I Really Need Help..

Options
I am not sure what it is but I'm like afraid of going over and limit set for me in the nutrition department...I feel like I'm tortured..watched my dad and sis get sonic today plus eat king cake...me sitting here wanting a cookie and can't have it...anyone else feel like this?

Also, here is the link to my blog: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Kris3191

I also now made my diary public

Replies

• ubermensch13
    ubermensch13 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    why can't you have a cookie? I have cookies...and cake. Find a way to fit it into your goals, or if you go over, it is only one day.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    why can't you have a cookie? I have cookies...and cake. Find a way to fit it into your goals, or if you go over, it is only one day.
    Just don't think I earned it. Never do.
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    ALL THE TIME. I have no problem watching my two year old stuff his face, I mean he's a kid. But my aunt and uncle really take the biscuit, regularly ill be sat there with my piece of fruit watching them eat anything and everything from ice cream to chocolate truffles. Only think I can say is resist, after a couple of weeks you'll feel so damn good that you did!
  • ubermensch13
    Options

I think you need to rethink your approach to this. If you don't allow yourself the things you enjoy, you either won't do this long term, or you will be miserable. Nothing wrong with enjoying food or treating yourself. Food is supposed to be enjoyable, it is all about learning a healthy relationship with food. Food is not the enemy.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

I think you need to rethink your approach to this. If you don't allow yourself the things you enjoy, you either won't do this long term, or you will be miserable. Nothing wrong with enjoying food or treating yourself. Food is supposed to be enjoyable, it is all about learning a healthy relationship with food. Food is not the enemy.

This. You don't have to "earn" good food.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options

I totally agree. You have to let go a little bit now and then or you will end up giving in in a bad way.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options

Food has always been the enemy for me
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options

This. You don't have to "earn" good food.
    I used to eat anything and everything and was 350..now, food just seems like evil..sort of
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options

I totally agree. You have to let go a little bit now and then or you will end up giving in in a bad way.

I really don't give in. I don't know if I've done it long enough that it's disciplined or what
  • ubermensch13
    Options

Food has always been the enemy for me

And that is the problem.....not to get too personal, but have you spoken to anyone about that? Being obsessed with food, either viewing it as the solution or the cause to/of all problems isn't healthy. At least you recognize the relationships is a problem. Now hopefully you can work on improving it.
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Oh for heaven's sake have a cookie!

Until you learn how to eat in moderation, it's basically useless to lose weight. Because as soon as you lose weight through deprivation, you'll go whole hog on the first bag of cookies you see. Learn how to eat a serving of cookies at a time. 4-5 cookies never made anybody fat.

And you don't have to 'earn' cookies. They are just food.
  • AmyOz320
    Options
    I always go by the philosophy of count every B.L.T.(bite, lick, and taste). This way I can still have the things I shouldnt without feeling guilty. If you want Sonic, King Cake or a cookie...have one...but have it in moderation! Instead if eating 6 cookies, have one....instead of having a huge chunk of king cake, have enoungh to get the taste. A good tip I like to use....if you want to eat something "bad". Drink a full glass of non-carbonated water 15 mins before you eat it. The water will help you feel fuller, and you will be satisfied with a smaller portion. The food database on this site is pretty full and complex, most things are on it!
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

THIS THIS THIS!
  • thedescentofhope
    thedescentofhope Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yeah...you should consider opening up to someone. Food should never be viewed as evil or an enemy, it keep you alive. For me personally I love food. It can be sensual, it's something I love to do with those I care most about. You need to learn to re think your approach to food. It's not just a bunch of calories but something fabulous, just waiting to be explored 1000 different ways.
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options

What they said ^^^ although the sound of eating Sonic everyday is making me a little ill lol. After you get used to eating healthy food after some time, you start to crave healthy real food rather than slop like Sonic.

Hang in there. Think of the horrid stomachaches or the crappy way they're gonna feel from eating like that. Or do what I do when Mom brings those Little Debbie Swiss Rolls into the house, read the ingredient list. There is very little in that ingredient list that remotely resembles food!
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    eat the cake, just remove the frosting. COMPROMISE!
  • FancyFree62
    Options
    I have found if I constantly deny myself then I want to splurge. If I take a very small bite of the "off limit" item, I always feel better and then can go about my day. However, if you can't have just one small bite, then it is probably better you just stay away from those foods. I also always keep my goal very close in mind and/or a visual so I know what I am working towards. This is what helps me.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I agree. It's a lifestyle change. So I have things here and there that are not necessarily "diet" foods. This helps me stay on track longer. Instead of the whole row of Oreos I have just 1-3 for example. Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth and I still log it in. Make myself accountAble for the calories.
  • MyProgressISYour1Proof
    Options
    I appreciate all the replies but I'm still at a loss...I guess the connection to food I used to eat when I was 350 and now makes me feel I will go back there and that it's bad...I know moderation, count everything and even measure everything out..
  • hollygoddess
    hollygoddess Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes! You may have it! PORTION controlled! Remember you are choosing to be healthier & eat healthier, you are NOT suffering or being tortured, so you may also choose to have something sweet :-) My personal trick to not going of my plan, is getting any kind of exercise in to balance the sugar & fat/sweet treat. I agree "uber", you need to use positive thinking Kris :-)