Would you Date/Marry an Older Man or Woman?

Options
12346»

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • MdmAcolyte
    MdmAcolyte Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I dated a man 20 years older than me and we had a great relationship, and even had a son together. Then he got crazy and I ended everything, but that had nothing to do with the age difference.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Sure. This will sound terrible, though, but if I did date someone older who looked his age it would be for serious purposes, because I was in love with his brain and personality. For casual dating, I want arm candy. Sorry guys! I'm shallow like that.
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Yes. Although I am married, on the "friend" aspect, I gravitate towards male/female friends that are older than me by quite a few years.

Part if it is that I matured quickly. By 24, I had 3 kids (set of twins and 1), a house, a car and truck, a degree, a career, a husband with 3 deployments under his belt, and alot of responsibilities. I gravitate towards older friends because many folks that I have met that are my OWN age, can't relate to everything. My priorities in life have differed alot from those I have met that are my age. I'm not making a blanket statement, but that's just to those I have come across in life. Theoretically, if my husband and I never got together, I could absolutely see myself with someone a few years old than me.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    absolutely. i love older men :)
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have somewhat of an age gap. I am 26 ( I will turn 27 in June,) and my husband will be 35 in September. I've always been attracted to older men to be honest. Furthermore, I've always had a hard time relating to my peer group, so I would usually gravitate towards people whom I have more in common with. Naturally, I ended up with an older man.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    My husband is almost 10 years older than me. I wouldn't have it any other way. Our relationship is amazing, and I've always been drawn to the older crowd both in friendships and other with men and women.
  • AlbaAngel25
    AlbaAngel25 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    My husband is 10 years older than me. I'm 26 hes 36. We've been married for 3 years and have a 15 month old daughter! It totally works. I never ever ever even notice an age different. We are very compatible. I keep him young ;)
  • RaineMarie
    RaineMarie Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is 9 years older than me (I'm 29 - he's 38) and its never been an issue for us. We've been together for a year. There are some older references that i obviously dont get, but I've never felt the age gap has made it difficult for us to have anything in common or anything to talk about. We are both officers in the military, and he outranks me by 2 grades - so that is really the only awkward thing that came up when we first started because our rank social groups are different, but after a year it doesnt really phase anyone.
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    A hundred years when I was in college, I had a brief, but very passionate relationship with a woman 9 years older than me. I was 23 at the time. The things she taught me! In the life of every young man, there should be an older woman. Now that I'm an older guy, it's natural that I would find younger women attractive. Physical attractiveness is one thing, emotional and intellectual attractiveness is something else and actually more important to the relationship the older you are. I'm also very aware of how "old" men can easily make fools of themselves and I don't want to fall into that category. I am married so this is a hypothetical answer, but I could date, and if we were compatible, marry a woman much younger than I. Absolutely could. There comes a point when age is just a number. At some point though that number becomes prominent on an insurance company acturial chart.. My concern would be that I would be able to make her happy and meet her needs long term as I continue to age. A younger woman would definitely help me to stay young. However, time marches on, and the thought of becoming a burden to her is something I wouldn't want.
  • creech6317
    creech6317 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I was with a man who was 14 years older than me (I was 21 and he was 35), we had a good relationship while it lasted. It never really factored into our relationship, the age difference. I think it may have been that he was just not as mature as he should have been, because as I got older I outgrew him.Other people noticed and commented on it way more than we ever tripped on it.

I now date guys who are usually 10+ years younger than me. They are a lot more fun and have enough energy to keep up with me, unlike the men my own age (early 40's), who always complain that I wear them out.
  • cuterbee
    cuterbee Posts: 545
    Options
    When I was 15, I dated a couple of guys who were 25 and 26 -- I wouldn't recommend that to anyone! (one of them was like a big kid, so he was quite a bit of fun -- and is still a friend -- the other one, though, was a creeper). I don't know what my parents were thinking!

In my 40s, I dated several men who were 20+ years older than me. After you're 40, it doesn't seem to matter all that much what age they are. The one I wound up marrying is actually 4 years younger than I am. :)
  • whitehairedguy64
    Options
    To my above response, I'd add that, if I were to be in a realationship with a significantly younger woman, and marriage was a real possibility, the age difference, possible health ramifications, and potential burden I could become, would be seriously discussed. As long as she understood and accepted the potential consequences, marriage would be ok. If there was any hint of doubt, then marriage would not be a possibility.
  • DamnImASexyBitch
    DamnImASexyBitch Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    When I was 15, I dated a couple of guys who were 25 and 26 -- I wouldn't recommend that to anyone! (one of them was like a big kid, so he was quite a bit of fun -- and is still a friend -- the other one, though, was a creeper). I don't know what my parents were thinking!

In my 40s, I dated several men who were 20+ years older than me. After you're 40, it doesn't seem to matter all that much what age they are. The one I wound up marrying is actually 4 years younger than I am. :)

When you were 15? That's pedophila! Over my dead body would I allow either of my teenage daughters to date anyone over the age of 18!