Replies

• patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about the fact that you don't eat your calories back with this method. I'll end up under my BMR.

What did your numbers come out to? You either need to subtract less from your TDEE or your BMR is wrong. I had to use Katch-McArdle because I'm obese.
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I just joined last week. I am 100% with ya!! Possibly I am making it more difficult than should be by trying to do the spreadsheet. I have not been able to figure it out? Anyone else having or had problems understanding this? Would appreiciate some insights on this! Thanks
  • SOOZIE429
    SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Just started this week but spreading the word every chance I get :flowerforyou:
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'm working on the weight training (from home for now), and I'm eating! which is my favorite thing to do. :)
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Starting this again today. I was doing it wrong before (deducting exercise cals and underestimating my daily activity level). Thanks, Dan.
  • balancedbrunette
    balancedbrunette Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    bump for later
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Is it okay to post my question in this thread? I was discussing it in part 3 with heybales but this one's shorter so maybe someone else with my problem doesn't have to dig through 17 pages to see it.

I was eating 1200 calories for way too long and upped to 1600 and gained 4 pounds. Heybales explained that my glucose stores were filling up with water and that would have happened regardless even if I was at maintenance, due to underfeeding. (If I butchered that explanation feel free to correct me.)

Anyway, I upped my calories to 1740 and there were two different outcomes that could happen to me:

I could gain more "weight" quickly because of my glucose stores still getting back to normal, but the extra pounds would come off. That would likely mean I have more LBM than expected.

I could gain actual weight (roughly half a pound a week) which would mean I was over maintenance and I had less LBM than normal.

So it's been a week and I know a week is not long enough to tell anything, but I am the same weight. I have definitely not gained, but I may have even lost half a pound, it's hard to tell with fluctuations though. Sometimes I weigh in at 153 and sometimes 154. I would actually have rather experienced the initial "gain" because then I would know my body was doing what it's supposed to and the weight would fall off after.

I'm going to wait another 2 weeks to actually take any results seriously but I was wondering if anyone had any input.
  • Donnarose82
    Options
    BUMP :D
  • Deebug60
    Deebug60 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I've been using the Road Map for about a month, but I think I will have to re look at my levels. I have added more activity to my week and just want to make sure that I'm in the right place.
  • amanda_ataraxia
    amanda_ataraxia Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    This is the way to go, for anyone reading this- DO IT!
  • jgrode1984
    Options
    Just read the road map info, did all the calculations and adjusted my goals.... Boy I hope I did it right! I really can't afford to gain any more weight! Will let you know how it goes!
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I calculated my TDEE-20% about a week ago to be ~2000 cal/day, and since then I've noticed several others with similar or even higher numbers, who are 1) women and 2) smaller than I am. I thought both of those things would result in them having a TDEE-20% much less than mine. Either I have made a calculation error, or my 59 year age is what is dropping me down. Can someone take a look at my numbers? Here's additional data:

Height: 6ft
    Weight: 200.6lbs
    Body Fat: Military - 24.9%, Fat2Fit - 28.5, Covert Baily - 22.0%, Average (the one I went with) - 25.1%
    RMR: MFP - 1747, Fat2Fit - 1826, Katch-McCardle (the one I went with) 1843
    TDEE (Lightly active): 2511
    TDEE-20%: 2009

Any help would be much appreciated!
  • nana6799
    nana6799 Posts: 262
    Options
    I just joined last week. I am 100% with ya!! Possibly I am making it more difficult than should be by trying to do the spreadsheet. I have not been able to figure it out? Anyone else having or had problems understanding this? Would appreiciate some insights on this! Thanks

Well, I finally figured out how to copy and save the spreadsheet for the stats. It figures my TDEE as 1978 and my TDEG as 1,716. This is at a 13.2% deficit..loosing 1/2 pound per week. Previously I had figured my TDEE to be 1653. Was pretty close! Only 63 calories difference with the TDEG on the spreadsheet.

That is quite the spreadsheet and tons of information. Thank you heybales for putting that together. Pretty awesome! I will need to spend some more time really looking at it again since there is so much information. But glad I finally figured it out!
  • NomNomMom
    NomNomMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hey gang!
    So the holidays are over and i'm back on the forums again.

I've received 100s of PMs about the Road Map.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

Please be sure you add me and Haybales if you are doing the program so we can all keep each other accountable.
    Later this week on my status i'll have a meet and greet so you can hook up with other people who are either new or have been following the program since last year.

Happy health and good eating!
    ;D

Dan'O

PS: If you've used the road map and have had success, be sure to spread the word!
    Start here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/15-success-stories

ooh... please add me to this list! I'm a newbie and so want to do this. It makes so much sense. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • ImmaZombie
    Options
    Just a quick question:

Now that I understand this all a little better, I just need to know if I need to update the Road Map numbers (weight, measurements, etc) for every 5 lbs. I lose?

Thanks so much.

Lately i've had folks eating till they plateau.

Awesome. Thanks so much. Just wanted to make sure I do it right.
  • RepsnSets
    RepsnSets Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Saving for later.

Thanks
  • nursekern
    nursekern Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I've been doing it a week or so, down a couple pounds already! The roadmap was just what I was looking for, and I feel so much better!! Thanks so much!
  • sara1077
    sara1077 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • charliehefferon
    charliehefferon Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Bump