What do you have for breakfast?

Options
123457»

Replies

• killervogel5
    killervogel5 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My usual is a homemade breakfast sandwich: 1 serving (0.25 cup) egg substitute, a thin slice of deli ham, 1 slice cheese of choice (I prefer muenster), and a whole grain deli flat roll (Arnold, Pepperidge Farm or the like). Good fiber and good protein for me to make it from my breakfast at 7 to lunch at 12:30 without snacking, and I wash it down with 3/4 cup of whatever orange juice I have in the house so that my body focuses on burning the sugars first and leaves the protein for later so I don't get snacky around ten. All told, my normal breakfast is 330 calories and DELICIOUS.
  • Tiffanyg47
    Options
    1 whole wheat thin bagel
    1 tomato slice
    2 tbsp sabra veggie dip (cucumber dill)
    3 oz smoked salmon
    1 tsp capers
    slice of red onion

325 calories 35carbs 13 fat 26 protein
  • CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person so usually just half a whole grain English muffin with PB2 and strawberries.
  • tiffi47
    Options
    Sometimes I have whole grain pancakes mixed with protein powder and cinnamon. Sometimes I add fresh fruit and ill have a little honey instead of syrup
  • karaschmo
    Options
    My all-time favorite breakfast, and the one I have nearly every morning now is this:
    One whole Alternative Bagel brand English muffin, split and toasted, spread with an individual serving container of Weight Watchers cream cheese spread and 1 tsp of Trader Joe's Sweet Hot Pepper Jelly (or other sweet hot pepper jelly)
    filled with 3 TBSP Southwestern style Eggbeaters and baby spinach leaves
    Easy and filling! All totaled, it's roughly 210 calories. Pair with half of a red grapefruit and coffee you've got an awesome breakfast.
    * all ingredients are available at Walmart, except for the pepper jelly.
  • KupCake0720
    Options
    one egg sunny side up on top of a whole wheat toast with low fat shredded cheese & fresh salsa on top. 2 Turkey Bacon on the side and my beloved coffee.

On days I have a busy morning, oatmeal with banana is my go-to meal.
  • mflindsey1012
    Options
    jymmy deans turkey and sausage bowl or the turkey eggwhite and cheese croissant
    if i want to eat alot for lunch or dinner i eat peanut butter on toast
  • Loved1s
    Loved1s Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been experimenting with Kale lately! SO FILLING! Tons of fiber and only 33 calories per cup! (I used to bulk up my meals with spinach but Kale is much sturdier and more filling!) I could not survive on some of these breakfasts... I need to feel FULL! lol.... A good one I made recently was a chopped purple kale, mushroom, onion, egg scramble on a piece of flax seed toast (can't remember the brand off hand, but it's in my diary, feel free to add to check it out) topped with salsa, a bunch of cilantro and a squeeze of lime... delicious!!! I also made purple kale/cabbage/carrot latkes (abt 75 cal a serving) that you can top with apple sauce, sour cream, or, one day I had them with pulled pork and salsa on top. Super savory! I'm trying to start with a cup of tea and just read a cup of cinnamon tea before breakfast and before bed contributes to weight loss! ;)