Special Thing About You

Options
If you were to name one thing that is unique/special about you that most people don't know or would be surprised to learn about you--what would it be?

Replies

• dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    My cupped left hand measures out exactly one tablespoon. I'm very handy that way.
  • thnksfrthmmrs
    thnksfrthmmrs Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    My cupped left hand measures out exactly one tablespoon. I'm very handy that way.

I could do with having you around!
  • beernpizza
    beernpizza Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    My elbows are double jointed.
  • Cindy873
    Cindy873 Posts: 1,165
    Options

Mine, too. I can hyperextend them. Can anyone recommend an actual use for this skill? :)
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options

Mine, too. I can hyperextend them. Can anyone recommend an actual use for this skill? :)

I can, but modesty (and my wife) forbids it. :)
  • devastation77
    Options

Waving down a taxi?
  • Terasome
    Terasome Posts: 3,808 Member
    Options
    I have a Master :wink:
  • louisel809
    Options
    I am very small 4 ft 10 but I have exceptionally large feet.
  • imchicbad
    imchicbad Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I can bend like cirque du sole il
  • BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY
    BACONJOKESRSOFUNNY Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Can fart on demand.
  • victoria090
    victoria090 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    ...I have insane control of my eyes - if it were possible they'd be double jointed. One can go right while the other looks left..one up one down...its weird
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I have anisocoria which means my pupils are two different sizes. I only discovered this fact about myself a few years ago when I had a cluster headache come on and my vision was doing weird things. I was looking in the mirror and noticed the difference. When you have sparkly weirdness in your vision and then notice your pupils are two different sizes it can really freak a girl out! I went to the doctor and got checked out. Apparently I'm one of the 20% of the population that this is normal for. I looked at pictures of me dating back several years and I've apparently had it a long time!
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    <---stache whistles when I run.
  • SuperSexyDork
    SuperSexyDork Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options

Hey! Whaddya know? I have one too!

Oh and I'm legally blind in only my right eye... and have incomplete tear ducts so if I hold my mouth and nose closed and blow, I whistle through my tear ducts...
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have synesthesia. Whenever I hear music, I think and see colors. Middle C is forest green and it goes up in brightness as it goes up the scale. The key directly behind middle C is blue, and it goes all the way down to black. My favorite span of color is light purple to orange, with a little soft lemony yellow in there.

Yes, Steely Dan, Rush and most twangy, nasally country music comes in as an ugly muddy yellow brown and tastes like gun metal. Any song in the 3/4 time signature style (all waltzes) comes in as a soft, fluffy pink that tastes like cotton candy or bubble gum.

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives me. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.
  • Mom2boysca
    Mom2boysca Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I've had shingles twice!

I can read 300 page books in a matter of an hour or two max.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I pee really fast.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    I have synesthesia. Whenever I hear music, I think and see colors. Middle C is forest green and it goes up in brightness as it goes up the scale. The key directly behind middle C is blue, and it goes all the way down to black. My favorite span of color is light purple to orange, with a little soft lemony yellow in there.

Yes, Steely Dan, Rush and most twangy, nasally country music comes in as an ugly muddy yellow brown and tastes like gun metal. Any song in the 3/4 time signature style (all waltzes) comes in as a soft, fluffy pink that tastes like cotton candy or bubble gum.

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives me. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.

This is fascinating. What color is Radiohead?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options

Nice! :wink:
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

This is fascinating. What color is Radiohead?

Which song? I get different colors for each song, so I would have to give a specific song a listen to tell you. Most of the songs that stay within certain color spectrums for me are songs from the bands of the 70s: CSN, Peter Gabriel, Kansas, Genesis, Todd Rundgren, etc. The crap that is out today doesn't send me the colors, because it's, well, crap music with no discernible artistic style in it.

I also get these colors from classical music, along with mood and flavor responses.