My coworkers are making fun of my healthy eating habits

Options

Replies

• SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Very carefully. I suck out all the juice first.

This reminds me of Bunnicula...

http://www.amazon.com/Bunnicula-Rabbit-Tale-Mystery-Deborah-Howe/dp/1416928170

(This is what I get for not reading the entire thread before commenting...)

Bunnicula!!!!
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    You should sharpen baby carrots and hurl them like darts when your coworkers bother you.

LOL!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    ...but I'm not too bent out of shape about it.
    I've taken to eating whole raw tomatoes and green peppers for snacks. Because they're healthy, delicious, and I'm too lazy to cut them up in the morning.
    So, what's so weird about that?
    My co-worker eats dried orange peels, so she has no room to talk.

OMG this is so cute!!
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    Options
    *kitten* them. I am so sick of my coworkers making funny faces and comments about my eating. I completely avoid office lunches for the most past now because I'm trying to avoid flipping my *kitten* on someone if I hear one more damn comment. Yesterday for a snack I had a banana with peanut butter, (like I do almost everyday). Moron makes a weird face at me and asks what I'm eating like it's the strangest thing in the world. A banana with peanut butter isn't even a "weird" food choice. I'm ready to bash some heads.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Four years ago I changed my eating habits & lost weight ........ three years ago I took a new job & brought my new eating habits with me ....... started right around Halloween, so you can imagine the looks I got when I wouldn't eat candy & holiday cookies !

But something good came out of it ....... not that I'm taking credit, mind you ....... but two of my coworkers decided to do something about their weight ....... together they changed their eating habits, plus started exercising ....... those two lovely girls have lost a total of 150 lbs !!!!!

Now if I can just get the rest of my coworkers & my boss to follow suit :laugh:

Keep on rockin' those veggies !
  • Wattyz
    Wattyz Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the switch to good foods! I think they're just not used to seeing people eat them whole vs all pretty and cut up. I opted to drive home eating an apple yesterday instead of going to get fast food....you don't see people eating apples while driving either. I'd try a tomato, but I'd probably be covered in juice. :)
  • junejadesky
    junejadesky Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Why would you care? You are giving your body nutrient dense whole foods rather than processed crap.... good for you!! Isn't it nice to realize that every day you strive to be more healthy? Don't feed in to the negativity... they are just jealous....
  • axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Lollllll. I have done the same thing in the past and my coworkers thought it was so funny. I was too lazy to cut up the pepper so I ate it like an apple.
  • MadameMoustache
    MadameMoustache Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My boss and manager are always making fun of my food.
    Since I'm vegan and eat plenty of whole foods/cooked at home meals they make fun of it.
    I remember when I was always drinking at fruit and vegan protein smoothie in a big mason jar in the morning, they were always laughing and saying I was drinking mud.
    Sometimes the color combination is a little bit off in my food, so I understand the grossed factor. (I remember when I brought that vegetable soup made with red cabbage. Basically the whole soup was blue. Well worthless to say my manager commented on this).
    But I embraced it and now I'm joking around with this too. You know, I look at them eating instant ramen noodles packages and disgusting beef jerky (I work in a gas station, yay for healthy food choices!) for lunch and I know my weird food is a much better choice.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i would seriously tell them to kiss your *kitten*,
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    I just like to lift up my shirt and give them the d-bag fish lips
  • Toya2xcel
    Toya2xcel Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I don't think they are really making fun of what you're eating so much as they are making fun of the way you are eating. I have never really seem someone eat a tomato or green pepper whole without cutting or slicing them up soo I would honestly think that is weird too. People make fun of things that they don't see as "normal", that doesn't make it right but its a fact of life.
  • laurie62ann
    laurie62ann Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    they make fun of you because they're actually jealous/probably to weak to commit to eating healthy...good job!

Well Said!!!
    Bullying in the workplace. That sucks! Focus on you and your health, don't let them get to you!
  • BethBeaman
    BethBeaman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I snack on plain, raw celery or raisins........... I get TONS of strange looks & comments when I'm eating my celery. I LOVE the taste & sometimes crave it! I've lost 40 pounds in about 5 months & plan to continue! Keep it up!
  • Firefox7275
    Firefox7275 Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    I've taken to eating whole raw tomatoes and green peppers for snacks. Because they're healthy, delicious, and I'm too lazy to cut them up in the morning.

Immature, unprofessional and could even be deemed bullying. So they will bite into whole apples and whole bananas but not whole tomatoes or bell peppers? Or do they still have their mama cut all their food into bite size pieces?
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options

lool dried orange peels, thats pretty bizarre, its like the rubbish part of a fruit.

I'd have to say if I saw someone bite into a tomato/green pepper like its an apple I would probably be like lol wtf.

maybe take a knife, so you can cut up your tomato, or its there when you finally snap and need something to decapitate people with.

stay strong. :P

HA! Love this!
  • cargilb
    cargilb Posts: 116
    Options
    I have coworkers like that too. I will soon weigh less than them. Unless a coworker actually spends time with me after work, I consider them less than an aquaintance and certainly not friends. they occupy a vague category where they are around me a lot and can be a friend or a back biting annoyance. I would not worry about them. Most coworkers are dysfunctional people at work anyway. they are on a mission to impress the boss and climb the pecking order aand anything or anyone different becomes a target. just ignore them.

turn them into background murmurs in your life.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's nothing to scoff at!
    Personally, I scoff (internally) at co-workers who sit down and eat a family size bag of chips at their desk (happens more often that you'd think)
  • navydentalchic
    navydentalchic Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Kick them in the taco.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I say we go kick their *kitten* right now. Who's with me?!