Working out, tracking, and no weight loss!! Why?!?!

Options
124»

Replies

• Sweet_Pea0107
    Options
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Good job on taking these steps! Your diary was not open so I was not able to advise based on that, however my best guess is that you may be over-estimating the calories you burn working out and under-estimating the calories in the food.

My advice:
    1. Get a heart rate monitor
    2. Open your food diary so pals can see what your are eating and give more specific feedback
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    if you're only eating 1400 calories and you're working out twice a day you're not eating enough. Boost your intake. Also, toss the DVD's. In my opinion and experience, those DVD's don't produce the best results. I get a much better workout when I'm out running or lifting. Try doing some HIIT training and some weight lifting.

Agree with the not eating enough - completely disagree with the tossing the dvd's....YOUR results might have been bad - I have seen tons of results from people doing dvd's at home that was really good...

I agree, I love Jillian Michaels' dvds! Also, you said you have gained muscle. Some people say that muscle weighs more than fat, so measure yourself, look at how clothes fit, don't just depend on the scale!
  • Mdin1029
    Options
    Given the science behind all of this, there are two probable explanations....

1.) you think you're at a caloric deficit, but you're not. are you weighing and measuring or are you doing a lot of guestimating? do you log everything, including condiments, marinades, etc. This was my big problem in the beginning, I was just eyeballing everything and not actually weighing or measuring...pretty important when 1 oz of nuts has about 160 calories and you're eating closer to 2 oz with your eyeballs....etc, etc, etc

2.) you are at too great a deficit and your metabolism has stalled. either the built in deficit is too great or you are creating too big a deficit with your activity and workouts and not properly fueling that activity.

I agree!! Try #1 first