Options
    you had me at girls.
  • lovelyMYlovely
    lovelyMYlovely Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

I agree 100%.

^^^ agree why does a tattoo have to have a meaning?..... it doesnt.... but in most cases they do but in others you just get them because they may enhance the body and makes it look unique..
  • mlouise62
    mlouise62 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Yay for me. I love mine!
  • rgohm
    rgohm Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I have eleven myself and I plan to get more. My husband doesn't have any and isn't all that excited about mine but he loves me for me and that's all that matters. I wish he would get some, tattoos are so hot!
  • trancenhouse
    trancenhouse Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    No thanks.