Very frustrated!

Options
124»

Replies

• danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    If i had one peice of weigh in advice it would be NEVER TAKE YOUR WEIGHT FROM WEIGH IN ON A MONDAY. I have never ever ever in all the history of weighing myself got on teh scale and been happy with my monday morning weight. I use it as motivation to be good til friday then use fridays weigh in as my number. And i know you don't like the negative comments, but this is an open forum and that person was right. Giving up and whining is stupid. Just work harder ;) Or you will not have only gained back 1 pound but you'll gain back the rest of the 3 you lost. Use it as motivation. Fluctuations are normal.
  • blackcloud13
    blackcloud13 Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    In an average week, the difference between my minimum and maximum weight is typically about 10lb - so although I think its really important to weight yourself, you really should not let one or two bad weighings put you off.

If it seems like its not working, double check your stats - water/cals/sugar etc. Sometimes, its just one last change that's the trigger
  • AliciaStaton
    AliciaStaton Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Hi i am sorry that you have put a pound on. It is annoying but this if life and it happens. There is no miracle cure for losing weight, it takes time. It be a shame if you stopped using this site, however, at the end of your day this is your journey and no one has the right to be judgemental. Good luck on what ever you do:smile:
  • gaylet58
    Options
    Hey Ihave just started this my fitnesspal so I would say dont give up,This is the start of my secound week and through other diets that I have followed I am finding this good as you have to log everything you eat or drink.We will all have bad days and weeks,but if I get on the scales now and things are not going well ,I just say to myself (well this is a new day lets stay on track)never give up and the more you beat yourself up over it the worse you will do.
    Take a look at yourself and focus on something else that you have done,you will make it :)
    I work on kilos not pounds are there any other Aussies out there

Have a great day :flowerforyou:
    :flowerforyou:
  • RoxanneChantae
    Options
    Have you been weighing your food? Monitoring your sodium intake? Those things can really affect your weight! Just a suggestion!

Don't give up...it takes time!

I completely agree. MFP has ways of us monitoring additional aspects to our health other than calorie intake only. For me, I look at my sodium intake, sugar, protein vitamins, etc. If you have an app or if you review your daily summary there are charts to help you look at your daily intake of all things that may hinder progress. And like others mentioned, it could be water weight, there are so many things that could factor into that 1 lb. Don't give up, I've been off and on for well over a year, but now I'm truly dedicated to a lifestyle change and more results.

Whatever you do, if you want results, don't stop now. You will need to train your body into a lifestyle change.

:wink:
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I've been at this for quite some time. There have been months when the scale didn't move, or even went up. I'd challenge you to find someone who's weight only ever moved on the downward slope. Those people are very few and far between because everyone has slip ups, bad weeks, and bodies that are trying to adjust. There are a million reasons why the scale can show a gain. Literally. Too much salt, too much food, (shockingly enough) not enough food, too much exercise, not going to the bathroom, time of day, someone breathed on you too hard (okay, maybe not this one, but hopefully you see my point). If everyone graphed their weight every single day, you would see ups and downs, but the overall trends (of people who are trying) are down. Keep doing what you're doing. We ALL get frustrated by this process sometimes, believe me, but we keep going. Take your measurements, too. There have been plenty of times for me where the scale showed a gain, but the tape measure showed a loss.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Calm down. Focus on your health and the weight loss and fitness will follow.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Get on scale this morning only to find out 1 gained a pound. This will be my last week here if next Monday I haven't lost. Too frustrating and time consuming to be logging food, making healthy meals and snacks only to gain 1 pound. Very sad! :sad:

Go to the bathroom you'll lose 2lbs and be happy.

That's excatly what my husband says everytime I'm weight myself and I don't get the results I want
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who offered words of encouragement and actual advice instead of those who chose to be nasty and rude when they don't even know me. I do eat within my limits every day, even weekends and I also have an exercise regimen. Also, not to get personal but I am a women who has battled anorexia/bullima so when I try to lose weight the correct way and I see a gain, whether it is 1 pound or 10 it affects me differently then others. I am constantly working on looking at food they way most people do but it is a battle.

I will not give up but I would also never, ever, say some of the things that have been said to me, especially not knowing the whole person and their background.

I saw no-one being mean to you. Not everyone is going to give you a hug and say 'there, there'.
    Sometimes it is better that there is a balance of input. In the end, those being 'mean' are mostly not intentionally being mean, but rather are being honest and blunt, and that is often what is needed, especially in the case of people who have had eating disorders(yes, I have battled those for decades myself so I am not speaking from inexperience).

It is a fact that giving up is not going to get you anywhere. I is also a fact that a pound is pretty inconsequential, given you can gain or lose that just with having a cup of tea or taking a pee. Until you get your mind around that, you will find yourself repeatedly getting stressed out by these minor changes, and possibly sabotaging yourself. You might lose 3 Ibs next week, but you wont find out unless you keep going.

And your focus should be on your health and fitness primarilly, certainly on doing all you can to be healthy, not on a number on a manmade object, a number that no-one else sees even.
  • racechick2
    Options
    giving up is not a solution...when you get down go for a walk...you have to really want something to make it work...
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the scales, you may be losing inches and not weight
  • b_stroke
    b_stroke Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks to those of you who offered words of encouragement and actual advice instead of those who chose to be nasty and rude when they don't even know me. I do eat within my limits every day, even weekends and I also have an exercise regimen. Also, not to get personal but I am a women who has battled anorexia/bullima so when I try to lose weight the correct way and I see a gain, whether it is 1 pound or 10 it affects me differently then others. I am constantly working on looking at food they way most people do but it is a battle.

I will not give up but I would also never, ever, say some of the things that have been said to me, especially not knowing the whole person and their background.

If you want encouragement dont throw tantrums. No one was rude or mean to you. your acting foolish and wanting pitty to boost your confidence.
  • raecork
    raecork Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am with you on the time consuming thing, I have to admit That is a big part of my less than stellar tracking on here over the last few days, I find it hard and frustrating over the weekend when everyone is all home throughout the day to track everything, I am still new and so I sit down after each meal and snack and log it in. I haven't been on here long, really jsut 2 full weeks, and I was about to give up, but this morning I changed my mind, I looked at some of the pics posted by someone who completely transformed himself, and realized that this is just the getting used to it stage. After a while I know that I will be better at sticking to portions, then Maybe I don't have to feel strapped to the measuring cups and then immediately logging my food. One thing I have decided to do today is no matter what if I go over my calories, if I haven't lost weight or inches I am going to stick to it. We so very often give up on ourselves long before we would throw in the towel on another person. I was really going to pack it in on this site despite the fact that I have started to loose weight, and fit my clothes better, even got asked if I was loosing weight. It sounds like you too have lost weight. Don't worry I didn't loose anything this week. You are not alone in your frustration, I am right there with you!! I was just about to post something asking for tips on how to make this easier, less time consuming. please stay with it, I am going to try too.
  • Lauraoleksiuk
    Options
    I understand, monday i had gained two pounds and was really fed up and ready to pack it in. Went to my trainer on tues and I had lost a lb. not sure how that happened, but i am really glad that I am still going. Sometimes I think we should not weigh ourselves on mondays...its wed and I am feeling like a million dollars...just keep going....