Replies

• Joshacham
    Joshacham Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I can wiggle my ears... one at a time.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I can quote entire movies and dialogues, after only having seen/heard them once or twice. Not particularly useful, unless I need to entertain my mom and siblings while we're stuck in traffic for hours on a closed mountain highway and I decide to "play" them Beauty and the Beast, all from out of my head. Which I did once.
    I did that as a teenager with Back to the Future. :-)
  • loolabell15
    Options
    I am a total school nerd. I teach middle school English and love teaching grammar. I can name every part of speech in a sentence.
  • susanswan
    susanswan Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm a pretty good speller (typing ability aside!) but I always want to write a "b" when a "p" is called for and vice versa. I found out when I got my first computer, I did the same thing with typing.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I have a Master :wink:

Nice! :wink:

With all the winking, I'm guessing you aren't talking about Masters degrees are you?
    LOL

Edit: Forgot my special thing when I was distracted by Master talk. ANYWAY... I paint
  • barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    OK, I do have something special to report about me, some of my MFP friends know this but not all, and NONE of you know this...

back when I was much younger, back in 1985, I worked for a (now) famous fashion designer, and I made leather clothes for BILLY IDOL!!! my first jacket for him is on the cover of VITAL IDOL...also, I made the first fanny pack available in the US, which I made for BILLY....it showed up in the stores 6 months later....

I also have an open diary

wmgf2o.jpg
  • CombatGirl93
    CombatGirl93 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I can lick my nose with my tongue...
    Yep..
    I was a popular one at primary school :wink:
  • loolabell15
    Options
    OK, I do have something special to report about me, some of my MFP friends know this but not all, and NONE of you know this...

back when I was much younger, back in 1985, I worked for a (now) famous fashion designer, and I made leather clothes for BILLY IDOL!!! my first jacket for him is on the cover of VITAL IDOL...also, I made the first fanny pack available in the US, which I made for BILLY....it showed up in the stores 6 months later....

I also have an open diary

wmgf2o.jpg

Awesome!
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I slimed fish for the Reverend Sun Yung Moon.
  • ssgtamputee
    Options
    I survived a bomb blast.
  • baldzach
    baldzach Posts: 1,841 Member
    Options
    I survived a bomb blast.
    This may sound cliche, but I am profoundly grateful for your service to our country. Thank you so much!
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    chauncyrenayCHANGED Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I was a contestant on Wheel of Fortune.
  • bethygirlie
    bethygirlie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have directional dyslexia. Like if you tell me to go left I will automatically go right and vice versa. If I'm getting directions from someone in the car they have to say "your way" or "my way" or point or I will automatically go in the opposite direction. I don't know why this is, lol
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I'm a writer and once completed a full novel in 16 days. Of course, I lost a LOT of sleep to do this.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I started kindergarten when I was four. I had to test in to start that early. When they asked me to count to 10, I asked "In English or in Spanish?"
    Because of this, I was one of the youngest (if not the youngest) people in my high school graduating class.
  • Controversial
    Controversial Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I can make myself cry on demand.

I can grow my hair Crystal Gail long, and have (donated it). According to my stylist, this is rare.

And I play classical piano.
  • cubbie_girl
    cubbie_girl Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I survived a bomb blast.

I salute you sir.

Something special, I think, about me - my family (even my now ex) laughed when I said I wanted to be in the military. They said I just wasn't the military type. Two tours in Iraq and one in Afghanistan later, they aren't laughing. I could never be a Marine - you guys are CRAZY! But I will be forever grateful for Marine's like you who have made it possible for us AF peeps to safely do our jobs.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    everything about me is special
  • JackKsavestheday
    JackKsavestheday Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I paint, train small animals, I tattoo (once with my eyes closed), can wiggle my ears and country line dance. That last one is the shocker.
  • CrazyTrackLady
    CrazyTrackLady Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I have synesthesia. Whenever I hear music, I think and see colors. Middle C is forest green and it goes up in brightness as it goes up the scale. The key directly behind middle C is blue, and it goes all the way down to black. My favorite span of color is light purple to orange, with a little soft lemony yellow in there.

Yes, Steely Dan, Rush and most twangy, nasally country music comes in as an ugly muddy yellow brown and tastes like gun metal. Any song in the 3/4 time signature style (all waltzes) comes in as a soft, fluffy pink that tastes like cotton candy or bubble gum.

I like or dislike music based on the colors it gives me. If it's in a nasty color shade, I won't listen to it. If it is a pleasant color palette, I will add it to my Ipod.

I have a bit of that as well being a musician...more specifically, Chromesthesia as related to colors that I see when I play/perform as well as listen. Not to your extent, but I do understand and it is interesting how music can be perceived. If you haven't seen this list, you might find it interesting for those with various forms of synesthesia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_with_synesthesia. Some great quotes there by some great artists. Thanks for the share. I have only met one other person in my life as a musician who sees colors. You would be the second. Very cool, at least to me.

It sounds as though Chromosthesia is a more appropriate term here then! And I think it's cool you are a musician with it -- do you WRITE songs or the music based on your colors? I think it would be cool to write a song that is entirely based on the colors the notes produce. Make it your instrumental color wheel, so to speak.

I have NO musical talent.