Revenge Weight Loss....

Options

Replies

• quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I lost weight after my divorce, but it wasn't intentional. I didn't even realize I'd dropped the 30 pounds until my sister said "WTF why are you wearing baggy clothes?!".

My exhusband is very nice and I wouldn't want to get back at him. A few other ex's though....yeeeah, I coulda totally seen myself sashaying my skinny self about for show around them....
  • ChitownTanya
    Options
    I don't have an ex I want to prove anything to BUT yeah I have to admit that it would be nice to have some haters :-) I never said that out loud but I almost want to kinda hide while I'm working out and doing this and have a huge party next year after no one has seen me for 12 months and walk out in a badass little red dress... then go to a club (I'm so over thinking this lol I'm almost 40 I have no business being in a night club) dance the night away and show off the new body.

I also want to shove it in my family's face too especially the aunt that would buy everyone a Barbie blanket but for me and my other fat cousin we got Miss Piggy blankets instead. I was 10!

Thank you for posting this topic! I feel better now :-)

by the way I'm new here so I could use some friends on my side
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    When I tried to lose weight to impress other people or make them like me, I couldn't make it happen. Once I stopped caring what people thought, then I succeeded in losing weight. But definitely am not interested in making my ex jealous. Of course if I could get the attention of a guy I do like, that would be a bonus, but people don't always react the way you'd hope they would so I'd rather not make it a goal.

Good for you!! And I hope you have great success.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Already have... it felt great. He now stalks me on Facebook calling me his number one "MILF" Bahaha.. loser

lol @ that
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    I don't have an ex I want to prove anything to BUT yeah I have to admit that it would be nice to have some haters :-) I never said that out loud but I almost want to kinda hide while I'm working out and doing this and have a huge party next year after no one has seen me for 12 months and walk out in a badass little red dress... then go to a club (I'm so over thinking this lol I'm almost 40 I have no business being in a night club) dance the night away and show off the new body.

I also want to shove it in my family's face too especially the aunt that would buy everyone a Barbie blanket but for me and my other fat cousin we got Miss Piggy blankets instead. I was 10!

Thank you for posting this topic! I feel better now :-)

Hey 40 is not old. I am 43 and proud of it. And if you feel like going to a club then you go girl!! Wear that bad *kitten* red dress and hold your head up high when you do it!!!!

• sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Honestly, We all want people to admire us... an if its an EX who broke up with us It makes the "juice that much sweeter" ....even if we didnt intend it... We would all like to make some one jelious!
  • lisadiane41
    Options
    Honestly, We all want people to admire us... an if its an EX who broke up with us It makes the "juice that much sweeter" ....even if we didnt intend it... We would all like to make some one jelious!

Honestly, We all want people to admire us. I like this quote from you. I think everyone wants to be admired in their own way.
  • amandapye78
    amandapye78 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I can honestly say not me. lol. I'm not above that its just that I was VERY thin when I was with him and he hasnt seen me since I gained the weight so he wouldn't know I had lost it. lol.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Not really, I'm doing it for me :) However, I do think it'd be an added bonus if an ex or someone from the past, were to see me and say I look great. But it's not my goal, in the past it has been though, once tried to focus on the gym thinking a guy I liked would give me a chance, but it was a silly motivator and the gym died down when I realised he was just stringing me along to be an *kitten*.

I have an amazing boyfriend now and he says I look beautiful but he will support me for as long as I continue to want to loose weight. (Careful with his words, he's a smart one lol). Having this awesome bf makes me less concerned about what my ex's would think. They are ex's for a reason!
  • vice350z
    vice350z Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    I agree if someone loves you then they love you for who you are whether you gained weight or not. You take vows for better or worse. Or do they do not matter anymore?

not really...if you married someone slim and they gained a lot of weight over the years, i'd understand them losing attraction.

I disagree with you. Then your wife should have said something to you and encouraged you to lose weight before divorcing you. At least try to save a marriage if that is the only issue.

true...but it was more then me getting fat that let to the divorce.
  • poodlepaws
    poodlepaws Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I started losing the weight about 8 months after ending my marriage. I'm doing it for myself but the perk of him gaining weight while I lose is an added bonus :bigsmile:
  • haileerobyn
    Options
    its a little boost of motivation for sure! Im guilty of this
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    doing this for an ex isnt the reason but rather the bonus for many people.. i for sure look better than i did when i was with my 2 exs and if they saw me now the way i am before i start my sexy journey they would already be jealous....... so... im not doing this for my exs.. im doing this to look at myself naked and feel WOW!!!

WELL SAID
    IF YOU WANTED TO DO IT FOR YOUR EX THEN THERE IS NO DIFFERENCES IN YOU OR HIM/HER
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it for myself!!

But I would be lying if I said that when I'm at GW I wouldn't want to "accidentally" run into an EX and rub his nose into it. Cheating *kitten*. Doesn't help that one of his complaints about me were my cheeks (on my face) He used poke fun at them constantly!
  • Farah_akbar
    Farah_akbar Posts: 1,692 Member
    Options
    I started losing the weight about 8 months after ending my marriage. I'm doing it for myself but the perk of him gaining weight while I lose is an added bonus :bigsmile:

FEW WEEKS BACK WHEN MY BOYFRIEND TOLD ME ITS OVER CAUSE HE IS ASHAME OF ME IN FRONT OF OTHER PPL OF THE WAY I LOOK AND THAT IS A KNIFE IN MY HEART I CRIED NO DOUT AND I TOLD HIM I AM WHO I AM :-( I DIDN'T WANT MYSELF FEELING I WAS NOT SEXY THIN BUT I KNOW IN SIDE ME I GOT HOPE FAITH I GOT UP THE NEXT DAY JOINED THE GYM EVERY MORIN AT 5:30AM I WOULD GET OUT OF BED JUST TO WORK OUT AND I AM A PERSON WHO NEVER WAKES UP AT THAT TIME FOR NO ONE BUT THIS TIME I DID FOR MYSELF NOT HIM AND NOT ANYONE ELSE BUT ME. THE SAD PART WAS I WOULD TRY TO WALK FAST ON THE TREADMILL I COULDN'T LAST FIVE MINS THEN I SAID TO MY SELF WHAT THE F***K I DIDN'T WAKE UP TO PUT MYSELF DOWN THEN I STARTED TO WALK MUCH AS I CAN THEN I I WOULD TRY TO RUN SAME THING COULDN'T THEN I WOULD TALK TO MYSELF AND PPL LOOKING AT ME LIKE IF I WAS CRAZY I WOULD SAY TO MYSELF I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS I AM NOT A LOSER I CAN DO THIS AND I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 3 DAYS AND I HAVE LOST WEIGHT NOT MUCH BUT I HAVE DONE IT AND I FEEL IF I WAS OVER THE MOON
    [/quote]
  • sgtrowley
    sgtrowley Posts: 246 Member
    Options

But I would be lying if I said that when I'm at GW I wouldn't want to "accidentally" run into an EX and rub his nose into it. Cheating *kitten*. Doesn't help that one of his complaints about me were my cheeks (on my face) He used poke fun at them constantly!

I think your Cute, your EX is adumb *kitten*
  • jaurora2
    jaurora2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Oh man, I'm guilty. It is what made me open my eyes and get my *kitten* into gear, but now that I'm in it this is 100% for me. The epic rage is great workout motivation though!
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member
    Options

I think your Cute, your EX is adumb *kitten*

Totally agree with the dumb asa part!! But thank you for the complement :D

Plus he said I was too tall (I'm 5'8" cant do anything about that)
  • ChitownTanya
    Options
    Oh man, I'm guilty. It is what made me open my eyes and get my *kitten* into gear, but now that I'm in it this is 100% for me. The epic rage is great workout motivation though!

girl I like your style lol I need to friend you :)
  • samcee
    samcee Posts: 307
    Options
    Yep ><

I think it was more of a self esteem thing because he cheated on me. All that exercising was a good way to channel out the negative energy so it worked out well for me in the end. After I got over him, I began doing it for me because I liked feeling healthier and stronger.