Tired of being just a pretty face

Options

Replies

• bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Try being pretty AND smart. Its exhausting.

buahahahah! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that ;-)
  • IndyMario
    IndyMario Posts: 236
    Options
    Last time I post anything on here ... wow, some people are RUDE! I am so not cocky, to be honest, I have NO confidence in myself. Sorry if I gave you all the wrong impression ...

Awww, sweetie, this ain't a male appendage. Don't take it so hard!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    FAIL TROLL
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, I am so incredibly tired of it as well ... but in response to the way you worded it....

AJhc1.gif

Please post more Captain Mal gifs. Makes me swoon every time!
  • sanvanhaaften
    Options
    Better having a "pretty face" than people saying "you have such a great personality!" - that means you ugly and fat! Anyways, you don't look one bit overweight to me from your pic. Most people gain weight in their face, and your face is not the least bit round. I'd say don't complain about what you have girl. You don't like something, change it. Pretty dang simple.

What she said!
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah!
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    my god, if I've said it once, I've said it a MILLION times! :laugh:
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Last time I post anything on here ... wow, some people are RUDE! I am so not cocky, to be honest, I have NO confidence in myself. Sorry if I gave you all the wrong impression ...
    Oh bless your heart. I'm sorry I said I don't think you are really pretty. Don't take it personally....you just aren't my type really. I am sure lots of guys see you as very pretty.
  • mdonovan
    Options
    Bahaha don't hold back, tell us how you really feel!!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    so work on your education.

From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

but! but!

critial_thinking_makes_me_h0rney_postcards-p239145312231338777envli_400.jpg
  • photogal375
    photogal375 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @nitrogen - Hahaha! Cracks me up!
  • PhoenixIsis
    Options
    Wow, the OP's comment went over alot of people's head. That's a normal comment for overweight people to hear "you have a pretty face". What's funny you'll see threads on here complaining about being told that while right now a handful act as if you should be happy to hear that. OP, I hear ya!
  • stopbeingFatPiggy
    Options
    EVERYDAY!!!! I think damn im cute and take great pics but nope its just the angle ...... KEEP UP working out you can do it!!!
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    so work on your education.

From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

No, but I've had men say that my level of intelligence is quite attractive. Having the ability to hold a conversation without seeming like a complete bimbo is a plus in the right kind of guy's book.
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    It's easy to misinterpret things when it's all text-based. Sarcasm, for example, doesn't translate well when it's just text.

It appears that the majority here misunderstood your point. You did clarif, that the issue has to do with your being told that you have a pretty face, and that it's an insult having to do with your weight. Am I right?

Work on your self-confidence, kiddo. Stop worrying about what other think or say. When you enter a situation, having already set yourself up to be a victim by assuming the worst, you will walk out just that -- a victim. Keep your head high and assume the best, rather than the worse.
  • citizencrp
    citizencrp Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I wish! All I hear is "But you have the best skin." " I am sooo jealous of your pretty skin." "You don't know how lucky you are to not have acne"... or wrinkles or freckles or whatever that person is faux *****ing about.

Yeah...Take that you size 2s with your pretty, symmetrical faces and your admirers and your confidence and your sex lives...I got some gentle exfoliating I got to do tonight so I don't lose all those skin modeling gigs.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I think people would be alot more tired of having an ugly face
  • mybray1
    mybray1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Losing weight to look pretty in the face???

skinny waist :)
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've lost a lot of weight, and the other day I went into a gas station that I only go to now and then, and the gal working the counter said "WOW.. you HAVE lost a lot of weight, You can see it in your neck and in your face!!"

Thanks... but, how big WAS my head? Apparently my head was the size of a manhole cover and no one told me. "Oh that's Chris, he's got a huge face, but we don't talk about it"

=)
  • MrsSardone
    MrsSardone Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    [From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

Actually, this (or something similar) happens if you travel in academic circles. Just sayin'.

I was gonna add "unless you're at a Mensa meeting." But even then, what is going to make you stand out amongst all the other brainiacs?