I used to bellydance..I miss it very much
  • autovatic
    autovatic Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I sent ants into space. :)
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I write poetry, have a knack for it. Not too many 6.4 guys do that :-)
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I know how to hypnotize a lobster.

I also can identify if a lobster is male or female.
  • Raimi1990
    Options
    I like to collect things shaped like cupcakes, as well as decorative erasers.
  • kokalvt
    kokalvt Posts: 143
    Options
    After Shades of Grey, I am completely addicted to erotic novels...and use what I've learned!
  • alexbusnello
    alexbusnello Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I can put my hands together and make them do the worm and bend them back and forth.
  • slboston
    Options
    I have been riding horses since the day my parents brought me home from the hospital. Literally. :)
  • Cherry_blossom73
    Cherry_blossom73 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm a natural redhead oh an I have crazy double jointed fingers.
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I write poetry, have a knack for it. Not too many 6.4 guys do that :-)

With ya on this one bro; published poet, musician, and author trapped in a defensive end's body. Nice to meet another one.
  • johnjkkelly
    Options
    I kinda want to read fifty shades of gray now
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    I have synesthesia. Whenever I hear music, I think and see colors. Middle C is forest green and it goes up in brightness as it goes up the scale. The key directly behind middle C is blue, and it goes all the way down to black. My favorite span of color is light purple to orange, with a little soft lemony yellow in there.

Yes, Steely Dan, Rush and most twangy, nasally country music comes in as an ugly muddy yellow brown and tastes like gun metal. Any song in the 3/4 time signature style (all waltzes) comes in as a soft, fluffy pink that tastes like cotton candy or bubble gum.

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives me. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.

I have a bit of that as well being a musician...more specifically, Chromesthesia as related to colors that I see when I play/perform as well as listen. Not to your extent, but I do understand and it is interesting how music can be perceived. If you haven't seen this list, you might find it interesting for those with various forms of synesthesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia. Some great quotes there by some great artists. Thanks for the share. I have only met one other person in my life as a musician who sees colors. You would be the second. Very cool, at least to me.
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    I have synesthesia. Whenever I hear music, I think and see colors. Middle C is forest green and it goes up in brightness as it goes up the scale. The key directly behind middle C is blue, and it goes all the way down to black. My favorite span of color is light purple to orange, with a little soft lemony yellow in there.

Yes, Steely Dan, Rush and most twangy, nasally country music comes in as an ugly muddy yellow brown and tastes like gun metal. Any song in the 3/4 time signature style (all waltzes) comes in as a soft, fluffy pink that tastes like cotton candy or bubble gum.

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives me. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.

I have a bit of that as well being a musician...more specifically, Chromesthesia as related to colors that I see when I play/perform as well as listen. Not to your extent, but I do understand and it is interesting how music can be perceived. If you haven't seen this list, you might find it interesting for those with various forms of synesthesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia. Some great quotes there by some great artists. Thanks for the share. I have only met one other person in my life as a musician who sees colors. You would be the second. Very cool, at least to me.

This is really REALLY cool. I'm extremely jealous.
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I'm double jointed too! Hands, fingers, shoulders and hips all hyperextend. Nice to see others are the same!
  • Angela_2_Oh
    Angela_2_Oh Posts: 579 Member
    Options

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.

As a music buff, I find this really cool.
  • yankeefamily05
    Options
    I was a music major in college. I sing, play the flute, baritone and can find my way around a keyboard:)...Not many know those facts about me! So its special!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I can remember random facts, MANY MANY random facts.

If I hear a line from a song I can almost always sing the rest of it or identify what it is that's playing, even in a noisy public place (I can always identify background music).
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I can paint pretty landscapes in watercolor, strum a little guitar, and I am involved in my city government.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I can quote entire movies and dialogues, after only having seen/heard them once or twice. Not particularly useful, unless I need to entertain my mom and siblings while we're stuck in traffic for hours on a closed mountain highway and I decide to "play" them Beauty and the Beast, all from out of my head. Which I did once.