May Mini Challenge

Options
I'm setting a mini-goal to hit by May 1st, to help keep me on track for my "ultimate goal". I'd like to be in the 160s by then. I already know a few of you are in for this but I wanted to open it up to anyone else who may need a little motivation to get them thru the next month and a half or so.

So, who's in????????

Replies

• PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,743 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I hit my original goal of 145, but I realized I still have a little more fine-tuning to go. Maybe 5 more pounds, maybe 10. So I'm shooting for hitting 140 by May 1 (and if I get closer to 135, I won't complain). Thanks!
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    Sounds attainable Jill!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I want in!!! Id like to be down to 225 by may! wohooo :smile:
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    10 lbs by then. 160

373158.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    So where are you starting at? I'm at 176, since I want to be in the 160s I'll "technically" be there in 6 lbs. So I'm really shooting for mid 160s but anywhere in that range I'll accept! :bigsmile:
  • SunnySmiles22
    Options
    Count me in!!! 150 by May 1st!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Im at 231.5 as of last sat.. I weigh in again this Saturday... I really wanna be down more but 225 isnt so far away but I havent seen that number in foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I go for 225 by then if I hit lower even better woohooo
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    155 by May 1st! :smile:
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Alright ladies we can do this! I took a day off today to be lazy :blushing:. I felt like my body needed an extra break cause I busted my butt to get into the 170s But I'll be back at it and attending spinning class tomorrow! Catch up with you all tomorrow!
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    Alright ladies we can do this! I took a day off today to be lazy :blushing:. I felt like my body needed an extra break cause I busted my butt to get into the 170s But I'll be back at it and attending spinning class tomorrow! Catch up with you all tomorrow!
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me! 197 by may 1! Let's get there!
    106354.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • aimeeclaire
    aimeeclaire Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I want to be down 10lbs by May 1!
  • Brutustoms
    Options
    I am in!!!!!! 180 by May 1!!!! Well I hope so anyway!!!!
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    135 by 5/1 (which just sounds totally crazy since I haven't been in the 130's since I was in my early teens! Starting at 140.4 Ultimate goal is 130 and then I'll reevaluate :wink:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    155 by May 1st! :smile:

I guess I should put my stats:

Current Weight: 161
    Goal by May 1: 155
    Total Pounds to Lose: 6
    Weeks until May 1: 8

I could probably go lower in the goal, but since I have been in a recent plateau, I want to push back into losing easy. :tongue:
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    You know I'm in! Start weight 190.4 Goal Weight 175!
  • aisser
    aisser Posts: 232
    Options
    I would like to join I am at 168 right now and would like to be at about 150 by May if not more I want to get down to 138 that is my goal weight.
  • Fayegill
    Fayegill Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm in.... I'd like to be 165 by Mat 1st. That's 2 pounds a week. I've been on a plateau for the past month.
    Any advice to speed this up. Maybe we can talk about our best weight loss trick. Mine is start with a healthy breakfeast.
  • mszSHOGAN
    Options
    I recently got an "on line" trainer - she used to date my brother and is an actual personal trainer and we've been e-mailing back and forth and I've been getting great info from her. She said I need more protein in my breakfast (I normally eat oatmeal or Special K), so today I had eggs. She also suggested whey protein powder mixed with yogurt and berries. She also said to not go more than 4-5 hours without eating because your body needs something to burn. Even if its a piece of fruit or something it's best to eat something to prevent your body from going into starvation mode. Even though I normally eat every 4 hours or so I'm going to make sure I don't skip out (no matter how busy I am). My body is FAR from starving so I don't want to put it in a state where it thinks it is! :laugh:
  • cdickey
    cdickey Posts: 230
    Options
    I would like in too! I'd like to be at 245 by May 1st. I've been stuck for 2 months though so I'm going to have to figure out how to break this plateau.

CW 255.6
    GW 245

What day are we weighing in?