how often do you eat dessert ? (satisfy that sweet tooth!)

Options
I'm just curious how often you guys all eat dessert? Or if not dessert, something else that you crave but maybe shouldn't eat everyday.

Or do you think that as long as it fits in your daily calorie intake it doesn't matter?

Personally, I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. mostly for chocolate and cookies. not a big candy person.
I found this really good chocolate frozen yogurt that's 180 cals for a cup. if its fits in my calorie intake can I have it often? or no? Because it totally satisfies my cravings without making them worse (which cookies and other chocolates do, I can never only have 1 of those.. )

Replies

• bkr45678
    bkr45678 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I treat myself to one Yummy Earth organic lollipop everyday. Only 23 calories, no artificial ingredients or HFCS (they are colored/flavored with organic fruit/veg extracts) and they are super yummo.

Also the Green & Black 70% organic dark chocolate. Cut them up in the little squares and it works out to 8 calories each. I toss em in the freezer and when I feel like chocolate the one square is enough.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I'm just curious how often you guys all eat dessert? Or if not dessert, something else that you crave but maybe shouldn't eat everyday.

Or do you think that as long as it fits in your daily calorie intake it doesn't matter?

Personally, I have a HORRIBLE sweet tooth. mostly for chocolate and cookies. not a big candy person.
    I found this really good chocolate frozen yogurt that's 180 cals for a cup. if its fits in my calorie intake can I have it often? or no? Because it totally satisfies my cravings without making them worse (which cookies and other chocolates do, I can never only have 1 of those.. )

Never ever unless it's a sugar free dessert, sugar makes you fat
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Pretty much every night.

I make my own ice cream, or have a big bowl of yoghurt with fruit. Depends how I feel.
  • WeCallThemDayWalkers
    Options
    you should google Chocolate Covered Katie - she has delicious recipes for low-ish calorie single serving chocolately desserts. I used to make her chocolate oatmeal regularly and it definitely kept me away from ice cream and the like!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    once a month
  • dandandee
    dandandee Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

never ever?
    ya not gonna happen.. completely cutting out junk just usually makes a person binge on it at some point.
  • Nikiki
    Nikiki Posts: 993
    Options
    twice a day!

I keep things like godiva gems on hand constantly so that I can have something sweet after lunch & dinner. sometimes I wind up not wanting it but knowing I have the option makes me MUCH less likely to go crazy. On a typical day I have a piece of chocolate after lunch and a small glass of red wine and a couple pieces of chocolate in the evening. If I try to cut it out completely I last about a week before I polish off a pint of Ben&Jerry's in a sitting and decide What the Eff, I've killed the diet for the day, might as well have a enjoy the weekend and get back to it next week, which turns into next month which is what led to this mess in the first place!
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options

never ever?
    ya not gonna happen.. completely cutting out junk just usually makes a person binge on it at some point.

ha, you're new here huh? :tongue:

I recommend you check out the 'show us what your meals look like' thread!
  • dandandee
    Options

never ever?

ha, you're new here huh? :tongue:

I recommend you check out the 'show us what your meals look like' thread!

hah.. yes. it's that obvious ? ;P
  • unicornpoop
    unicornpoop Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was eating too many desserts because they were in my calorie limit. Now I am limiting it to once or twice a week. I do eat 80-85% dark chocolate on the regular though. It's good for you! That's what I am telling myself.
  • dandandee
    Options
    twice a day!

I keep things like godiva gems on hand constantly so that I can have something sweet after lunch & dinner. sometimes I wind up not wanting it but knowing I have the option makes me MUCH less likely to go crazy. On a typical day I have a piece of chocolate after lunch and a small glass of red wine and a couple pieces of chocolate in the evening. If I try to cut it out completely I last about a week before I polish off a pint of Ben&Jerry's in a sitting and decide What the Eff, I've killed the diet for the day, might as well have a enjoy the weekend and get back to it next week, which turns into next month which is what led to this mess in the first place!

thank you! glad you agree. I know cutting it out completely might work for some, but it's just not going to happen for me. And you've lost 31 pounds (congrats! :D) so obviously a little chocolate here and there isn't off limits.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I eat it a lot. Trying to eat it less. Not successful. =(
  • amberpitz
    amberpitz Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I let myself have a miniture candy bar or a piece of candy or cookie etc when I feel like it. I have sugar free items I use at times and I like a protein choc bar at times but thats alot of calorie. Sometimes I don't eat any sweets besides my fruits and other days I have a couple mini candies and a couple other small sugar items. Depends on the day etc. Just remember moderation and eat other good foods also or along with. Don't kick yourself for dippin in the cookie jar...I agree with the binging if you cut it all out and deprive yourself and that guys so cut he prob has his diet lock tight..lol..not me
  • omanitshann
    Options
    every day
  • disdatdude
    Options
    I rarely have desert. That would probably be an apple pie from McDonald's (GASP!) and, of course, it doesn't happen that often, but much more than my opportunity to eat fried food with some coating on it.

My sweet snack, believe it or not, is a peanut butter sandwhich...or even pancakes. You've probably seen either of these show up weekly on my food diary.
  • appelsiinipuu
    appelsiinipuu Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Daily for sure. I bake some low fat cakes and freeze them in portions, so it is easy to just defrost a piece when I want one. :)

and like someone suggested, definitely take a look at the recipes here: http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/
  • THuffman1967
    THuffman1967 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I allow myself a little sweet treat every day. Otherwise I'd totally go off the deep end and eat an entire bag of Dove Chocolate minis.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet every day, even if it's in tiny amounts.

Most days, it's yogurt + jam, or 70%+ chocolate or a few Gummy vitamins, because who are they kidding, that stuff is candy.

When my sweet tooth was RAGING, I found that adding some stevia to my chocolate protein shakes satisfied it.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options

Whenever I want.. but i'm usually too full to even consider it..

Here's what I do..

If I am craving something I have water.. 2 glasses.. If i'm still craving it 15 minutes later.. I have 1 small piece of what I am craving. I love the Hershey's dark chocolate nuggets with almonds. It's like 45 calories per nugget. I'm lucky I guess. There are not too many sweets I actually like.

Oh yes.. I also keep skinny cow in the freezer for those "I gotta have ice cream" nights. LOL

Also.. if it's just sweetness you want.. put honey in a smoothie, or have peanut butter with banana and honey sandwich. Or get some strawberries.
  • MouseTmom
    MouseTmom Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I don't cut all sweets out. I have some little ice cream sundae cups in the freezer - 100 calories each. I also keep some little 100 calorie pack cookies around. I tend to have problems with portion control which is why I like the 100 calorie packs - if I buy a bag of hershey miniatures I usually don't stop at just 1 or 2 pcs!! i might as well just buy a regular size candy bar - it would be less calories!!!