MFP has replaced Facebook

Options

Replies

• GettingHealthy2013
    Options
    Exactly the same for me! The only reason I keep my facebook is to stay connected with family that lives in other states. I only spend 15 minutes a day on facebook. I spend most of my time here, with mostly supportive people!
  • ambascom
    Options
    So true! In the last week I have barely been on FB. In fact, I was just scrolling through my news feed thinking there is nothing good going on, just lots of stupid pointless posts. At least here I'm not afraid to say "been working out! Lost 2 lbs this week!" On fb, if I said that, I would not get the same reaction as I do here. Thank you MFP for such a great community of people with a common goal!
  • mhk0719
    mhk0719 Posts: 255
    Options
    Same for me, too!
  • wannadance
    Options
    I am the same!!! Ever since I discovered MFP, I barely even go on FB anymore!

^^ this to a T :)

Ever since becoming more active in the community / with my MFP friends, FB has dwindled to a "oops, I have facebook - maybe i should see what people have been doing" (also deleted all my FB "friends" except people I actually consider friends and my family.. meh)
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    I'm anti FB...killed my account years ago w/too much sleuthing & drama going on....I enjoy the support and info on here....but...reading some community posts I do see 111# anorexic girls starving for attention with their sob stories that no one loves them because they need to drop another few lbs....or meat heads saying they're going "hoggin" for big girls.....sad that these few people feel the need to corrupt and abuse MFP....totally not what it's intended use is.

Yikes.

I guess that's why I stick to this section (success stories) and the occasional fun/odd thread.

No point in negativity, I think we are all hard enough on ourselves as it is.
  • seriouslypinkchick
    seriouslypinkchick Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Gotta admit I'm addicted to this site lol n I do still use fb but not many of my friends even know I'm losing weight oh I can't wait to post b4 n after pics on here n there but if I had to choose it be MFP all the way :)
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Me too...sort of! I am on MFP way more then facebook! :heart:
  • petersonabt
    petersonabt Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am the same way lol.
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Couldn't agree more. I wish I knew my MFP friends in real life. I only go to FB anymore to see what's happening with family out of state. I'd much rather come here!
  • DebraYvonne
    DebraYvonne Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Me too -- having a common goal of getting fit -- trumps the drama of facebook. I do however keep up pics, etc. with my family & friends on FB
  • slimcakelady
    slimcakelady Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    MFP is more benefical to me than FB. At least I'm on a site with like-minded people who are out to change their lives in a positive way. Most of my FB friends don't share my healthy lifestyle goals and probably aren't as supportive as all the complete strangers I proudly call my MFP friends. With this being my second time around, I'm embracing the social networking aspect of this site which I didn't do the first time around. I think this is part of the successes I'm having this time around, and I am more dedicated to logging my food and exercise. I can already see how much better I'm doing this time around, and it's helpful to have people who genuinely support and are willing to share ideas, successes, and failures without being judgmental...LOVE IT!!!
  • PReiss828
    PReiss828 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I call this facebook for fitness lol

I said exactly the same thing to one of my friends the other day...I love this site...like everyone else, I love how everybody is so encouraging and postive and we're all here for the common goal..no one is judging us. I love seeing all the recipes (I feel like I'll never get through reading them all). This has just been a wonderful find for me!
  • Hey_you_over_there
    Options
    MFP is more benefical to me than FB. At least I'm on a site with like-minded people who are out to change their lives in a positive way. Most of my FB friends don't share my healthy lifestyle goals and probably aren't as supportive as all the complete strangers I proudly call my MFP friends. With this being my second time around, I'm embracing the social networking aspect of this site which I didn't do the first time around. I think this is part of the successes I'm having this time around, and I am more dedicated to logging my food and exercise. I can already see how much better I'm doing this time around, and it's helpful to have people who genuinely support and are willing to share ideas, successes, and failures without being judgmental...LOVE IT!!!

I've found the social aspect of it more helpful than I thought I would be.

The more people I "friend" here the more people I can see succeed as well as struggle. It helps.

And of course seeing the people struggle THEN slam dunk it just motivates me that much more!
  • Michellelmt
    Michellelmt Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    My husband said just today that I have replaced FB with FATbook...which really ticked me off! He thought it was funny...which it kinda was...but it still sorta hurt my feelings. Actually, he is my biggest cheerleader & has been incredibly supportive. He later apologized. The truth of the matter is, I deactivated my FB account a month ago because I wanted to get rid of all the toxic crap in my life. Best decision I ever could have made! MFP has become my POSITIVE family...& I love you all :)

Blessings :flowerforyou:
    Michelle
  • linbert57
    linbert57 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I love MFP. I still go to fb to play a few games, but I find myself here more and more. I have more reasons to be here
  • wonderwomn27
    wonderwomn27 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yup,,me 2!! its a great thing!!!
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    MFP for life, facebook who? Love MFP, the only thing that annoying is when people say nice burn why or why. You can get the odd person who can be a bit much with over commentng. However love MFP and tell peps who want to lose weigh to join MFP all time
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I agree. I am on here constantly. On here my friends and I have a common goal. Facebook noby really cares. To much drama for me on facebook.

I think the same thing ^^
    I've hardly logged onto FB since finding MFP.
  • ukloveme
    ukloveme Posts: 125
    Options
    Fatbook sorry but that funny I cant stop laughing hehe
  • SquidandWhale
    Options
    I'm pretty done with Facebook. I miss being able to tell people news in person rather than have them congratulate you on something they saw on Facebook. It's weird that it's the new normal for how we communicate. I've kept my weight loss off F'book so that when people actually see me they'll be surprised.

I love being around such lovely, inspiring folks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!