Bacon?!

Options

Replies

• jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Broccoli salad! So yummy, not a lot of work, and pretty good for you too! Just make sure you cook the bacon until it's nice a crunchy!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    BLT Dip!

Light mayo, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, a pound of crumbled/cooked bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with bread chips.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno poppers are definitely my fave.

Slice jalapenos in half, remove innards and seeds. Stick a wedge of cream cheese in each half.

Wrap with bacon. You can use toothpicks to hold in place, or just wrap so it overlaps and holds itself around the jalapeno.

Throw in the oven until melty soft and gooey. You can also throw it under the broiler to make everything extra crispy.
  • Lexieberry
    Lexieberry Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I suggest what a few others have said...turkey back wrapped around a jalepeno stuffed with a yogurt-cheese mixture...mmm
  • kjf1982
    kjf1982 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    BLT Dip!

Light mayo, shredded lettuce, chopped tomato, a pound of crumbled/cooked bacon. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve with bread chips.

Another great idea!!
  • devilwhiterose
    devilwhiterose Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    BLT Dip!

Another great idea!!

If you do this one, make sure you put the lettuce in a few hours before the party and not the night before. It gets soggy.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    You're better off just skipping the bacon party.

Send me the address, and I'll go in your place :tongue:
  • dblaacker
    dblaacker Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Mmm... bacon... the gateway meat. I've always wanted to try making maple bacon muffins, but a slightly healthier version. Something with sugar free maple syrup and applesauce instead of oil, and bacon sprinkled on top. If you're set on going to this bacon party, you could try making that, and then let me know how it turns out!
  • JRaeZins
    JRaeZins Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped shrimp. Each one only takes half a strip of bacon and are delish! I used a bbq seasoning on the shrimp and included bbq sauce for dipping but they didn't need it.
  • lcostigan
    lcostigan Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great picture!! :-)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake topped with candied bacon. Image courtesy of gp79
    photo-10.jpg

Yuuuummmmmm
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped water chestnuts? I love them.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-water-chestnuts-iii/

Just cook the sauce seperately, then you can control how much you use.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Serve dessert.....................chocolate dipped bacon!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

^^^ THIS :love:
  • AllenWins
    Options
    Bacon wrapped water chestnuts? I love them.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bacon-wrapped-water-chestnuts-iii/

Just cook the sauce seperately, then you can control how much you use.

I was going to suggest this one! mmmmm Bacon!
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Bacon wrapped shrimp. Each one only takes half a strip of bacon and are delish! I used a bbq seasoning on the shrimp and included bbq sauce for dipping but they didn't need it.

oh man this sounds good. I love bacon !!!
  • graveflower316
    graveflower316 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    There is such a stigma against bacon, when really it's not even more calories/fat than an avocado. With that said, you could always make a stir-fry with the bacon/bacon fat. Add some onions, mushrooms, broccoli, carrot, bell pepper... anything really. Maybe even add some siracha and soy sauce with some brown rice... and bam! Some delicious, healthier fried rice.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options

oh man this sounds good. I love bacon !!!
    I agree.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    While channel surfing, I came across a cooking show and Chef Michael was wrapping a chopped carrot (about 2 in long) with a slice of bacon. Now I'm one of those "everything is better when wrapped in bacon" types but a carrot? Oh well, giving him the benefit of the doubt I continued to watch as he secured the bacon slice with a toothpick and then stood up all the bacon wrapped carrot pieces on a pan and cooked them in the oven until the bacowas crisp. He removed the pan from the oven and then took out the toothpicks and seperated the carrots from the bacon tubes. He then threw the carrots away and filled up the bacon tubes with a salmon mouse (cannoli style). I thought it was brilliant and the mind reeled at all the other stuffings you could fill the bacon tubes with. I'd be eating 'em like popcorn!