Challenge Issued

Options

Replies

• halejr23
    halejr23 Posts: 294
    Options
    I don't think I would look good in a bikini ... or, maybe I would! ;-)
  • csheltra26
    csheltra26 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    *crickets*

Strange. People had SO much to say when they were criticizing her body.. they defended themselves and said they have every right to state their preference...

It's almost like they were giant hypocrites who live to trash someone else but could never handle it themselves....

yeah i couldn't handle it myself which is why i do not post pics of myself. so what? if you post pics and hold it up as the ideal you're going to get criticism.

I don't think anyone said it was the "ideal". It was - you can lift weights and still look like a woman. Not that everyone has to look that way...
  • VelociMama
    VelociMama Posts: 3,119 Member
    Options
    These are the people who click the report button when they read a success thread.

Wait. People report success threads?????

Yup. It's happened before. Pathetic behavior.

wasn't one of them a thread about my body fat being disgusting or something? One I never even got to see or read?

It was a while ago, but someone basically called you some unsavory names as part of the "muscular women" thread a while ago. It was just another example of the fit-bashing that goes on here on a regular basis. I still hate that it happened to you.
  • rob1976
    rob1976 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'll bite. This is my "before" picture. I don't have a current picture because I'm not done yet. I don't pay attention to *weight loss* because I'm hitting the gym hard. I'm all about the *BFP loss*.

426791_10151054003101422_1584329420_n.jpg
  • bananapancakebella
    Options
    I wasn't planning on sharing these (just keeping them for personal high-fives) but to show my support for all the brave women on this thread, I'll share:

photo1.jpg
    ^ this was taken mid-november.

photo.jpg
    ^ this was 2 weeks ago.

I would love to have the athletic physique of Matt's fiance, Yo, and all the other strong women out there. I'm working on it!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    These are the people who click the report button when they read a success thread.

wasn't one of them a thread about my body fat being disgusting or something? One I never even got to see or read?

It was a while ago, but someone basically called you some unsavory names as part of the "muscular women" thread a while ago. It was just another example of the fit-bashing that goes on here on a regular basis. I still hate that it happened to you.

it was so not your fault. Please do not feel badly. I'm not for everyone, but I did this for me, not everyone else and I'm ok with that. Puffy hugs!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options

Oh yeah. Well technically they don't report success threads per se. But I've read comments from users who have actually said they get so jealous reading success threads that they then try to find posts to get that person in trouble.

MFP likes to pretend it doesn't exist. But it's funny how the list of banned users contains a whole lot of people who've reached their goals... guess it's just a crazy coincidence.

Just wait a minnute sir. The banned list contains fat slobs like me tooooooo......... :grumble:

Now Homer in a thread trying to fight against body shaming we can't have you calling yourself fat.

Slob yes, I mean tidy up for Pete's sake, but not fat!!

:tongue:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    People may think I look manly, but at 45 years old, I am happy with my 20 year old bone density (per DEXA scan) and I really do not care what they think.

Other 'manly' pics in my profile.

ETA: Holy cr@p that pic was big (or it could have been the *kitten*!) so took out.
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    I wasn't planning on sharing these (just keeping them for personal high-fives) but to show my support for all the brave women on this thread, I'll share:

photo1.jpg
    ^ this was taken mid-november.

photo.jpg
    ^ this was 2 weeks ago.

I would love to have the athletic physique of Matt's fiance, Yo, and all the other strong women out there. I'm working on it!

Whoa :love:

This thread is the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you ladies!
  • VelociMama
    Options

You look amazing too! This thread is great! :smile:
  • _Witsy_
    _Witsy_ Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I would just like to point out that in my photo with a tanktop...I am not wearing a bra. No for real..and I nursed for over a year.
    And I was born with this tan. So there! :tongue:

Yep...and WTF happened to your hand/nails?!?!??!?!
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

so pretty and amazing work!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options

Oh yeah. Well technically they don't report success threads per se. But I've read comments from users who have actually said they get so jealous reading success threads that they then try to find posts to get that person in trouble.

MFP likes to pretend it doesn't exist. But it's funny how the list of banned users contains a whole lot of people who've reached their goals... guess it's just a crazy coincidence.

Just wait a minnute sir. The banned list contains fat slobs like me tooooooo......... :grumble:

Now Homer in a thread trying to fight against body shaming we can't have you calling yourself fat.

Slob yes, I mean tidy up for Pete's sake, but not fat!!

:tongue:

You misunderstand me sir. This is a success story. I was an obese slob. I have worked hard to be a fat slob. Soon I will be a portly slob, then a stout slob, and the finally a "he's a little chubby, but I'd hit it" slob.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    The ignore feature is working quite nicely in this thread.

Yes... I'm taking you up on this suggestion... ah... the thread seems so much more peaceful.

Holy crap - what took me so long? Thanks for the suggestion!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    pictures or it didn't happen.
  • VelociMama
    Options
    You misunderstand me sir. This is a success story. I was an obese slob. I have worked hard to be a fat slob. Soon I will be a portly slob, then a stout slob, and the finally a "he's a little chubby, but I'd hit it" slob.

No pics. No count.
  • LB2LL
    LB2LL Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    All of you ladies look phenomenal. I don't really have any pics yet. Plus, I don't really have a "before." You all keep rockin' it!!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

it was so not your fault. Please do not feel badly. I'm not for everyone, but I did this for me, not everyone else and I'm ok with that. Puffy hugs!

^Now THAT is the best attitude to have :)
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Options
    Hey Folks,

I just want to remind everyone of a couple of our guidelines:

1. No Attacks or Insults and No Reciprocation
    a) Do not attack, mock, or otherwise insult others. You can respectfully disagree with the message or topic, but you cannot attack the messenger. This includes attacks against the user’s spelling or command of written English, or belittling a user for posting a duplicate topic.
    b) If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, you will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself or a friend is not an excuse! Do not take matters into your own hands – instead, use the Report Post link to report an attack and we will be happy to handle the situation for you].

and

4. Show Respect to All Groups and Individuals
    No derogatory references to sex, gender, weight, body-type, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation, or endorsement of violence against any person or group, even if couched in humor, will be permitted. This includes expressing stereotypes about any group or community.

Please respect these guidelines when posting in this and any topic on the MFP forums.

Thanks,
    Olivia
    MFP Community Manager
  • phinphanbill26
    phinphanbill26 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    You don't want to see me in a bikini.