Tired of being just a pretty face

Options

Replies

• BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I don't think she meant to be cocky. Most women have heard "you have such a pretty face" instead of you are so pretty due to extra weight. I've been there before myself.
    This is exactly what I meant but clearly people on here can be extremely rude!!
    "If one sets oneself up to be a victim, one will always be a victim." - Me
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel the same?!!

Nothing brass knuckles can't fix, sweetie

You mean a scalpel :) lol
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I'm so tired of having a nice rack.
    Geez...so many first world problems.

pics or it didn't happen.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options

Nothing brass knuckles can't fix, sweetie

so heart you!
  • 1Pretty_Busy_Mom
    1Pretty_Busy_Mom Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I don't think she meant to be cocky. Most women have heard "you have such a pretty face" instead of you are so pretty due to extra weight. I've been there before myself.

So true..
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options

Can I steal your quote?
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    [From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

Actually, this (or something similar) happens if you travel in academic circles. Just sayin'.
  • fusion777
    fusion777 Posts: 197
    Options

Preach it brother!

I'm tired of random women grabbing my arms in public places pretending they lost their balance. puh-leeze.
    And for the love of God, my eyes are up here. sheesh.

This literally made me laugh out loud, too funny!! Loved it!!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

yeah. i know exactly what you have to deal with...

<< smh >>
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Um...do something about it then. This website is about bettering yourself. If you want support in finding an intellectual outlet that you can be passionate about people will support you.
  • mtiheartmuscle
    Options
    Better having a "pretty face" than people saying "you have such a great personality!" - that means you ugly and fat! Anyways, you don't look one bit overweight to me from your pic. Most people gain weight in their face, and your face is not the least bit round. I'd say don't complain about what you have girl. You don't like something, change it. Pretty dang simple.
  • aross001
    aross001 Posts: 237
    Options
    so work on your education.

From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

I have said that from across a crowded room many times - at a woman in front of a classroom or at the head of the table in a meeting. Thinking about especially intelligent women gives me the tingles.

But I know what you mean, looks are usually the first thing a person has the opportunity to experience...
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Try being pretty AND smart. Its exhausting.

It really is. xo!
  • kookanddra
    Options
    I think i'd rather be told that I have a pretty face than having a "great personality". To listen to someone say "you should go out with her/him, they have a great personality". Man I hate that saying!! Beauty is in every person. It just takes the right person or people to help you see it.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Can I steal your quote?
    Sure. Not my best work, though. Don't know if it really makes sense now that I read it again.

Lots of folks wallow in self-pity, and look for any reason to be the victim. It's sad.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    [From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

Actually, this (or something similar) happens if you travel in academic circles. Just sayin'.

Very true. My ex said she fell for me after hearing me read my work and it was similar for me with her. I fell for her and I fancy men (not even kidding). There's a whole world outside of physical that most people miss out on.
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Can I steal your quote?
    Sure. Not my best work, though. Don't know if it really makes sense now that I read it again.

Lots of folks wallow in self-pity, and look for any reason to be the victim. It's sad.

Makes sense to me and is now on my profile..ty :)
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Try being pretty AND smart. Its exhausting.

Love this ^^^
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Last time I post anything on here ... wow, some people are RUDE! I am so not cocky, to be honest, I have NO confidence in myself. Sorry if I gave you all the wrong impression ...
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Said by my Mum, after I lost about 9kgs:

"Yes, it's great how you've got your pretty face back."

:noway: