Replies

• pattybattin
    Options
    I am 5'6"
    my current weight is : 141.8
    I eat between 1450-1600 per day.
  • FHART626
    Options
    okay, according to the air force i'm 5'5 but i'm pretty sure i'm 5'4. either way.

i eat about 1150-1250 cal a day. i'm on a high fat diet though.

SW:228.0
    CW:165.8
    GW: 140.0
  • AsaraFuriosa
    AsaraFuriosa Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    5'5
    SW 255
    CW159
    GW140

Before I got on here I was just becoming conscious of what I was eating and lost 40 something pounds. Got on MFP and started a 1200 calorie diet and ate back some workout calories. In November I wised up and starting eating 1800 calories, no workout calories. I do workout 6 days a week. I don't deprive myself. I eat 8 times a day. I drink a lot of water!

Good luck on finding what works best for you!
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    5'5" at maintenance (122 pounds) I eat between 1900 and 2300 calories a day depending on exercise.
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently weigh 163 and cannot get past this weight. I have been this weight for a few months now. I have started having a whey protein shake at lunchtime instead of lunch so I'm hoping this will start working soon. I run 5miles about 2 times a week and do jillian michaels 30 day shred 2-3 times a week also.

It doesn't help tho when you really drop the ball and end up having a meal (small grilled salmon with mash) that ends up being over 1,000cals :( I feel sick.

I notice alot of people eat more calories on days that they work out. I thought the secret to losing weight was to burn more than you take in. Am I wrong?
  • JudyAngelman
    JudyAngelman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    5' 5"
    168 lbs
    Net 1500 after exercising My BMR is 1450 and TDEE is 1994. I keep my activity to light workouts but may increase it.

Lost weight at 1250 calories for eight months (this was my intake of calories and I exercised and never added calories back so net was a lot lower.)

I was feeling tired and my brain was foggy, and I came to MFP and read all the road map information after hitting a plateau for approx 3 months. I have just started losing again at a higher calorie count and I have no plans to go back to eating so little in fact I will play with increasing my calories to get it right.
  • kinsa2
    kinsa2 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm aged 19 and 5'5. I don't do extra exercise, I just walk everywhere and mainly try to stick to 1200 calories per day. I do eat my walked off calories back though.
  • BarbellCowgirl
    BarbellCowgirl Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    5'5"
    29 years old
    CW: 174
    GW: 20-24% BF (don't know what that number will be!)

1800-2100 cals a day. I eat a 300-500 cal cut (most days) from the TDEE that my BodyMedia gives me. I lift heavy 2-3 days a week and walking,HIIT, or yoga whenever I get the chance.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and currently weigh 163 and cannot get past this weight. I have been this weight for a few months now. I have started having a whey protein shake at lunchtime instead of lunch so I'm hoping this will start working soon. I run 5miles about 2 times a week and do jillian michaels 30 day shred 2-3 times a week also.

It doesn't help tho when you really drop the ball and end up having a meal (small grilled salmon with mash) that ends up being over 1,000cals :( I feel sick.

I notice alot of people eat more calories on days that they work out. I thought the secret to losing weight was to burn more than you take in. Am I wrong?

salmon and mashed potatoes over 1000 calories? That would be like 8 ounces of salmon with 2 cups of mashed potatoes with butter?

I'm your height right now. I started at 177 and now am around 146. I'm going to friend request you. My diary is pretty consistent at least and I average around ~1400 calories.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

Oh... I see you ate the meal out! It's almost like they inject fat into the food or something LOL
  • grace173
    grace173 Posts: 180 Member
    Options

Oh... I see you ate the meal out! It's almost like they inject fat into the food or something LOL

I know right. It was Carrabba's and it was the small one!
  • aliciab307
    aliciab307 Posts: 370 Member
    Options

MFP calorie goal is already set up with a deficit to lose weight without exercise., I eat my exercise calories back or else I will eat below my BMR.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options
    5'5½"
    CW-222
    1800 - 2000 per day
    no regular schedule for exercise
    age 41
  • JTB2
    JTB2 Posts: 1
    Options
    5 6", current 141, old weight 160, goal 136. Hovering around 140. Get down for a week then back up again. Very frustrating. Have been trying to keep to 1240 cal but am wondering if it's too low. Typically, I ignore exercise, but might try the 1/2 cals offered by myfitnesspal. Swim 1.5 miles/ week, 1 yoga, 4-5 walk the kids to school (1.8miles).
  • SHHitsKaty
    Options
    I'm 5'4"
    SW: 138
    CW: 125.4

On days I don't exercise, 1450
    Days I do exercise, I try to eat around 1600-1700.
  • kbkeats
    kbkeats Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and I eat about 1200 a day and eat back exercise calories as well.
    If I'm hungry I'll eat more, but I find that 1200-1300 usually is plenty for me
  • cls_333
    cls_333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    A ton haha. Probably 1900-2000 calories a day, but I'm running 45 miles per week. I cheat a lot on weekends! :)
  • AphelionPDX
    Options
    I'm 5'5
    CW: 141
    GW: 130
    Cals: 1330, I have it set up to where I want to lose a pound a week, and I eat back the calories I burn from exercising.
  • kimmadura
    Options
    I have a very big appetite and that's why I joined MFP. It makes me more aware of my food intake.
  • kimmadura
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4in and 175lbs and I try to eat 1200 calories but it's hard.