Member of Gym or workout at home/outside?

Options

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Is "both" an acceptable answer? I do both, and get results from both.
  • HyugasHeiress
    HyugasHeiress Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm going to the gym :) (so outside...)
  • beaches222
    beaches222 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your responses. I do love being home and working out but i may try both for a while just to see how it goes. I have never been a member of a gym other than the free gym at work and I personally dont like working out at work. I just feel that need to get away from work. Thanks again
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    I do bodyweight strength, kettlebell and yoga at home and attend two yoga classes a week. I swim twice a week in a pool over winter and open water in the warmer months.

The gym is no interest to me.
  • emmie0622
    emmie0622 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Both - I have a gym 5 minutes from my house no classes, weight machines and treadmill/elliptical for $10 a month - Leslie Sansone walk at home DVDs, love her totally addicted
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I don't have a GYM member ship to I work out at home or outside.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I have a membership and do both just so I don't get bored. Today I'm lifting at home and then will do a cardio workout on one of my Pinterest boards. Tomorrow I'll probably just run at the gym.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Both. I love taking classes and using the weights at the gym, but I prefer to walk or run outside.
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I workout in the great outdoors. I hate treadmills/ellipticals. I'd love to lift, but can't afford a trainer to show me how to do it right
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I am a member of a gym called Anytime Fitness. Although, I cannot go whenever I want. It is a small gym with no machines for your abdominals; however, it is cool for now. I also will go walking outside when the weather permits, and I will put my son in his stroller.
  • Keto_T
    Keto_T Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My gym is 3 miles from home and has a much larger and more sturdy array of equipment than I could afford or fit in my house. I dont have to perform upkeep on equipment. Plus at the gym there isn't laundry or dishes or computer or TV taunting me to blow off working out
  • mell6355
    mell6355 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Did videos at time for 6 weeks, then the gym for 6 weeks, back at home now and living it! It sucks to wake up start my car and drive at 6am. It's stinking cold outside! Looking forward to spring, think I'll do another 6 weeks at the gym to be ready for summer!
  • NotThePest
    Options
    Workout @ home
  • Louiseisme
    Options
    I do both, I will walk/run outside/@park, alone or with a good friend when schedules allow, I hit the gym (PF) near my sons Karate classes and I go there while he does his class. Its nice especially when the weather is less than ideal. I also do DVD's and I have a cheap elliptical and stationary bike in the basement that I can do while I watch my TV shows.
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I work out 95% of the time at the gym. Those random terrible weather days I end up doing my Zumba Kinect or Biggest Loser Boot Camp dvd. I find that once I get home I get distracted. My home is a place of relaxation for me.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I enjoy going to the gym. Its a little dedicated "me being healthy" time. The one I go to has lots of equipment to use and classes if I want to attend one...or not. No distractions or temptations. Friendly faces.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Right now I'm working out at home. We have a free gym in our neighborhood but it blows. There are always young teens monopolizing the free weights and weight machines. And they're not really using them. They just sit on the them and talk. There's a 24 hour 10 miles from here and Costco has a deal where you pay $350 for a 2 year membership with 24 hour. I'm saving for a down payment on a new car, but as soon as that's done, I'm buying a gym membership. For now, workout videos, walking, jump rope, stair machine and occasional trips to the neighborhood gym are going to have to cut it. But I can't wait to be back at the "real" gym. Love it!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    With the gym, it's scheduled. I can go in and get my workout done. I try to do it at home, but there are too many distractions.
  • Neveone
    Options
    I used to go to a YMCA gym and have personal trainer sessions. The gym was crowded and the trainer was not really interested in my progress. So I cancelled and signed up with a kickboxing gym. So much better :)
  • WandaWoman41
    WandaWoman41 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    All of the above- depends on what's feasible. My burns were much better at the gym but all workouts are effective.