HELP!! NutriBullet for blending smoothies?

Options
124»

Replies

• la_vie_est_belle_
    la_vie_est_belle_ Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have a nutribullet. it works pretty well. the one downside of it is that you can't put that much stuff in it....the containers aren't big enough...
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I love my nutribullet! My staple ingredients are baby spinach, fresh pineapple and half a banana...then whatever frozen fruit I have. Sometimes the color is nasty but the fruit makes it sweet and well...fruity, I never taste the spinach and the banana gives it a smooth consistency. I'll have a smoothie for breakfast and it keeps me we'll satisfied until lunch.
  • luvred51
    luvred51 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • laneer75
    laneer75 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I have a Ninja blender which I *love*!! I've had it for about three years, and have used it a LOT. It pulverizes anything I throw in there (including spinach!)
  • katy84o
    katy84o Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    On the cleaning of regular blender have you tried putting water and soap in it and blending? By far the easiest way to clean them right after using.

I do this to when I've used flaxseeds or any type of dairy. Otherwise I just rinse immediately with hot hot water.

Also, I got a second hand blender for $5 that works wonderfully. I had to replace the bottom of the pitcher, the plastic part broke, and I was able to get a replacement from ebay for $3. I've had it for over two years now. Still work great. My mom has the nutri bullet and she LOVES it! The reason i've stuck with the bigger blender is because I put soups like butternut squash, mushroom garlic, or anything that needs to be blended. I don't think the Nutri-bullet is as universal. I could be wrong though.

The only thing I have heard for sure is that the magic is nowhere near as good as the nutri
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Well now I know what I want for Christmas! :D
  • eliza_valdez
    Options
    I absolutely love my nutri bullet! Its easy and fast because you can take the cup along with having to clean up all the mess and putting it away. Just make sure you use the right cup because you'll not suppose to fill it to the top .
  • AZBob1956
    AZBob1956 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Just bought a bullet from Costco, on sale, $75, made two smoothies. Where have been all my life? Next up, fresh hummus:tongue:
  • abble_pie
    abble_pie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have a magic bullet and I use it for making smoothies... for some reason it will NOT blend frozen mangoes, they just sit in chunks at the bottom and i eat them when my smoothie is all gone lol. I love it, but would like a more powerful model so I can add things like carrots or other harder veggies in my smoothies, for now I just add spinach. I love it for smoothies, I've been thinking of upgrading to the nutribullet.
  • Lundi5
    Lundi5 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet and a magic bullet. The Nutribullet is more powerful. It will macerate my spinach, frozen raspberries, frozen mango chunks, almost any frozen fruit, vanilla greek yogurt, organic soy milk or almond milk into a nice smoothie (if you want it thinner add water.).
    I have had peanut butter and bananas but I don't like the flavour they give (too much for my taste buds). With the raspberries the smoothie is more red than green (spinach) and you barely taste the spinach. I usually put 1-2 cups of baby spinach in my smoothies.
  • AtlGlamBabe34
    AtlGlamBabe34 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    As others have said, A NutriBullet is the way to go! I have used mine to make plenty of green smoothies, and if you let it run a minute or so, most everything gets pureed, even frozen berries and ice. The exception is raspberry seeds. I have also used it to make homemade coconut butter from flakes, which takes a few minutes, but the NB can and does liquefy the coconut. I'm pretty sure it would make amazing nut butters and flours too. I have never had a problem with leaking, but I really tighten the lid every time, to the point it's sometimes hard to open, so YMMV in that regard. The cups and blades are easy to clean, or they can be put in the dishwasher (although I prefer a quick hand wash since it's much faster). Definitely do the BB&B 20% off coupon on one, and enjoy!
  • cmfisher84
    cmfisher84 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I love my Ninja Prep. I do a coffee smoothie and it is wonderful.