I have never weighed less than my hubbie.

Options
13»

Replies

• Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    on our anniversary to be excat, he took me to Planet Fitness for the very first time.(i wasn't over weight,but needed something to relive stress) so we sat in the parking lot for 20 minutes and I cried. Not because he did this but because I didn't know how I was going to do this with all these people "watching me" so I thought.

Oh my goodness. Sis, I would have been as scared as you. :frown:

Everytime I think about gym and fitness centers (whatever the name), I remember Physical Ed classes in school. I hated PE! I was the 'fat girl'. I was never good at sports. I couldn't run for any length of time without pain and labored breathing. I felt uncoordinated; but worst of all, I was embarassed by how I looked in gym shorts or a swim suit. I hated the locker room and having to change clothes around the other girls, because they all looked so thin; and I was so fat.

I watch Biggest Loser and can't get over the fact that those incredible folks are so willing to stand up on TV and let the world see just how fat people really look under their carefully designed camophlage of clothing. I hid under loose clothes all of my life. I guess that I still do. I wear clothes that are always one size too big. Now, they are even bigger. My pants keep wanting to fall down.

It would be nice to hear about your experience...beyond the crying in the parking lot. I wonder what they would say, if a fat lady in a wheelchair rolled into a gym?

I currently do 30 minutes of exercises in a chair about 4 to 5 times per week. I just got another Sit and Fit DVD today. I can do all of the upper body stuff, and Ed even bought me some little 1 pound weights to use; but I have to skip the leg and foot stuff for now.
  • Hanfordrose
    Hanfordrose Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I know that I have not responded to all of your wonderful messages on this post. I tried to answer them all, but more kept coming. Please know that I love and support all of you in all your goals...mini or big ones.

I think that I should tell my friend who said to post my blog on the message board that she was right. People will respond.

:heart: God bless you all. :heart:
  • morielia
    morielia Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Joy and love are what helps us get through the hardest of times in any relationship. It is what brings us out of sadness, when it comes. It lifts us up, when boredom comes around. It gives us strength to fight through the hardest of times.

Well said!
    By the way, I call Ed...Butthead from time to time. It just a term of endearment. :wink:

I call mine butthead too! Too funny :)
  • MLibby84
    Options
    I have to say I did end up going into the gym that day. I've gone off and on over the years but always would loose the motivation. Now, I have a personal trainer who I see 2x a week and go to the gym 4 days a week. I just started this process so im still learning. I have to say if it wasn;t for my husband always supporting me( I was skinny when we first started dating, but I have always been self-concious of my body) and now that I am the heaviest i have ever been I knew it was time to do something. So he found me this trainer(its a small fitness place) and I love it! Its challenging and hard but I do well one on one. I need that "Keep goining" push. Ever since I started w. the trainer I have been keeping up with the gym. Also I saw a nutrionist which opened up a new world for me. I am hoping to lose 20lbs by the time my hubby comes home, 40lbs is my total goal to lose by my next birthday(which is July) I really admire your persistance with sticking to the excersie even though you have limited mobility right now. I have faith that you will get there :) If you can do it, I can do it.

Maggie~