I feel like a SELL OUT!

Options
Let me start by saying that anyone who knows my story knows that I busted my *kitten* to lose my weight.

To my CSection mommies...I'm sorry for being a let down if you followed me. I feel like I gave false hope.

To anyone who disapproves of cosmetic surgery...take your time to hit the back button now!

For anyone who doesn't know my story, I'll fill you in. I am a mother of twin angel babies who would be 5, a 4 year old son, and a 1 year old son. They were all delivered via CSection and my tummy was disgusting. I weighed 205 lbs at the delivery of my oldest son because of severe hypertension. After 4 years of not caring and popping out kids like crazy, I thought I was beyond repair without surgery. I decided that I would give it my all for an entire year and decide where to go from there. I did two rounds of Insanity and two months worth of TurboFire. I lost 45 since last January and I toned up more than I thought possible. I just knew for sure that my "apron" or "CSection flap" would vanish with losing weight but the more I lost the more my skin sagged. My husband was already treating me to a breast augmentation so I decided for just a couple $K more, I could have the most perfect body. I got the Mommy Makeover on December 20th and my confidence has never been higher.

1 week post op:
Screenshot_2013-01-07-14-03-38.png
2 weeks post op:
20130106_184146.jpg
3 weeks post op:
GosmsPhoto1358288493502.jpg

I am 4 weeks post op as of today but I haven't been home to take my picture yet. I wish I could have done everything on my own but in my case...I tried my very best.

Replies

• North44
    North44 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    You look amazing- congratulations!
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    You look great--ripped as hell--you should be proud of what you accomplished. No one has the right to belittle unless you allow it.
  • BeckyNaturoMommy
    BeckyNaturoMommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Anything that makes you feel good, mama. I don't think you're a sell-out. Congrats!
  • suffer4you87
    suffer4you87 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You incredible, and at the end of the day it is your body. You should be so proud of what you have achieved, don't berate yourself for something like this. Your happiness is the key to your success! Well done :)
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    So... why did you say you feel like a sell out?
  • BeingAwesome247
    BeingAwesome247 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Well, I for one have a lot to say about this as a c-section mommy (except I only have 1)

I'M SO JEALOUS! ;) Looks great hun and you took it as far as you could!! Be proud!
  • julesxo
    julesxo Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    It is great that you did everything you could before getting the surgery. They recommend you lose as much weight as possible first otherwise if you keep losing weight after surgery your stomach will just have lose skin again. Congrats btw you deserve it. You look great!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I am planning to do the same. I weigh 155. When I get down to 120 and stay there for 6 months, my reward will be the mommy makeover. Hopefully this fall I will have a rocking bod like yours.

How was the recovery? I hear that it can be rough, but wondering if it is any worse than the c sections?

I had 3 c cestions plus 1 additional surgery all using a verticle incision. My tummy is so ugly between the stretch marks and the scar...yuck!
  • yuckidah
    yuckidah Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    GOOD ON YOU!

You look fantastic. Would love to see before photos to compare.
  • longingforcontrol
    Options
    I have heard that you have to go through incredible intense pain after such a surgery. Now my question, Is it really that extremely painful? How long did it take till the "biggest" pain got better? How long took it for you to be able to get out of bed (stand up, walk, sit down, bend) again?

I am sorry for all the silly questions, I am just really curious about how it really is.
    You look fabulous, very, very beautiful. I wish you the best.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'll sell out happily if I ever get the money. Maybe I'll donate an equal amount to a children's hospital to assuage my guilt over my vanity (while I'm dreaming I'll ever have that much money, I might as well dream I'll have twice that much!) :laugh:
  • wendy_montalvo
    wendy_montalvo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don't care how much weights you life, how perfectly clean you eat, once you hit your weight goal and all you see is hanging skin, there are no dumbbells in the world that will make that skin tighter. As everyone can plainly see, there was muscle under that skin. Nip/tuck all you want. You are not a sell out! You reached your goal and you had to do what you had to do to get rid of that unwanted skin! not fat!

Some folks are just blessed with great skin, that can bounce back, others not so much.

You look absolutely amazing. Keep up the great work.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    So... why did you say you feel like a sell out?

When I joined MFP, I helped a lot of moms like me figure out that we would be able to get our bodies back without surgery and now I feel like I let them down.
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    As you say - you did your very best. Sometimes surgery is the only way to fix that. You look wonderful and you must feel so much better now! Don't let anybody call you a sell -out! Congratulations!
  • nellyett
    nellyett Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm considering one as well....you are not a sell out! Loose skin is loose skin. Sometimes is just doesn't snap back and there's no amount of exercise, healthy diet, creams, pills, etc. that can change that!

I'd be interested to hear how your recovery has been and to see how your scars heal as you go along....Yours looks amazing but I've seen some who's incision sites have had a lot of inflammation and scarring.

Also, did they have to do anything with your belly button?
  • Kitty_Kat_meow
    Options
    Don't feel like a sell out hun, the spare skin would never have gone away just from dieting and toning up. Sadly that happens when you've either been pregnant or lost a lot of weight fast and it's a medical fact that skin like that can't be taken care of without some kind of intervention, if you don't believe me have a look at post op gastric band/bypass information they all warn the only way to deal with the skin is another op. Be proud of yourself, you have a loving family, a great figure and your happy with yourself what more could anyone want :D
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Who gives a rats rear end how you reached your goal...you reached it, right?
    I'm in no position to judge nor will I do so.
    Kudos to you.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    GOOD ON YOU!

You look fantastic. Would love to see before photos to compare.

I just edited my OP to show my tummy before.
  • porkchop_13
    Options
    You're NOT a sell out. You look terrific. Surgery is the only reason i havent lost my boobs on this weightloss journey. LOL So now you got it honey, so FLAUNT it.
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Good for you! I am planning to do the same. I weigh 155. When I get down to 120 and stay there for 6 months, my reward will be the mommy makeover. Hopefully this fall I will have a rocking bod like yours.

How was the recovery? I hear that it can be rough, but wondering if it is any worse than the c sections?

I had 3 c cestions plus 1 additional surgery all using a verticle incision. My tummy is so ugly between the stretch marks and the scar...yuck!

FAIR WARNING: Everyone kept telling me it would be like my CSections...BULL! My CSections were a breeze but the recovery from a tummy tuck is excruiating but extremely worth every painful moment.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!