Bacon?!

Options
kjf1982
kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
Hi there, my friend is having a bacon party on Saturday. Everyone is supposed to bring a dish that includes this delicious food.

My question is: Does anyone have any great party food recipes that have bacon that are not terrible for you?

I am not opposed to using turkey bacon either!

Thanks!

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    There is a horribly fattening dish called "Bacon Explosion".
    Its a tube of cooked ground beef(that has bacon pieces mixed in) wrapped is a full net of bacon and then cooked again.
  • rininger85
    Options
    I don't have any particular recipe for you, but I would recommend using turkey bacon for whatever you end up doing... just be careful when cooking it because it burns faster due to lower fat content... but its just as tasty and half decent for you... I buy butterball turkey bacon with reduced sodium yummy had some for breakfast today!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    make bacon, cheddar broccoli mini quiche's. Totally delicious and you can easily control the portion size! just bake them in tart shells.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,672 Member
    Options
    Serve dessert.....................chocolate dipped bacon!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake topped with candied bacon. Image courtesy of gp79
    photo-10.jpg
  • kjf1982
    Options
    make bacon, cheddar broccoli mini quiche's. Totally delicious and you can easily control the portion size! just bake them in tart shells.

Sounds delicious!
  • LiseMarieBrown
    LiseMarieBrown Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I like warm potato salad with bacon and red onion :)
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    photo-10.jpg

What!!??!!

:heart: :heart: :heart:
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    photo-10.jpg

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO POST THIS FOR PEOPLE TO SEE WIT Hhart nioamylqh ,k m2kl135'tlyk3h
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    photo-10.jpg

I'd give that mouth-lovins.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Serve dessert.....................chocolate dipped bacon!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Someone brought this in to work for a co-worker's birthday - she is obsessed with bacon - SOOO GOOD!!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    A friend just told me he had bacon wrapped figs and dates, but I've never tried them. I saw a recipe for bacon brittle. I'm going to try it, but haven't yet. I saw someone just posted on mfp about cooking kale in bacon grease, but not sure how that would go for a party.
  • ScarletFyre
    ScarletFyre Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    my brother made gilled (you could probably find a way to bake them) bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers - still have the no-so-great-for-you cream cheese, but the majority of the dish is the pepper.
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Bacon and more bacon. Just cook bacon. Lol
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped neufchatel cream cheese stuffed jalapenos are yummy- but my favorite bacon type appetizer is bacon wrapped water chestnuts. i soak the water chestnuts in brown sugar overnight; wrap them in bacon and bake them for about 15-20 min. Ah-Ma-Zing!
  • Jay_Jay_
    Jay_Jay_ Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    If you want something a little more on the "healthy" side, asparagus wrapped in bacon is great! http://cavemanketo.com/2012/02/15/bacon-wrapped-asparagus/

If you want something more on the awesome side, bacon wrapped scotch eggs. http://cavemanketo.com/2012/03/21/scotch-eggs/

Bacon is actually quite healthy though, its the franken-turkey bacon you should be wary of.
  • MinisterTom
    MinisterTom Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Stuff a Jalapeno with some cheddar cheese, wrap with turkey bacon, and bake at 400 until bacon is done.
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    how about using chicken bacon? if they only said no turkey bacon then technically you are safe! lol
    chicken bacon is very close to the same as turkey bacon but way cheaper and less calories! i saw someone post saying to make the mini quiches, those look good, i would make those and use the chicken bacon. :)
  • kjf1982
    Options
    how about using chicken bacon? if they only said no turkey bacon then technically you are safe! lol
    chicken bacon is very close to the same as turkey bacon but way cheaper and less calories! i saw someone post saying to make the mini quiches, those look good, i would make those and use the chicken bacon. :)

I'm all about doing things for cheaper! Thanks for the heads up!