Carb Addict!!!!

Options

Replies

• Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Don't tell yourself you can't have it, that often leads to eating a ton of it later. If you want it, have a little but just be in moderation and add it to your log. I eat chocolate or a cookie EVERY single day but I'm losing weight because I just have small amounts and fit it into my daily allotment.

One thing that helps me to have less is to put it off. I want a cookie? Then I can have one. In an hour. When the hour is up I tell myself to wait again for an hour. Usually I will finally have it at some point in the evening but by saying I CAN have it, just later, I don't feel as deprived. Then only having one feels just fine.
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options
    Don't tell yourself you can't have it, that often leads to eating a ton of it later. If you want it, have a little but just be in moderation and add it to your log. I eat chocolate or a cookie EVERY single day but I'm losing weight because I just have small amounts and fit it into my daily allotment.

One thing that helps me to have less is to put it off. I want a cookie? Then I can have one. In an hour. When the hour is up I tell myself to wait again for an hour. Usually I will finally have it at some point in the evening but by saying I CAN have it, just later, I don't feel as deprived. Then only having one feels just fine.

That's sounds exhausting to me. I'm well and truly glad to be done with the constant obsession with food.

By all means moderate if you can OP but another option is to severely restrict those foods so you don't want them at all. It only takes a few weeks to get them out of your system. Save the treats for special occasions and celebrations instead of battling cravings daily.
  • TammyWesting
    TammyWesting Posts: 3 Member
    Options

That's sounds exhausting to me. I'm well and truly glad to be done with the constant obsession with food.

By all means moderate if you can OP but another option is to severely restrict those foods so you don't want them at all. It only takes a few weeks to get them out of your system. Save the treats for special occasions and celebrations instead of battling cravings daily.
    I cut them out too. It's too soon to tell if it'll be effective long term or not but it feels AMAZING not having to deal with that more, more, more compulsion. Even if I end up binging some point in the future that's still better then being tortured everyday since a small amount is never enough for me. So far, so good. *knocks on wood*
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Do you eat your cake and cookies in the bathroom stall too?

I finally feel less alone
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    The peptides from gluten can react with opiate receptors in the brain, thus mimicking the effects of opiate drugs like heroin and morphine.

so yes, you probably are addicted. treat it as such. good luck!

What evidence of this in humans?

I saw a documentary on that once. Sugar addiction is a scary thing.

Tyrone2.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

youre not alone.

though i had to switch to vanilla frosted cake...i had an unfortunate......"incident" while eating in a bathroom stall
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I sold my middle kid for some carbs. My addiction knows no bounds.
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

youre not alone.

though i had to switch to vanilla frosted cake...i had an unfortunate......"incident" while eating in a bathroom stall

Will you sponsor me and hold my hand?

Or just hold me.....yeah, just hold me. I'll feed you cake in the stall.

Anything you want
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of people claiming addiction for every little stupid thing...

Exercise some self control...it's food...you are not addicted to anything...you lack self control.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    giphy.gif
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

youre not alone.

Anything you want

im here for you.

no really...open the front blinds. im *here* for you. *with* you....
  • ElnuevoAdrian
    ElnuevoAdrian Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Exercise some self control...it's food...you are not addicted to anything...you lack self control.

Carb addiction isn't a stupid little thing. Please don't insinuate that people on MFP are lacking self control. It is that thought process that makes people quit their goals all together because they feel hopeless. If weight loss was as easy and simple as having the proper self control, less people would be obese. There is more to it than lack of self control. There are real things as withdrawals from sugar and addiction to sugar.
  • Factory_Reset
    Options

youre not alone.

Anything you want

im here for you.

no really...open the front blinds. im *here* for you. *with* you....

I'm only letting you in if you take a bath.

I NEED to sniff your bath water

and then drink it

mmmm............I may have a couple of addictions
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    IKR!! I am constantly working the glory holes at truck stops to earn money to buy sugar satchels.
  • nikkihk
    nikkihk Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Detox. Srsly. Give yourself a couple of weeks off of the sugar. Instead, eat whole grains and fruit. It'll get easier.

Fruit contains sugar too, how is that 'detox'?

The sugar in a little debbie is not the same sugar you get from a fresh fruit. One has completely empty unnatural sugars your body will turn immediately into toxic fat because your body isn't sure what to do with it, the other is nutrient rich and immediately burnable. Plus fruit contains fiber that aides in digestion where a little debbie just "sticks to your thighs".
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Carb addiction isn't a stupid little thing. Please don't insinuate that people on MFP are lacking self control. It is that thought process that makes people quit their goals all together because they feel hopeless. If weight loss was as easy and simple as having the proper self control, less people would be obese. There is more to it than lack of self control. There are real things as withdrawals from sugar and addiction to sugar.

:flowerforyou:
  • cwolfman13
    Options

:flowerforyou:

So...you puke your guts out when you forgo your cookie break? Please...pathetic....
  • AlabasterVerve
    AlabasterVerve Posts: 3,171 Member
    Options

I've never claimed to be a carb addict but I can tell you it was EXACTLY like smoking for me. What hubris to think you and you alone have struggled and anyone else's experiences pale in comparison to yours.
  • cwolfman13
    Options
    Detox. Srsly. Give yourself a couple of weeks off of the sugar. Instead, eat whole grains and fruit. It'll get easier.

Fruit contains sugar too, how is that 'detox'?

The sugar in a little debbie is not the same sugar you get from a fresh fruit. One has completely empty unnatural sugars your body will turn immediately into toxic fat because your body isn't sure what to do with it, the other is nutrient rich and immediately burnable. Plus fruit contains fiber that aides in digestion where a little debbie just "sticks to your thighs".

If someone is an alcoholic does it matter if the alcohol comes from wine or tequilla?
  • cwolfman13
    Options

I've never claimed to be a carb addict but I can tell you it was EXACTLY like smoking for me. What hubris to think you and you alone have struggled and anyone else's experiences pale in comparison to yours.

Struggle =/= addiction...just another someone who doesn't know what the **** they are talking about and just wants to shout addiction from the mountain tops....