I feel like a SELL OUT!

Options

Replies

• suemcmurry
    suemcmurry Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look GREAT and not a sell out at all!!! I am tossing the idea around about plastic surgery also but am not quite sure it's not just a vanity thing..... I just turned 51, had my first when I was 19 and my second at 26 so never, ever, EVER in my adult life have I had a flat tummy. The story is just too long and drawn out to tell but suffice to say that you are looking AWESOME and I am (daresay) envious. Good work little lady..... :)
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Options
    You look amazing! I'm considering one as well....you are not a sell out! Loose skin is loose skin. Sometimes is just doesn't snap back and there's no amount of exercise, healthy diet, creams, pills, etc. that can change that!

I'd be interested to hear how your recovery has been and to see how your scars heal as you go along....Yours looks amazing but I've seen some who's incision sites have had a lot of inflammation and scarring.

Also, did they have to do anything with your belly button?

They didn't touch my belly button because I only needed a MiniTT. The only thing the did was cut me from the inside of each hip to the other and tighten the underlying muscles below the belly button. My scar looks extremely long but they pull it tight for the the skin to adhere correctly.
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and have worked hard for a year!! That counts for something, just because you had the financial opportunity to do that, then that is YOUR choice and no one can pass judgement on that. So freakin what you got a little extra help to get the body you want, that is your right. You are still living a healthy life! Good for you. You look awesome!!
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Also, your girls are looking much better! :) How many cup sizes did you go up, if you don't mind me asking? That must feel awesome! My girls are slowly disappearing! Eek
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    Also, your girls are looking much better! :) How many cup sizes did you go up, if you don't mind me asking? That must feel awesome! My girls are slowly disappearing! Eek

I went from fried eggs to full Cs. I love them!! I had 325 cc put in each breast.
  • glahlstedt
    glahlstedt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I am totally ready for a tummy tuck too! "The apron,"(as they call it) is so freaking floppy and ugly! So, congrats to you for your mommy makeover. Nobody understands unless they have had a c-section! I had a breast reduction 3 months ago, and that was the best thing I have ever done! How is the pain from the surgery? Mine was very painful for about 3 weeks, but then it wore off! So, again glad to see that you did it!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I'll sell out happily if I ever get the money. Maybe I'll donate an equal amount to a children's hospital to assuage my guilt over my vanity (while I'm dreaming I'll ever have that much money, I might as well dream I'll have twice that much!) :laugh:
    ↑↑↑This
    You look great!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    I am totally ready for a tummy tuck too! "The apron,"(as they call it) is so freaking floppy and ugly! So, congrats to you for your mommy makeover. Nobody understands unless they have had a c-section! I had a breast reduction 3 months ago, and that was the best thing I have ever done! How is the pain from the surgery? Mine was very painful for about 3 weeks, but then it wore off! So, again glad to see that you did it!

I didn't mind the breast augmentation at all. Maybe they didn't hurt as bad because of the pain I had from the tummy tuck or maybe it was because my BA was minimally invasive. They went through my armpits with a one inch incision and the swelling really didn't phase me.
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are at all. I want to get one when I'm done having kids if necessary. I'm glad you told us because I do look to you as an inspiration regardless. I would still love to look like you before you got a tummy tuck. I just want to get rid of fat underneath the skin. Once I'm done having kids then I want to get a tummy tuck. I know that Insanity works to get rid of that fat which means a lot to me because I felt like it was hopeless to get rid of it. I know I will have saggy skin for another five or so years because I still am going to have children, but I just want to not have fat on my stomach anymore. I had a c-section too.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    That's a tiny scar and looks good after only a few weeks...are you treating it with Mederma or something similar?
    Tummy looks nice and flat!! Boobs are perfect too! Congrats!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options

I went from fried eggs to full Cs. I love them!! I had 325 cc put in each breast.

I have 335 in each and a full C as well. It is perfect really...I can push them up when I want to show them off but nobody can tell when I'm working out and in an exercise bra. I run/lift weights with no problem. I think you went the perfect size!
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    In all honesty I have considered what you did, especially to remove the striae that is ALL OVER my stomach, it would be nice to look like I didn't have octuplets... You look great and no matter what you worked to get there anyways and your still going to end up working to keep it there so go you!
  • beatlebomb
    Options
    Hey you are not a sell out. When I lose my weight I am sure going to have the excess skin cut off. You bet. You rock!!! You look amazing. Congrats!!!!
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    Sell out? You worked HARD for that body.

You can't tone skin.. and sometimes when there is subcutaneous fat that is not attached to anything, you CAN'T lose that either.. No matter what you do.. Even if you were starving to death. Some people are more fortunate and they don't need the surgery they won the genetic lottery. Don't blame yourself because you were not blessed with those same genes.

Your belly looks fantastic and your scar is healing very nicely. Congratulations!
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    So help me understand, what is it exactly did you have done? I see a skinny person with a large scar that is slowly diminishing?
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    That's a tiny scar and looks good after only a few weeks...are you treating it with Mederma or something similar?
    Tummy looks nice and flat!! Boobs are perfect too! Congrats!

The only thing I use on it is liquid Vitamin E...poor girls version of Mederma. My tummy still has a few knots from them stabbing me with the Lipo sucker but all in all I feel pretty good about it considering I'm not going to see full results for another 2-5 months.
  • perfect10isha
    perfect10isha Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    There are simply some things that all the exercise in the world cannot repair. I don't know if I'll ever have the money to do the same, but I have a herniated belly button and loose skin around my belly button due to how I carried my second baby (all in front). It sucks to have a flat stomach again, only to not feel comfortable showing it because of my loose skin and freakish looking belly button. I only gained 35 pounds with each pregnancy, and I'm still left with the battle scars. Its very disheartening to work so hard to lose the weight only to find out your body will never be the same (and not in a good way). Congrats & Hope you have a speedy recovery.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Only a little more money? Was it a package deal? I don't need the chest (well, might need a reduction LOL) but the belly will need some help. I was thinking it would be a LOT of money though. Makes me wonder!

Do you have any before pictures to share? You just look so great!
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    Don't fee like a sell out -- either you win the genetic lottery and get the retractable skin, or you don't (I know I didn't). Nothing you can do to make that skin go away if you didn't get the right genes for that, so no need to feel guilty!

You look great!
  • OnMyWay4
    Options
    There are simply some things that all the exercise in the world cannot repair. I don't know if I'll ever have the money to do the same, but I have a herniated belly button and loose skin around my belly button due to how I carried my second baby (all in front). It sucks to have a flat stomach again, only to not feel comfortable showing it because of my loose skin and freakish looking belly button. I only gained 35 pounds with each pregnancy, and I'm still left with the battle scars. Its very disheartening to work so hard to lose the weight only to find out your body will never be the same (and not in a good way). Congrats & Hope you have a speedy recovery.

You just broke my heart. Congratulations to you on losing your weight and I really hope that one day you can enjoy your body again.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!