How many miles can you run?

Options

Replies

• Hbazzell
    Hbazzell Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    I can't run on tredmills! I I always kick the front and run up too close on the console...plus the sound of my feet pounding on the belt resembles the sound of a earthquake or herd of rhinos.
  • vikingheart
    Options
    I'm training for a half marathon at the end of march, but the most I've done to date is 6 miles.
  • KatherineStar
    KatherineStar Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I did my first half marathon in October a few months before that I couldn't run for one minute. We jogged the whole way and did 2hrs31. The Nike running app was great for training :)
    Now I try and do a 5k at the gym 3 times a week but it is boring running on a treadmill, will be going outside when it's a bit warmer.
  • welshpoppy
    welshpoppy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Longest I have run in one go or race is 30 miles it was very tough but enjoyable:-)
  • LIswimmer51
    Options
    not a lot, maybe like 5 or 6 miles... on a good day.
  • holly1283
    holly1283 Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    0!! I don't run....can't even if I wanted to. The impact jars my bad knee and sends me crashing to the ground in pain. Every time I hurt myself, it was because I was running somewhere, whether hurrying or playing so I just don't anymore. Other forms of exercise are safer for me!!
    This. I can swim over a mile at a time. Happy with that.
  • sarahbrown1015
    sarahbrown1015 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    2.85 and proud of it! 3.1 next week and still climbing!
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I can't run on tredmills! I I always kick the front and run up too close on the console...plus the sound of my feet pounding on the belt resembles the sound of a earthquake or herd of rhinos.

Hahaha.... I know what you mean!
  • scruffykaz
    scruffykaz Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    oh probably about 5 steps!!
  • triciaj66
    triciaj66 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    almost 4 miles
  • Ironandruns
    Ironandruns Posts: 24 Member
    Options
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I run 8 miles twice a week. I haven't tried anymore. I never tracked the distance when I was in the Army. The longest was probably a 1/2 marathon.
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    :OO Some people have went a lot of miles.

The most I can run is 5-6 miles. That's all I've ever tried, which would take me around an hour. I usually don't run for a couple hours...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I usually get tired around 7 or 8 miles.

The most I've run is 13
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    5.4 so far. First 13.1 booked at the end of April:smile:
  • happyfitgirl
    happyfitgirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I ran my first marathon Nov. 2011. Just know that if you get to that level you can easily lose it! I'm now back to only 3 miles. The training was really intense and I probably would not run another marathon but it was one of the most personally fulfilling things I have ever done.
  • squirrelythegreat
    squirrelythegreat Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Furthest to date has been 12 miles. I run 5-10 miles typically when I'm running often. Occasionally run a fast 3 to mix it up. Planning on doing a half marathon in the spring / early summer.
  • Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    The most I've ever run was 26.2 miles. I probably could do more, but I really wouldn't want to...:wink:
    same here...and I'm not sure I'd want to do 26.2 again!! :noway:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    I am up to 12 and working on getting to a 1/2 marathon. A year ago I finished C25K. You just keep working on it.
  • cassiepv
    cassiepv Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I run 2to 3 miles a couple times a week . I have to run on a treadmill :(