WHY HIDE YOUR FOOD DIARY ??

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• terijoestoes
    terijoestoes Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    So glad to see some one finally address this. Mine is lose and loose. You lose weight and your clothes get loose. Typos are one thing but butchering the language is a pet peeve
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    b/c of macro nazis.
    plus, i dont know why anyone would be interested in my diary. it is not very exciting.
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of these. It doesn't set to Open, it defaults to closed so if you don't know, you don't know.

Also, I agree with another poster. A friend of mine has some serious gastro problems, so she uses the notes to document her bowel movements. Not exactly everybody's business!!

I had mine set to friends only for a long time. Just recently changed it. But really, who but encouraging frineds should be creeping my food diary anyway???
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    This is one of the smartest posts I've seen in awhile. Thank-you for being so sane!!! You know your stuff!!!

-David
    I am not sure why people hide there food diary as advice can help and lets be honest if your fat and overweight like i was you need to be honest with yourself.

This might seem harsh but come on people I found being honest with myself one of the biggest steps. I use to lie how fat I was to people and myself.

Some people do not want feedback from others. This is not the same thing as "not being honest with yourself" in all cases.

I will give you one example: I have a friend with an eating disorder. She does not like to be ridiculed by people who truly do not understand her battles. Locking her food diary prevents this.

I'm sharing this with you for context. You may need accountability or commentary. Other people may not, and that's not a bad thing.
  • jlambiasi
    Options
    I actually agree with you. I have mine visible to friends. The people I am "Friends" with on here are people I know and people who are motivational to me. This is y fitness PAL so I thought that was the point of this, to get and give motivation to others. I also like that other people see mine, because it makes me think twice about eating things LOL.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    So glad to see some one finally address this. Mine is lose and loose. You lose weight and your clothes get loose. Typos are one thing but butchering the language is a pet peeve
    I thought i t was an MFP Blood Sport - it HAS to be deliberate doesn't it? Could it be some attempt at Irony? No one should be allowed to attempt irony unless they have been either born to it or trained.