Public Restroom Flushing

Options
_Elemenopee_
_Elemenopee_ Posts: 2,665 Member
Office/Restaurant/Theater/Anywhere not a private home with obvious cleaning rituals.

Do you use your foot or hand to flush? Even with push button ones or the automatic ones that might be off timer-wise or broken.

I use my foot even if the damn thing is eye level. I'm NOT touching that thing.

To be honest, even in some friends/family homes, I'll still hover and use a napkin/tissue.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on that one. And I use a paper towel to open and close the doors. I have a thing about public restrooms. :sick:
  • Countryboy_
    Options
    Where I come from, you do not flush. You just try not to get splinters on your behind....
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Yeah...foot for sure! I wouldn't touch that thing with a ten foot pole! Or someone else's for that matter. I also us towels on door knobs and sink handles because I have first hand witnessed the nasty behaviors of others. SO WRONG PEOPLE! What you think that YOOOOOU don't carry germs?
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Foot without a doubt.
    At work I have to balance on one foot while moving my other foot between the trash can and toilet, then flick it hoping it hits the handle. It's a small calorie burn.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm a man!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I am not afraid of germs.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    I have a coworker who never washes her hands. I have seen her MANY times just turn on the water and walk out. Like I hadn't noticed she didn't use sopa, wet or dry her hands....REALLY? Do not touch ANYTHING I touch. Ever!
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    foot foot foot.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    paper towel or foot - I've seen way to many dudes not even bothering to wash their hands before leaving
  • 2muchsauce
    2muchsauce Posts: 1,078
    Options
    I'm a foot flusher if it doesn't have the auto flush. I will NOT touch that handle !
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Top shelfer, always.

(for skitty ♥)
  • lacurandera1
    lacurandera1 Posts: 8,083 Member
    Options
    (Anyone who used to flush it with their hand should probably switch to their foot now that we've all put our shoe germs on there, too....)
  • RushBabe214
    RushBabe214 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Hover and flush with foot.
  • _Elemenopee_
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I'm not afraid of germs, but I still have to unlock the door and turn on the water. I'm not adding to the disgustingness that is already on there.

I also use paper to open the doors on my way out.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options

This... however, I will use my foot if it's really nasty and I had to hover over the toilet to go as it was... you know like in a bus station in the shady part of town.
  • I'm pretty sure that if I tried to use my foot, I would fall over...? Besides, I'm most likely about to wash my hands. And even if I don't...a couple germs, oh well.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    Autoflush can be dangerous if you have filled the bowl to possible blockage levels. Can lead to a mad, penguin-like dash.
  • OkieinMinny
    OkieinMinny Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    FOOT - esp here at work - some of these women are NASTY....**shudder**
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I take toilet paper, wrap my finger and flush with the wrapped finger. I will not touch the flusher without wrapping my finger first.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I use my tongue.