pounds lost vs pants size lost

Options

Replies

• BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    When I started out, I lost around 35ish pounds and went down one size. Then lost 25ish more and went down 4 more pants sizes.

The body is a quirky thing.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Lost 62 pounds. Size 18, snug and now a size 10. :smile:
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    27 lbs. down. Started at men's size 42, and am now size 38.
  • lindafjohnson
    Options
    I started at 230 lbs size 24 jeans.. I am now down to 191 and wear a size 18, barely. I was told by a nurse typically 10 lbs every size. Clothes r so different according to their makers. I have a size 18 that I can't get into and probably will have to lose another 10 to do it. I have small legs and no butt but have a belly. I could probably go smaller if it wasn't for my stomach. I work with someone who has to go to bigger sizes cause she has butt and legs but the pants r too big in the waist. Everyone is going to be different I think
  • Lisamb757
    Lisamb757 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I lost 60 lbs and went from a 16 to the 11/12'aize. Talk about disappointment!!
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Lost 105lb's and went from a Mens 46 to Mens 38. It was 13lb's per 1 inch.
  • alexandrajane84
    alexandrajane84 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my bra size was the first replacement item in my closet. :-(

Isn't it always the way! :(
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I haven't lost much, but today, I fit back into a pair of pants I haven't been able to fit for four months. I think it has a lot to do with height too.
  • goody2shews
    goody2shews Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    37 lbs lost. I started at a tight 18 at the time 20's were too loose. Now I'm at a tight 12 and too loose 14. So, I wear yoga pants :) I have every color.

Until I hit my goal weight I will wear dresses and yoga pants.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    Sadly, my bra size was the first replacement item in my closet. :-(

Isn't it always the way! :(

ROFL...that cracked me up. Mine are always the first to exit the building too, the little traitors!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    27 down and not even close to going down a size. I'm guessing around 50 or so I'll be down a size. Looking forward to the day I can enjoy shopping for pants.
  • ChunkiChica
    Options
    29 pounds. Five pant sizes. I was snug in a size 20 plus/women's, now I fit comfortably in a regular/misses size 14.

It's all in how you hold your weight. I would love to lose more in the bust area!!
  • lvtruu1
    lvtruu1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lost 105lb's and went from a Mens 46 to Mens 38. It was 13lb's per 1 inch.

Congratulation on the massive effort to lose all that weight.

I'm a bit confused. I checked your profile and it says "you aren't in the same boat". So you are good at your current weight? You are good with a size 38 pants? At your current weight, and I'm 6'4", I would still be classified as overweight.
  • iveyroze3
    Options
    Lost 28 pounds. Went from size 20 or very tight 18 and now Loose 18 and some 16s. Carry more weight up top. Went from 40 D to 38 C. My nursing uniforms are very baggy and have went a size down. A very good feeling.
  • wendybird5
    wendybird5 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've lost 86 pounds and gone from a size 22 to a size 8 so that would be 7 sizes dropped (about one size for about every 12 pounds).
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    initial weight loss is water and glycogen stores in the muscles... if your eating the low calories MFP recommends than you could easily be losing a lot of muscle.. Your midsection isnt muscular. This is why everyone should strength train. If your numbers are going down you're eating too little. MFP is great for counting calories, it sucks for daily expenditure prediction.
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Lost 13-15 pounds total so far (10 since MFP) and have gone from a size 14/15 to 10. I've apparently lost more "size" than actual weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Lost 13-15 pounds total so far (10 since MFP) and have gone from a size 14/15 to 10. I've apparently lost more "size" than actual weight.

You've lost more fat than the scale # :D I bet you built up some great muscle :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    initial weight loss is water and glycogen stores in the muscles... if your eating the low calories MFP recommends than you could easily be losing a lot of muscle.. Your midsection isnt muscular. This is why everyone should strength train. If your numbers are going down you're eating too little. MFP is great for counting calories, it sucks for daily expenditure prediction.

As I noted in your other post in which you complain about the #s - people usually are unaware, at first, that picking sedentary to lose faster isn't a good idea. Or trying to go 2lbs/week loss when they have 10-20lbs to lose. They also may not realize that the # MFP gives them doesn't include exercise...that MFP expects them to eat their exercise calories back. It's up to people to educate themselves about TDEE, BMR, etc. To teach themselves good habits, not be scared and food, etc.

It's up to people to educate themselves by scouring the forums, asking for advice or doing the research online.

MFP is a tool...and people have to educate themselves on fitness and health overall. If anyone is interested, you can check out the links I provided on his post if you want to read more info :) Provided links to ways to find your TDEE, info about eating below your BMR, etc. :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/862199-myfitnesspal-destroys-metabolisms?page=2#posts-12963848
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    46 pounds and I've lost two pant sizes. A tight 28 to a loose 24... I can get 22's on just not buttoned. Its been like that for the lasgt 15 pounds. It's driving me nuts!