• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I use my tongue.

sure hope you've never gone to the middle east and done that

Or South-East Asia...
  • jeckalynne
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I am not afraid of germs.

'xactly!
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah I use my foot. And I use a tissue or paper towel to open the doors. Those places are friggen germ pools. Yuck.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends, I'll use my foot if I still have my coffee and donuts in my hands. I am NOT putting my donut down to flush, that's just ridiculous!
  • MelBristol
    Options
    Here in England in most places you just need to wave or not even that the water flushes automatically. I can always get some paper to press the button with, but it's pointless as I'll wash my hands in the next minute anyway!

What bugs me is people don't even flush sometimes or leave wee all over the place. I always squat over the toilet instead of sitting on it LOL
  • aminakhan1980
    aminakhan1980 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have flushed with my foot before and had my foot slip and land in the toilet. It was awful :sick:

Damn! I would die.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Options
    I use my hand unless I have too much to carry, then I will use my foot. But I wash my hands anyways so I don't care. But I do have to add, if the floor is wet, I use my foot because I realize other people do.
  • sweetyedie
    sweetyedie Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I don't flush with my foot, use paper toilet seat covers, use a paper towel over the doorknob, and I do not hover. I sit on the freaking toilet, do my business, wash my hands thoroughly, and leave. And I rarely get sick. I like germs. They keep me healthy.

What she said!

*Dammit, I was about to post this, then wondered about getting flamed for it. I bow to your courage for going first!

Sorry people me too. I do hate when the people who are afraid of germs leave the paper towel in the door handle as they leave for someone else to clean up, or on the floor for that matter. Usually there's a garbage can nearby. No wonder these are so afraid of germs if they are that inconsiderate of others.
  • DarkFlutter
    DarkFlutter Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Foot flusher.
    Don't wash my hands in the public restrooms as I am allergic to most soaps...and you never know till it's too late.
    I carry hand sanitizer and use that ALWAYS!
  • crimsontech
    crimsontech Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I'm kinda wondering why those of you who touch nothing but toilet paper and paper towels in the bathroom even bother to wash your hands? :P To get the paper dust off of them?

Give your immune systems some credit!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    All you ladies who use TP to flush the toilet and then throw it in the toilet while it goes down still has to open the stall door. There's just as many germs on the stall door as on the toilet handle. Think about it.....there hands didn't miraculously come clean between flushing and opening the door.

I am WELL aware of this but whatever. It's a small comfort and I enjoy my small comforts.
  • Emma_Problema
    Emma_Problema Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Man, I don't really get grossed out anymore after spending months peeing in holes in ground. Also, these holes in the ground had no TP (had to carry it in my purse) but still had doorknobs. Toilet paper is way too light for opening doors used by millions of people with pee hands. And the men in India hock loogies in the street all the time, so I'm betting they aren't the most sanitary bunch. Also, I took classes in public health there so it was a CONSTANT REMINDER.

And it's hilarious to see Indian men holding hands down the street and just think "EWWW PEE HAND SPREAD!"

So yeah, my office bathroom doesn't bother me at all.
  • monicabuc1
    monicabuc1 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I guess it really depends, I'll use my foot if I still have my coffee and donuts in my hands. I am NOT putting my donut down to flush, that's just ridiculous!

Hahaha!!!
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of foot flushing before, I must lead a sheltered life :ohwell:
  • halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    Flush??? Wait ... I thought I was supposed to leave the log for the next person to see. Is that wrong?
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Flush??? Wait ... I thought I was supposed to leave the log for the next person to see. Is that wrong?

I only do that if I am taking a sexy photo of myself in the mirror to post online.
  • MaggieSporleder
    MaggieSporleder Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    It's cleaner than the door handle. I flush with my hand, and WASH my hand.

On note from someone who used to Manage a Convenience store on the Interstate. The "clean" people are the dirtiest people out there most of the time. The women who hover instead of sitting down? They're the ones peeing on the seat. ( and the floor, and the tank ) The ones who won't turn the sink off when they're hands are dry ( we only had a hand dryer to save trees ) They flood the bathroom floor. The ones who use the toilet covers, leave them on the floor rather than touching the trash can. I just think people using a public restroom, should THINK, and lets not trash it for other people, because your scared to touch anything. Oh and these restrooms were always spotless. known to many many travelers as the Cleanest restroom between Chicago, and Memphis. And people still constantly did these things.
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    I flush it with my hand, knowing full well that I am going to wash my hands in the next thirty seconds, and that I possess a strong and adequate immune system.

I am not afraid of germs.

Same.
    That, and I use the small bottle of purel in my bag.
    I don't have time to awkwardly try and flush a toilet when I'm out and about.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Office/Restaurant/Theater/Anywhere not a private home with obvious cleaning rituals.

Do you use your foot or hand to flush? Even with push button ones or the automatic ones that might be off timer-wise or broken.

I use my foot even if the damn thing is eye level. I'm NOT touching that thing.

To be honest, even in some friends/family homes, I'll still hover and use a napkin/tissue.

I really wish i had as much time on my hands as you do. serious.
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    the shoe, always