Tired of being just a pretty face

Options

Replies

• cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    I know how you feel, I've lost a lot of weight, and the other day I went into a gas station that I only go to now and then, and the gal working the counter said "WOW.. you HAVE lost a lot of weight, You can see it in your neck and in your face!!"

Thanks... but, how big WAS my head? Apparently my head was the size of a manhole cover and no one told me. "Oh that's Chris, he's got a huge face, but we don't talk about it"

=)

This is really funny to me, because the one place that I can actually tell that I've lost weight this early is my head -- my hats fit better!
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    *Sigh* I wish someday to be "Just a pretty face"
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel the same?!!

Don't worry... pretty fades.
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel the same?!!

Nothing brass knuckles can't fix, sweetie

You called, sweetiedahling???? :)-
  • FitnessPalWorks
    FitnessPalWorks Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    so work on your education.

From across a crowded room nobody has ever said "Good God! Look at the intelligence on THAT girl!"

Right?! lol

I am far more attracted to intelligence than looks. Although they are a bonus. I am usually a little repulsed when I notice a pretty girl with the intelligence of a spoon.

Whaaaaaaa? But spooning leads to forking!!!! Where've you been, eh????
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    EVERYDAY!!!! I think damn im cute and take great pics but nope its just the angle ...... KEEP UP working out you can do it!!!

Dame so true! I'm like shoot...I don't look fat at all on this side pic-face only- lol but it is defiantly the angle lol oh well.
  • LilMizMuffin
    Options
    I've lost 100 lbs since I started my weight loss journey... I'm also looking for new friends to help me lose the last 16 pounds to achieve my dream goal weight.....(ANYONE CAN ADD ME!) if they are looking for motivation and support on your weight loss journey....:flowerforyou:
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Imagine how tiring it is going to be once you have a pretty face and banging body.
  • Markus_7
    Markus_7 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    dude that's just messed up!
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Try being pretty AND smart. Its exhausting.
    ^This.

Oh oh! And with muscles. *flex*

And a thick ...... wallet.
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You do realize how cocky this made you seem, right?

You do realize how b*****y this made you seem, right?

To the OP: Yes, I know exactly what you mean...

Amen to that
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Clearly a lot of people don't understand what she's saying....And most likely because they're not plus size girls.

Many times we are giving a compliment....Instead of someone saying "Oh you're so pretty" or whatnot, they say "Oh you have such a pretty face!"....As if our face is the only thing that is pretty. Instead of all of us as a whole person isn't pretty....Just our face. People don't understand what they're saying when they say it. Its completely harmless...and actually meant as a compliment, until you think about exactly why to a plus size girl you would compliment just her face whereas a "normal" girl would just be pretty, period.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Naw. I just walk around looking like a slob all the time. It's friggen amazing. I'm thinking about growing a beard, too.
  • SilverSquid
    Options

Why would that make her cocky?! She's not allowed to AT THE LEAST (while being over weight) say that she's pretty!? You calling her cocky is more ignorant than anything! lol

Lol you people who act so nice. If you heard some pretty girl say "omg I'm tired of being just a pretty face, do you feel the same?" in real life, you'd think the same damn thing I did. Stop lying to yourselves, ha.
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I know some people don't understand that when they say, "you have such a pretty face", that they are actually telling you that the rest of your body doesn't look so good. So, yes, I can understand the slam but I think they are trying to give you a backhanded compliment. I wouldn't think anything about it. Some people just don't get it.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

Why would that make her cocky?! She's not allowed to AT THE LEAST (while being over weight) say that she's pretty!? You calling her cocky is more ignorant than anything! lol

Lol you people who act so nice. If you heard some pretty girl say "omg I'm tired of being just a pretty face, do you feel the same?" in real life, you'd think the same damn thing I did. Stop lying to yourselves, ha.

Indeed
  • foxymama73
    foxymama73 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I've heard people say, "wow, you have such a pretty face"...and I wait for the other shoe to drop. People can be such jerks, even if they think they are complimenting you. Well, I do have a pretty face, and in a couple of months, I'll have a pretty figure to match!! So will you!! Good luck!!:smile:
  • LinDiSm26262
    LinDiSm26262 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I just think some people are not educated enough to give intelligent responses. I certainly understand your post. Just move on and forget about people that don't deserve another thought. Good luck on your journey!
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Options
    I understand what the OP meant even if many people here didn't agree with the way it was phrased. One guy I met once asked me out to dinner. We spent the day together, hit up an arcade, grabbed a bite to eat had a great time. Two days later he calls and says he had an awesome day and I had a gorgeous face, but he doesn't date women my size. Personally, while I have no problem with people having "types" they will and will not date, taking me out on a date and acting like everything is great only to turn around and give me the, "You're pretty, but I don't date fat chicks." speech was fairly tacky. Go spend the day with a girl you would date instead of leading me on and wasting my time.
  • verdancyhime
    verdancyhime Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Nah... I wish I was pretty and stupid and kind of weak willed. Like an attractive female Neville Longbottom. That type of girl always has a bunch of guys wrapped around her finger who will do anything for her and never has any problems other than the first world type. She has plenty of people to take care of her and her actions usually never really have serious negative consequences. Sounds like heaven.