Unsupportive spouse

Replies

• StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    My husband is ok with me working out and makes happy because I'm happy and he loves when his friends give him compliments about his wife. But when we are going party with our friends or when he cooks, he doesn't want me to think about calories and he says that I deserve to cheat on my diet and that he doesn't want me to lose a single pound he just want me to tone. What he doesn't understand is that when you are toning up you also have to lose the fat and have a healthy life style
  • joycebug
    joycebug Posts: 309
    He's past that talking stage. A while ago, I caught him spying on me at the gym! He was parked outside just watching me from my car. I'm about 20 lbs from my GW and who know how he'll be if I become attractive to guys again!!
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    My husband makes stupid comments like "guess u need to go work out to look good for your boyfriend", etc...It's getting really annoying! How do u deal with someone who constantly gives you crap for trying to be healthier???

My hubby says the same kind of junk. I just roll my eyes at him and tell him I don't have TIME to have a boyfriend so he'll have to do :D
    lol ..love it
  • Textmessage
    Textmessage Posts: 387 Member
    Every time he says you're doing it for your boyfriend, tell him that it's for all 3 of your new boy-toys.
  • I think I agree most with the woman who just rolls her eyes and tells him he'll have to do! lol. Cute!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    He's past that talking stage. A while ago, I caught him spying on me at the gym! He was parked outside just watching me from my car. I'm about 20 lbs from my GW and who know how he'll be if I become attractive to guys again!!

I'm sorry. What?
    I no longer believe a word you are saying.
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    This is NOT a good thing! This can lead to trouble FAST! You both need to seek counselling ASAP before it gets out of hand!
    if you still want a marriage I agree because if he is stalking you at the gym he seems like he might be going bad places with this.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Wow ladies so sorry about the unsupportive significant (or insignificant lol) others. Just remember you are doing this for you!! Although we need their support lets do this with or without it:smile::smile:

^^This.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member

Wow. He does not trust you.
    I would wonder whether he can be trusted.
    Do what you have to for yourself. Sounds like his problem is his. Don't own it for him.
    Good luck.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member

again, he sounds like quite the catch.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Just break up?

And no, not being a smart *kitten*. Obviously, from how you've described him - he doesn't respect you and you can't talk to him and get him to stop. Either seek counseling or a lawyer.
  • katielangley
    katielangley Posts: 152 Member
    That is kinda scary that he does not trust you at the gym...
  • Heitor70
    Heitor70 Posts: 56 Member

...so, I guess this is only the beginning.... The best way is to avoid the subject altogether, that is, do not talk about it, for your own sanity and peace of mind. If he brings it up just let it go. Those who have been married for many years understand what I am talking about. We do this for ourselves and our spouses are free to join us or not.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    My husband makes stupid comments like "guess u need to go work out to look good for your boyfriend", etc...It's getting really annoying! How do u deal with someone who constantly gives you crap for trying to be healthier???

just tell him "yup."

Ditto.
    I would. I would answer with a " yes,! How am I doing?"
  • joycebug

I'm sorry. What?
    I no longer believe a word you are saying.

????
  • Bracciano
    Bracciano Posts: 85 Member
    My ex made the decision for me for me, I'm glad she did.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    if he was watching from your car does that mean he drove with you and waited in the car instead of coming In?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    He's just very insecure and controlling in general...

sounds like quite the catch.....

Insecure and controlling in general... :sick: I couldn't tolerate that for long. What a pain in the *kitten*.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    if he was watching from your car does that mean he drove with you and waited in the car instead of coming In?

A 20lb loss doesn't make you suddenly attractive to guys. Just saying.
  • joycebug

No...sorry, he drove my other car to the gym. I didn't know he was outside until after the fact...