MFP has replaced Facebook

Options

Replies

• purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Me too! I deleted my account in December. What a time waste!

I deleted my FB account recently too.
  • sparkly86
    sparkly86 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    same here! this is way more conducive!
  • LexThaSongbyrd
    LexThaSongbyrd Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I totally agree! :) I'm much more interested in reading about nutrition and weight loss than stuff facebook
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Options
    So true! Tired of the whining and lame videos on FB. I am new to MFP and would welcome more friends to exchange positive messages of support and encouragement.
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    And I thought I was the only one...who was never on FB!
  • iCupCakeNZ
    iCupCakeNZ Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    exactly mfp is my facebook now, because no one judges and everyone here is more real! i love my mfp <3
  • Plussize41
    Plussize41 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes yes it has for me
  • ElizaRoche
    ElizaRoche Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    nope, I use/like both, for different reasons
  • LeahRandom
    LeahRandom Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I still use facebook, but I get more out of MFP, and I only have 8 friends, none of whom I have met in person! It's great to see so many people working to better themselves.
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. Also I love the fact the people on here are not in my business. On facebook everything you say is dissected.
  • miriamwithcats
    miriamwithcats Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I did recently change my home page to MFP since I am here more often, but I have to admit that I check FB several times a day too. It is a free way to keep in touch with my one son, by IM there, and also... I live in conservative, Republican small town Iowa, but am very liberal and accepting of alternative lifestyles, so I keep in touch with friends like me in other states. Otherwise I would lose my mind... more than I have already!
  • luvnlaffs
    luvnlaffs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I do the same!!!! I need that boost of inspiration to get me going :) So, that being said, feel free to add me!! I am relatively new here and I can use to support and would love to encourage others as well! Together we CAN do this :)
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I feel like the usage of FB has been tapering off at least for the people on my friends list. I don't see alot of updates on there unless they are political. I love MFP and how encouraging everyone is. MFP is definitely the new facebook.
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I'm anti FB...killed my account years ago w/too much sleuthing & drama going on....I enjoy the support and info on here....but...reading some community posts I do see 111# anorexic girls starving for attention with their sob stories that no one loves them because they need to drop another few lbs....or meat heads saying they're going "hoggin" for big girls.....sad that these few people feel the need to corrupt and abuse MFP....totally not what it's intended use is.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I am part of a "lifestyle change and support" type group on FB so I do log in to check that, however I find that MFP is WAY more active than that group lately. I use MFP everyday, and I do have to say I probably use it more than FB now. It is definately more supportive and I love rushing to enter in a pound lost on MFP where on FB I don't think I would get close to the same reaction if I posted every time I lost a pound lol :P
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Ive only been on facebook twice in the last 2 weeks, Im on MFP from morning til bedtime,even on my phone when i'm out &bout. gotta see how everyone is doing. I use to be on WW up until a few weeks ago online but the help here is so amazing and the food database is far more supieror on MFP and it free.
  • bamagrrrl
    bamagrrrl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I call this facebook for fitness lol
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    about the same here. I usually will do the facebook first because it is so quick. If there is little time it is MFP all the way. I love this link. I need to see I can do it too and the people that post here are a constant source of inspiration and hope. Thanks to all of you!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    me two! Im on here for hours if i feel like binging, its really the only thing that stops me right now, reading the success stories and diet tips.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I admit I do more on here then FB....this is the place to be when trying to lose weight! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!