• taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Bacon Tonkotsu Ramen
    51MV5h1LsdL.01._SR300,300_.jpg
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If you have a Trader Joe's near you, go get their shredded brussel sprouts and sautee them in a pan with bacon in pieces.... totally yum and still fairly healthy.
  • disdatdude
    Options
    Dang! You guys were serious!!!
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Here's an entire site full of BACON recipes... YUM! http://www.delish.com/recipes/cooking-recipes/bacon?src=recipe_footer
  • holdingon2faith793
    Options
    My ex-mother-in-law used to make this dish that included, Fresh broccoli, fresh cauliflower , sunflower seeds, light ranch dressing, or a vinaigrette, and crushed bacon its awesome and healthy.
  • mkookies
    mkookies Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    How about Broccoli Salad? There are tons of recipes on the net...

It's chopped broccoli (obviously), cooked crumbled bacon, raisins, sunflower seeds, red onion, and a light dressing made with mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. :) It's quite good!
  • KeepGoingKylene
    KeepGoingKylene Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    No problem, and for some reason when I first read the post I thought it said you aren't supposed to use turkey bacon, lol, so that's why response says what it does, haha oops!
  • micls
    micls Posts: 234
    Options
    Am I missing somethings? Why does everyone seem to think bacons so evil?
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake topped with candied bacon. Image courtesy of gp79
    photo-10.jpg

Oh HELL no....
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    It's the middle of winter...make soup and flavor it with bacon - LOL (I love 15 bean soup).

...it's better than my second suggestion, which would be to make some kale or collard greens - LMAO!

BTW, I don't use bacon or pork when I make either of those 2 items. Smoked turkey works just fine.

hahahahaha My FIRST suggestion was to make some collard greens! Nothing wrong with that! :tongue:
  • kandacek21
    Options
    You can make guacamole. Smash the avocados dice tomatoes,dice white onion or green onions and scallions. crush the bacon desired and mix it all together.. it is really good.
  • danmcgarrigle5
    Options
    How about this, BLT salad

images are fairly straight forward
    cover upside down cup cake or muffin pans with foil
    weave bacon over upside down cups and bake
    add lettuce (or I like spinach instead) and some cherry tomatoes
    croutons and dressing optional

domes_before.jpg
    secondcup_before.jpg
    firstcup_before.jpg
    firstcup_afterdown.jpg
    cups_detail.jpg
    spread_cupdetail.jpg
  • tndejong
    tndejong Posts: 463
    Options
    the only thing that comes to mind is called "meat candy" little smokies wrapped in bacon and cooked with brown sugar on top or let them simmer in the crockpot on high. very bad for you but very tasty!
  • terriblyn
    terriblyn Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was going to say broccoli salad too!! Made with 0% greek yogurt instead of mayo and adding sliced almonds and golden raisins and of course....BACON!!
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I was going to say broccoli salad too!! Made with 0% greek yogurt instead of mayo and adding sliced almonds and golden raisins and of course....BACON!!

Ooo... That sounds good too!!
  • ChristinaR720
    Options
    I don't have a recipe, but just wanted to say that I love your friend! ...And bacon! ...And your friend for loving bacon enough to have a party honoring its existence! :happy:
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake topped with candied bacon. Image courtesy of gp79
    photo-10.jpg

I am anti-picture quoting but this is too good looking not to quote! Cheesecake is my speciality, I gotta try this!
  • Luvmesumkenny
    Luvmesumkenny Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Breakfast Cupcakes.. Sprinkled with BACON!!! Lot's and Lot's of Bacon!!
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    these bacon wrapped chicken bites are a yummy starter or finger food. there are some other recipes on this website too but this is one of my fave party foods.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2012/01/bacon-wrapped-chicken-bites.html
  • lisavirani
    lisavirani Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped dates are so incredibly delicious. They taste like candy... fatty candy, ha. If anyone I knew was hosting a bacon party, I sure as heck would use that as an off day and enjoy my bacon. One day isn't going to kill you. Do the dates! You won't regret it :)