how often do you eat dessert ? (satisfy that sweet tooth!)

Options

Replies

• ajoyfulyoga
    Options
    Every single day! I either have The So Delicious Coconut Chocolate Fudge Bars (No Sugar Added) 80 Cals a piece or Hail Merry's
    Mint Chocoate Tart 130 cals for a serving. Both are low or no sugar and scrumptious!
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    i eat dove chocolate squares almost every night. or hershey kisses. 3 usually.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I have dessert every day pretty much. Either ice cream or something like that. Tonight I had chocolate pudding.
  • dbh3425
    dbh3425 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories, enjoy.. I do daily.. I have snack size candy from time to time.. The ice cream I now use is Skinny cow just because it is low in cals and I like it.

But there is nothing wrong with having snack daily so long as it fits in your cal count.. better than depriving yourself and binging.

I am in this for the long haul so everything is in moderation.

All of this.
  • Foraanda
    Options
    I have a small treat every day. Sometimes several :)
  • brownshuga30
    brownshuga30 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I also have a sweet tooth but I don't eat it every day even if it fits into my daily calorie intake. Usually I may have low fat ice cream on the weekend or if its that special time of the month I may have 1 serving of mini Oreo's there like 130 calories but I don't indulge everyday.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Quite often! Tonight I made a primal/paleo berry tart, topped it with thick coconut milk (like whipped cream.) Since I'd hiked through the snow for 2 1/2 hours earlier, I deserved it.
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    2-4 times a week :) I have 300 cal ice cream cones, pre-portioned cookie dough (120 cals for 3 cookies) and easy recipes for single-serve muffins, cupcakes and cakes :) If I have enough cals left over I could have sweets anytime I want to.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Just about every single day - full fat yoghurt, berries, mango's, strawberries are my late night snack....or a few squares of Green & Black / Lindt 70% dark chocolate

When I first started Weight Watchers chocolate mousse, or jello and some low fat ice cream......because I choose to eat real food now I dont eat these any more ;-)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I have a square of dark chocolate every night and I don't even count it. I've been on maintenance forever and the chocolate doesn't seem to have any effect, so I've just become too lazy to count it. :laugh:
  • tvanhooser
    tvanhooser Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Whenever we have them around....which isn't often so I'm OK. I don't keep track calendar wise when I can have them. But for instance, I had more on Christmas Eve and Christmas cause they were there and I don't do it all the time. We got a new cookie jar yesterday, so of course we had to make cookies to break it in so I had one yesterday and one today and just worked it into my calorie allowance. I'm not one for tedious and laborious tracking or scheduling. I just figure if it's a once in a while thing, it's not going to kill my whole diet as long as I don't just totally go hog wild. I'd say if the chocolate yogurt is keeping you from inhaling copious amounts of other more fattening sweets, by all means, go for it...just work it into your calories like you said. Whatever keeps you on track and don't worry about all the conflicting advice you're going to get. Just do what works for you.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    you should google Chocolate Covered Katie - she has delicious recipes for low-ish calorie single serving chocolately desserts. I used to make her chocolate oatmeal regularly and it definitely kept me away from ice cream and the like!

I just had some of Katie's cookie dough dip with TJ's reduced guilt brownies that I made with Greek yogurt and vanilla extract. Freaking amazing.

OP, you can have dessert every day if it fits your calorie budget. :happy:
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options

Or do you think that as long as it fits in your daily calorie intake it doesn't matter?

This.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    I eat ice-cream every night in bed. I sometimes have dessert also.
  • PilotX
    PilotX Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I love dessert just eat it smaller portions
  • krissy_krossy
    krissy_krossy Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Quite often. A serving of the no-sugar-added fudge tracks ice cream, sugar-free chocolate syrup, sugar free caramel syrup, and nuts on top. The ice cream only has 120 calories, a little more for toppings. I usually have room for it.
  • SweetSailor
    SweetSailor Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I keep several bars of dark chocolate in my freezer at (almost) all times. Ran out tonight. :sad:

Some days I eat half a bar, other days I only get the last little nub.
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet every day... usually fruit, but meh.
    I'd rather eat real sugar over sugar-free, but that's just me. Not a big fan of artificial sweeteners.
    I try to limit it to just fruit and one carb-based sweet a day, though. Complex carbs if possible. Usually made with natural ingredients.
    When I crave something sweet, I sometimes just have natural peanut butter with organic jam on toasted ezekiel bread. Or steel cut oats with agave nectar and coconut flakes.
    Although, a few cookies every now and then never kills anyone... especially cookies from Trader Joes *cough*
  • nolarun93
    Options
    I have 2 to 3 oreos everynight I have a huge sweet tooth I have oreos if it fits in my calorie intake or not
  • stefosaurusrawrrrr
    Options
    Every day, but sometimes I don't feel like it.

I actually find that yogurt does wonders for satisfying my sweet tooth. Also fruit, I could eat all the fruit in the world, my doctor actually said it's a problem :P