Wait, Manti Te’o dead girlfriend story was a hoax?

Replies

• Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    This wont hurt him in the draft at all.
  • HeatherTransformed
    HeatherTransformed Posts: 213 Member
    My understanding is that he was catfished. He fell for a girl he met online, but never actually met her in real life. I'm sure that has happened to many people. It just sucks that it was wide open for EVERYONE to see. :o(

Except he supposedly talked to her on the phone, so he was in on it.

well when someone is catfished a lot of the time phone calls are involved.

but i still think he is involved.

It does seem weird that the guy they are saying created the "gf" is supposedly a friend of Manti's. But then again, that can still be a catfish situation.

Hopefully the truth will come out.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member

lol i hope you are joking. if he fabricated a girlfriend and her death that is going to affect him big time.
  • HeatherTransformed

lol i hope you are joking. if he fabricated a girlfriend and her death that is going to affect him big time.

Stallworth? Vick? It's sports.... clearly, they do not care as long as the player is good.
  • Laces_0ut

Stallworth? Vick? It's sports.... clearly, they do not care as long as the player is good.

i can see you havent' watched many drafts. stuff like this makes a difference. now if he was a proven NFL player? it would have much less of an effect.
  • Windy_

Um, apparently I know more about football than you do. The NFL has players that have been arrested...and served time...for much, much more serious offenses than a fake gf. Its about the money and Te'o is a damn good player.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    WOW.... just wow...
  • Laces_0ut

Um, apparently I know more about football than you do. The NFL has players that have been arrested...and served time...for much, much more serious offenses than a fake gf. Its about the money and Te'o is a damn good player.

you silly goose...like i said above...if he was a proven NFL player then he could commit murder on live tv and still get a good contract but when you are entering the draft its things like this that have a big impact. of course this is a whole new category of crazy.
  • Windy_
    Stupid phone.
  • Windy_

you silly goose...like i said above...if he was a proven NFL player then he could commit murder on live tv and still get a good contract but when you are entering the draft its things like this that have a big impact. of course this is a whole new category of crazy.

Lol, so no college player has ever had a good fraft after some negative publicity? Lets see, Vince Young was arrested for dogfighting I think, a month before the draft and it didn't hurt him or his contract. And that was an arrest not a fake death of a gf.
  • Laces_0ut

Lol, so no college player has ever had a good fraft after some negative publicity? Lets see, Vince Young was arrested for dogfighting I think, a month before the draft and it didn't hurt him or his contract. And that was an arrest not a fake death of a gf.

vince young was arrested for dog fighting? you clearly dont know what you are talking about. :)
  • HeatherTransformed

i can see you havent' watched many drafts. stuff like this makes a difference. now if he was a proven NFL player? it would have much less of an effect.

Manti has won many awards this season. He is a great player. I can't imagine this having any affect on his NFL career.
  • Windy_

vince young was arrested for dog fighting? you clearly dont know what you are talking about. :)

I said I think...he's had a couple arrests and I don't remember which one it was. The point was he was arrested before the draft and it didn't hurt his draft or contract. And he's not the only college player who's had similiar circumstances and not been affected in the draft.
  • Laces_0ut
    Jimmy Kingman ‏@JimmyKingman
    NFC Scout on Manti Te'o: "We likely will just cross him off our big board altogether."

See? he is already being affected by this and it has only just begun. just wait until more of this insanity gets out...he will plummet down the draft boards or fall off them all together.
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member

Manti has won many awards this season. He is a great player. I can't imagine this having any affect on his NFL career.

No, but his play vs. 'Bama will hurt his draft position
  • ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member

What about either of those?

Stalworth was drafted with no character questions. He has been signed and cut multiple times since his "character issues".

Vick: Drafted #1 over all with no character questions. Signed a incentive laden contract, at the league minimum, with the Eagles after jail. He got 100 mil AFTER he had that great season.

Te'o will drop in the draft because of this, but I don't think the 5 or 6th round. Maybe the bottom of the 1st.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member

No, but his play vs. 'Bama will hurt his draft position

This

But he was distracted because he was going to be outed!
  • ohhh poor Te'o

BA0nk2iCYAIbSjx.jpg
    BA0nWMTCAAEDfH2.jpg
    BA0mQLbCcAAHfYS.jpg
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Annnnnnnd the story twists again!

Arizona Cardinals fullback on Manti Te’o's fake girlfriend: ‘No, she’s real.’

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/arizona-cardinals-fullback-manti-te-os-fake-girlfriend-051106606--ncaaf.html
    Lennay Kekua, Manti Te’o’s fake girlfriend, might not be so fake after all.
    Arizona Cardinals fullback Reagan Mauia told ESPN that he not only knew Kekua, but that he was close with her family.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Te'o will drop in the draft because of this, but I don't think the 5 or 6th round. Maybe the bottom of the 1st.
    May end up with an already-strong team this way. Perhaps that was why they did it. DUN DUN DUN!